15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge34 View Post
    I mean how to make that thaumbnomicon or the basic crucible or the first magic wand, the research desk, theses recipes aren't in NEI, how can I start if I don't have any clue how to make the basic items.
    Wand is a gold nugget, stick and thaumcraft crystal done in a crafting bench (diagonal line). Next make a bookshelf and right click with your new wand. That gets you the Thaumonomicon. After that the Thaumonomicon tells you how to make everything else.

You can also look at the "Getting Started" section of the TC3 thread: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/...ated-22122012/

10+ Year Old Account
    The Thaumonomicon has all the recipes you'll need. To make it you need a wand (NEI has the recipe for wands) and a bookshelf. Use the wand on the bookshelf and you have the Thaumonomicon. All the information you need to use the mod will be in that book. Also, the Thaumcraft thread has all the information you need to get started. The link is on the first page.

Edit: Fuzzie beat me to it.... DAMN YOU!

Fuzzzie you have the wrong version number up for Forge, it should be 6.6.0.499 not 6.5.0.499

Can anyone give me a hand? I've been using some of these mods and the config files, but I have stumbled upon two problems: I can't seem to find lead ores around the world. Is it just me?
    Also, how am I supposed to get Hardened Glass? I put Pulverized Obsidian on one spot of an Induction Smelter and a Lead Ingot/Pulverized Lead on the other, nothing happens. The Thermal Expansion Wiki says this is how it's done, but I can't seem to get it right. I need that glass for my Energy Cell.

Just another thing for now: Do Logistics Chassis MK(anything) work with Thermal Expansion machines? I tried using a supplier pipe with them and it works, but using a passive supplier module on a MK 1 doesn't. I might be getting it wrong, is it because I used a quicksort module on the chest I want to draw items from? Any hints on how I'm supposed to do it? I want to put all my ores on a chest when I arrive home and have them automatically go to the Pulverizer, and then, when they have finished being processed, the ingots are sent to another chest. And I think I might start using IndustrialCraft instead, as the Induction Smelter needs sand, and the Induction Furnace doesn't... what do you recommend?

Thanks so much beforehand, I can see people here answer in no time. By the way, I love this list, I have favorite'd it a while ago and I always use it. Good work!

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure as I haven't been using Fuzzies list for a lil while now. (which may change since FTB is taking their sweet ass time releasing the "Ultimate Pack" and there are a number of mods I want on my server). If no one has answered or you figure it out by the time I get a new instance setup, I'll look into it for you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonmonk View Post
    Fuzzzie you have the wrong version number up for Forge, it should be 6.6.0.499 not 6.5.0.499
    Fixed! Thanks for spotting it!

Quote Originally Posted by nyancat26 View Post
    Can anyone give me a hand? I've been using some of these mods and the config files, but I have stumbled upon two problems: I can't seem to find lead ores around the world. Is it just me?
    I've had quite a bit of lead spawn for me. If you're having trouble yourself you can re-enable the TE lead generation as I have it disabled to use factorization stuff (more compact).

Code:
    world {
        ####################
        # feature
        ####################

feature {
            B:ore.copper=false
            B:ore.lead=false
            B:ore.silver=false
            B:ore.tin=false
    Config file is in \config\cofh\thermalexpansion.cfg

Also, how am I supposed to get Hardened Glass? I put Pulverized Obsidian on one spot of an Induction Smelter and a Lead Ingot/Pulverized Lead on the other, nothing happens. The Thermal Expansion Wiki says this is how it's done, but I can't seem to get it right. I need that glass for my Energy Cell.
    That should work. Is the Induction smelter getting enough power? I usually just do pulv obsidian and lead ingots. The ingots can be from any mod, doesn't matter.

Just another thing for now: Do Logistics Chassis MK(anything) work with Thermal Expansion machines? I tried using a supplier pipe with them and it works, but using a passive supplier module on a MK 1 doesn't. I might be getting it wrong, is it because I used a quicksort module on the chest I want to draw items from? Any hints on how I'm supposed to do it? I want to put all my ores on a chest when I arrive home and have them automatically go to the Pulverizer, and then, when they have finished being processed, the ingots are sent to another chest. And I think I might start using IndustrialCraft instead, as the Induction Smelter needs sand, and the Induction Furnace doesn't... what do you recommend?
    If you want your unprocessed ores to go into a TE machine via LP then just set up a MK I chassis with an itemsink module in it. Then just tell the itemsink module which ores go into which machines. You shouldn't need an extractor module as TE machines already do that.

This is assuming you have a proper logistics system set. You'll need a "default" input chest with both a quicksort and itemsink module (set to default route). From there it should work. Oh, and make sure it's powered

10+ Year Old Account

Thanks so much beforehand, I can see people here answer in no time. By the way, I love this list, I have favorite'd it a while ago and I always use it. Good work!
    I ran 12 quarries to see if Lead Ores are being generated. It appears they are not. If fact, Lead Ore doesn't even show up in NEI. The Lead Ingot/Pulverized Obsidian is working for me, but the Obsidian Dust does not. Make sure you are in fact using the Pulverized. I think it's 1 Lead Ingot and 4 Pulverized Obsidian. As for the Logistics Pipes questions, I have no clue as I have never used the mod before.

