Deleted

Stone Guard 10HC

I have a question regarding the crystals - should we make people click only the crystal belonging to the currently petrifying boss? Or do people also click other crystals and use their personal CDs?

Also - how many stacks should we generally go for? ~70 or higher? Or simply add to the number of stacks whenever you can click the crystal from the petrifying dog?

Deleted
    At pull get all your dps to click any crystal and get to 70 tiles in first 10 seconds. healers shouldnt have any issue and ofc dps use personal CDs. also no harm in using raid CDs too as there arent defined periods to use them in

At 70 and 40 we got all nonchained dps to click and chained together dps(didnt make healers do tiles), same thing with CDs as above. anything over 50 tiles each time is acceptable assuming you have fair dps

also dont be afraid to pop ice crystals in the wrong phases. with strong personal/healer CDs its no prob to clear paths which will eliminate many traps you make for yourselves.

Deleted
    Was just about to come make a thread about this boss so, to avoid clutter, I'll keep all my questions here. Hoping some of you who have already cleared him could give some tips (tactical freeloader, heh!).

Do you bring 2 or 3 healers?

All DPS popping crystals and energizing should be enough to last until the first reset or do we need to keep people energizing tiles?

After the resets I suppose it's safer to just have one or two pop crystals at a time, yea? If you have more, then I suppose you have to blow raid cooldowns (?).

Apart from that, and according to Icy Veins, there's no energy decay in Heroic mode so at what value are you switching the bosses? We did at around 60% on normal, but I'm guessing 40/50 would be safer for Heroic?

Is the damage from the energy "explosion" on the petrification boss significant or can we still safely endure it without cooldowns?

Last question: Should you pop Hero/BL once you have a bunch of stacks at the start or wait for the 40% reset?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    Was just about to come make a thread about this boss so, to avoid clutter, I'll keep all my questions here. Hoping some of you who have already cleared him could give some tips (tactical freeloader, heh!).

All DPS popping crystals and energizing should be enough to last until the first reset or do we need to keep people energizing tiles?

After the resets I suppose it's safer to just have one or two pop crystals at a time, yea? If you have more, then I suppose you have to blow raid cooldowns (?).

Apart from that, and according to Icy Veins, there's no energy decay in Heroic mode so at what value are you switching the bosses? We did at around 60% on normal, but I'm guessing 40/50 would be safer for Heroic?

Is the damage from the energy "explosion" on the petrification boss significant or can we still safely endure it without cooldowns?

Last question: Should you pop Hero/BL once you have a bunch of stacks at the start or wait for the 40% reset?
    We used 4 healers, we could of beaten the enrage with 5. Unless you want to make the fight purposely difficult take as many as you can to heal through mistakes.

Enough, and stack healers & get them to energize tiles at 75 & 40%.

Can't answer that I'm afraid, but I don't think it's something you can plan out like that.

It's minuscule provided you have resistance.

I would wait till ~30% when you have enough stacks & the fight is beginning to become more difficult.

--

OP, only take those you have resistance to, and aim for around 70 stacks or more.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post

Really depends on your dps and healers, we did the fight with 2 healers and our resto druid even died 30 secs before the fight was downed. So our resto shammy solo healed the last 10% or so with only 40 stacks.. That said more stacks you have the better if it doesnt include unneccesary risks.. and abt the hero, we just popped it on start(10-15 sec delay) to get to 75% fast, after that we focused on getting the stacks again, kept the room clear of traps and same repeated at 40%

What is the risk of getting a crystal that isn't called for? Say, getting amethyst when you're *supposed* to get jades crystal? We seem to be having a really rough time. We get about 60-70 stacks out at the first of the fight, then burn to 75%. All while blowing up mines when called for. Once we get to 75%, we get the crystal that's called for, yet we seem to be taking a HUGE amount of damage. Currently 4 healing it and it's running our healers out of mana and we're just getting sauced.

What bosses are active in 10 men this wekk ?

From an other thread, just my speculation (must be confirmed):

Regarding Stone Guards, I think the rotation looks like this (in 10men):

Amethyst, Cobalt, Jade (1st EU week)
    Amethyst, Cobalt, Jasper
    Amethyst, Jade, Jasper (1st US week)
    Cobalt, Jade, Jasper

So for this week, we will have Amethyst, Cobalt, Jade for US and Amethyst, Jade, Jasper for EU.

I'm not sure why people are telling you to have dps click any crystal but the one that is associated with the guardian that is currently casting petrify.... there's just no reason to waste CDs or mana or anything when you can just all click the one that does 90% reduced damage... Rest of the fight is explained here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7j6BLLK7AI
    We didn't have jasper chains but you don't handle them any differently than you do in normal mode.
    Gamer, Nerd, Physicist. What more could you want?! Well fine, I have a youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/shaidyadvice and a stream: www.twitch.tv/shaidyadvice I'm currently spending my free time with the fine fellows and ladies over at Death and Taxes.

The by far easiest version to deal with this fight, if you get chains, is to bring 2 tanks, 3 healers and a random monkey speccing into tank spec.(since tanks can not get chains)
    That leaves you with 3 chains, 1 guy free to just do tiles all fight long and 1 guy free of chains - which could also do tiles if hes bored.
    Think we killed it with 2 people dead from 40% downwards and 100+ stacks perma.