Thread: Ram maxing out

Ram maxing out

Hey Computer,

Recently, since the 5.x patch, My RAM has been maxing out. This is frustrating because, short of updating WoW, I have not downloaded anything that would be running while playing. I'm a bit of an internet tab whore and I would usually have 5 tabs open on Chrome, and I seem to play just fine. Sometimes I play with music player on. Now, I have to get down to 2 tabs at most, and not one of them be youtube, or else that annoying memory warning pops up and pretty much can get me killed in PvP... the memory warning pops up when I'm at around 4.6GB of RAM usage.

Is there anything I can tweak before short of just buying another set of RAM? I have an X58 chipset with 6GB DDR3-1600, and I have 3 more slots. I used to look at SSD tweaks long ago to maximize my old 80gb SSD, but now I have since upgraded to 160gb and have no space issues (I don't know if I could do anything about that, it's been so long since I did some tweaks for SSD space)

Thanks

Best way is to check your current ram usage in Task Manager and see which application is using the most ram and how much.

That doesn't sound right. Wow doesn't use that much ram. I'm guessing u should be at around 4GB ram usage total and still have a fewe gigs left unused but not maxed out.

Quote Originally Posted by c0rnel View Post
    Best way is to check your current ram usage in Task Manager and see which application is using the most ram and how much.

That doesn't sound right. Wow doesn't use that much ram. I'm guessing u should be at around 4GB ram usage total and still have a fewe gigs left unused but not maxed out.
    ^^^ This. Buying new RAM isn't going to solve resource starvation issues. If some of your RAM is actually faulty you'd know because it would be rendered completely unusable or memory corruption would ensue, probably resulting in a blue screen. Open the task manager and see what process is clogging up the works. Perhaps it is multiple processes. Either way, you need to nail it down to a specific cause rather than just guessing at what it may or may not be. What you have updated recently *may* be relevant, or it may be a red herring. Use facts to solve problems.
    Last edited by Biged781; 2012-10-16 at 04:52 PM.