This is using a fresh install of everything.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    I ran 12 quarries to see if Lead Ores are being generated. It appears they are not. If fact, Lead Ore doesn't even show up in NEI. The Lead Ingot/Pulverized Obsidian is working for me, but the Obsidian Dust does not. Make sure you are in fact using the Pulverized. I think it's 1 Lead Ingot and 4 Pulverized Obsidian. As for the Logistics Pipes questions, I have no clue as I have never used the mod before.

This is using a fresh install of everything.
    Like I said, I've been using Factorization Silver Ore in a slag furnace for lead production. It's a little more compact than having 2 separate ores

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Like I said, I've been using Factorization Silver Ore in a slag furnace for lead production. It's a little more compact than having 2 separate ores
    Crap, thats right. Forgot about the Lead from Silver.

15+ Year Old Account
    Okay, I've re-enabled TE Silver and Lead in my configs. I'll probably have a new pack available tonight as I'm installing Ars Magica for the next part of my Let's Play and I'll need to distribute the configs for that anyways. Current configs don't have the change so wait for me to post tonight

Also, for those who want a sneak peak at the episode 35 world download with my finished Frame Quarry the link is here: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?qnmmkl9dithe65f

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, I've re-enabled TE Silver and Lead in my configs. I'll probably have a new pack available tonight as I'm installing Ars Magica for the next part of my Let's Play and I'll need to distribute the configs for that anyways. Current configs don't have the change so wait for me to post tonight

Also, for those who want a sneak peak at the episode 35 world download with my finished Frame Quarry the link is here: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?qnmmkl9dithe65f
    Ars Magica looks cool. Interested to see you play it. It's probably gonna be a while before I play around with it. Gonna DL your world and give the Quarry a look though!

15+ Year Old Account
    Ars Magica looks cool. Interested to see you play it. It's probably gonna be a while before I play around with it. Gonna DL your world and give the Quarry a look though!
    Hehe, have to learn about it first

Enjoy the download!

Oooooh it's 2 pulverized obsidian per lead ingot. I would never have guessed.
    And.. uh, I don't use factorization, therefore I think the only way I got lead was from pulverizing things. I only had 2 of it, I need lots more. And I don't quite remember seeing silver around too. I enabled them in the config, but thing is I wanted the generation to occur on my already existing world. Is there a way I can do it?
    Last edited by nyancat26; 2013-01-14 at 10:56 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I enabled them in the config, but thing is I wanted the generation to occur on my already existing world. Is there a way I can do it?
    Unfortunetly once a chunk is generated you cant spawn new ores into the area. You'll have to either use a mystcraft age or travel far.

Unfortunetly once a chunk is generated you cant spawn new ores into the area. You'll have to either use a mystcraft age or travel far.
    Ok, thanks. I was wondering because Thaumcraft has a way to do it, but I guess not every mod can do it. Mystcraft will do, totally forgot about that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ok, thanks. I was wondering because Thaumcraft has a way to do it, but I guess not every mod can do it. Mystcraft will do, totally forgot about that.
    Yeah, they have a way of doing it. In the future I imagine other mods will include that bit of code too, but for now I would just use a mystcraft age. They're disposable worlds

How does the mystcraft worlds even work when it comes to the server? Let's say you make a world in mystcraft, you travel to it, mine and do some stuff. Will this world always be in the memory of the server, even tho nobody is in the world? That is what worries me the most. Having a bunch of worlds loaded in memory that you're not even visiting. I'd hope that minecraft would unload the world if nobody is in it and no chunkloading is going on?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huldu View Post
    How does the mystcraft worlds even work when it comes to the server? Let's say you make a world in mystcraft, you travel to it, mine and do some stuff. Will this world always be in the memory of the server, even tho nobody is in the world? That is what worries me the most. Having a bunch of worlds loaded in memory that you're not even visiting. I'd hope that minecraft would unload the world if nobody is in it and no chunkloading is going on?
    If no one is in the world and no chunkloaders (or anything that chunkloads) are there, they are unloaded from memory.

If no one is in the world and no chunkloaders (or anything that chunkloads) are there, they are unloaded from memory.
    Thank you for the quick answer.

15+ Year Old Account
    Also good to note, If you're running a server with multiple people, you can configure the railcraft world anchors to only be active when the player is online. That way you don't have players ages running for all the time they're not online. You can also set them to burn "fuel" in the form of enderpearls, so un-attended anchors will eventually run out of fuel and stop working. Finally, there is a config option that removes all world anchors from a server. It's a 1 shot deal but is good if people have placed a lot of them and you don't know where they all are. There is also another type of chunk loader for servers that's not craftable and has to be given to you by the admin. That's also a good way of controlling how many you have.