Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Forsaken will wipe out ERRYONE at the end of panda land expansion and become the sole race on Azeroth.
    /thread

(Yes, this was a joke)

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Vol'Jin is always on about leaving the Horde and criticising it. I would rather have Baine, at least he realises that without the Horde, his people would be fucked. Vol'Jin telling Thrall he was thinking of leading his people away, then what? Fight the Zandalari on his own? Hope that the Alliance take it well and don't kill them? I would hate for Vol'Jin to be warchief, I don't think he has what it takes to lead the Horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd laugh, if they made Nazgrim Warchief.

Quote Originally Posted by Yogg-Saron, God of Death View Post
    He did more than Garrosh Hellscream, who became a warchief because he had the capability to sit around emo'ing in Nagrand, ride on the "glory" of his father's actions and act spiteful/hateful (more than actual horde members) towards a faction he knows nothing of other than "we're at war, hate them.".
    Not saying I love Garrosh at this point, but there is so much wrong in that statement. It's cool to hate Garrosh but at least do it for reasons given nit just made up ones.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Whatever. Whats happened here is all of you jumped on the latest bandwagon and suddenly believe because a lore character gets some attention, that must make them the central role.

People said the same thing with Jaina and tides of war, that Varian was going to die and Jaina was going to be leader of the alliance. OH Wait, no, it didn't go that way.

Just because Vol'jin gets some attention doesn't even make this argument sensical in the slightest, people just jump on the latest tib bits of lore and think they have it all figured out.

Its the whole difference between a logical idea, and those having common sense.
    Maybe i live underneath a rock but i dont recall Varian being even close to the whole Theramore issue. Hell! I bet he didnt knew anything about it untill it was done.

Vol'jin however has this situation running for quite some time. You could even say that he had it coming since W3 TFT after he was assigned to Rexxar as him most trusted men. Also dont forget whole bad chemistry between him and Garrosh.

Also I dont think Orcs are so boneheaded and homophobic to everyone else but themselves. Im fairly sure they can process through their head that other races can do for great leaders for them, otherwise Horde would be Orcs and slaves, not Orcs and allies. Perhaps that is too much for you.

The best thing Blizzard could do is giving us as many valid candidates as possible to speculate about.

Deleted
    There Will be no new warchief the horde is to become a democracy

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lassira View Post
    Saurfang's age is an asset, not a liability.
    After what I had seen in ICC I dare to question that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomzter View Post
    There Will be no new warchief the horde is to become a democracy
    Well, they would be the first one.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'll remind you again, and throw a spanner in the works of your oh so brilliant idea.

The orcs are the highest population of fighters in the horde. If the orcs are not being lead by an orc leader, you actually think they will follow a none orc ruler?

And if Vol'jin did, who then would be the orcs racial leader after Garrosh is gone?

No ideas aye? Yea, thought as much.
    The horde warchief is just the strongest fitting to lead. The orcs would recognize this.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

I'm pretty sure that according to lore only an orc can be warchief.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

10+ Year Old Account
    I do believe the horde is heading towards a state where all faction leaders will be of equal standing, so the warchief title will be no more meaningful then high chieftain, banshee queen or regent lord.

This though of course will be frowned upon several years after it happens by the playerbase who then think its a shit idea and call for a new defacto leader, since it happened with the alliance for years and gave no meaning to the name alliance when it was a divided faction.

But with the vol'jin thing, you lot are jumping to conclusions like you do everything else. This makes blizzards job so easy when people jump at red herrings so easily.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishblade View Post
    Some love in the lore and model department doesn't make him Warchief, personally I still don't see Vol'jin take on such a role.
    Prettymuch. Sylvanas got a new model and some love in lore, doesn't mean she was being built up into warchief mode.

Still hoping it's Thrall, not because I particularly liked his antics in Cata, but because he IS the warchief in my mind, he earned that back in W3 and cemented himself in that place until he's killed off as far as I'm concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowbathed View Post
    I'm calling Rexxar
    Did he pick up?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rnbwtrout View Post
    we all know its gonna be LOR'THEMAR THERON. time for the horde to get FABULOUS!!!
    As much as I like the guy, Theron would be a piss poor Warchief. Not so much in-game (he has the mindset, ties and capabilities to be a brilliant administrator... which he already is), but out of it... ugh. Please no.

Quote Originally Posted by Elementalkin View Post
    It can't be Vol'jin, because then there would be no troll leader. Check mate.
    I guess that means the Orcs have no racial leader because Garrosh is Warchief. Check mate.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, especially if properly sharpened and in the hands of a well trained ninja.

I do believe the horde is heading towards a state where all faction leaders will be of equal standing, so the warchief title will be no more meaningful then high chieftain, banshee queen or regent lord.

This seems unlikely to me in light of the fact that it would appear that the Alliance is prepared to name Varian High King of the Alliance in patch 5.1.

My biggest problem with Vol'jin as Warchief is that at its essence Garrosh is right. Vol'jin is a traitor. Most people might agree that Vol'jin is right in what he did, however it makes it no less an act of treason to openly threaten to kill the rightful Warchief. Nor, did Vol'jin have any right to go behind the rest of the Hordes backs and alert the Alliance to the treat posed by the Trolls in patch 4.2.

Even if Thrall were to return as Warchief I don't see how Vol'jin can be trusted. If he disagrees with a decision of the Warchief he is just going to do whatever he wants to do.

Deleted
    This makes about as much sense as Anduin becoming High King of the Alliance. He's gotten more screentime as well. PROOF!

Blizzard have said time and time again that at the core Warcraft is still about Orcs vs Humans. This decision would make the game Trolls vs Humans.
    Perhaps a good reflection of the online community?

Also, Vol'jin vs Anduin doesn't make for an interesting game. But if that's what you all wish for, so be it. Sounds like a lame game to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Blizzard have said time and time again that at the core Warcraft is still about Orcs vs Humans. This decision would make the game Trolls vs Humans.

Blizzard never said the core of Warcraft was Warchief vs. King. The Darkspear is still a tiny tribe and a small fraction of the Horde. No matter who is Warchief, the vast bulk of the Horde will still be Orcs and Warcraft will still at its core be Orcs vs. Humans

Deleted
    Also, didn't answer my question. The orcs, the largest body of fights within the horde, will need to be lead. And they are not going to be commanded by a none orc. So, who would become there leader?
    Etrigg.

Saurfang

The Commander from Pandaria seems alright.

Vol'jin is just wiser than all of them, having a leader be the smart guy with a council of others is fine. Also, Putting Vol'jin as Warchief makes the Horde feel alot less "Orcs and their friends."

---------- Post added 2012-10-15 at 02:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    Vol'Jin is always on about leaving the Horde and criticising it. I would rather have Baine, at least he realises that without the Horde, his people would be fucked. Vol'Jin telling Thrall he was thinking of leading his people away, then what? Fight the Zandalari on his own? Hope that the Alliance take it well and don't kill them? I would hate for Vol'Jin to be warchief, I don't think he has what it takes to lead the Horde.
    Pretty sure that if Vol'jin left the Horde, at the end he would have joined the Zandalari.

If you watch the Zandalari trailer, he actually says "The Horde are my people."

He cares about the Horde, just not Garosh being a huge dick.