Fury DPS questions

I've been disappointed in my raid dps so far. I was doing well in 5-mans and questing, and then started raiding and my dps was significantly lower!

I just ran SimC and compared it to my log (for Feng) for last week. What really confuses me is that SimC says my attacks should be hitting harder that what I'm seeing in the logs. For instance:

Execute: Actual > Hit 101k / Crit 198k SimC > Hit 133k / Crit 302k
    Bloodthirst: Actual > Hit 15k / Crit 32k SimC > Hit 20k / Crit 42k
    Raging Blow-MH: Actual > Hit 43k / Crit 79k SimC > Hit 47k / Crit 98k
    Also, SimC had 44% Flurry uptime - actual was 36%. Enrage uptime was 74% in SimC vs. 58% actual.

I made sure the buffs in SimC were what I had in the raid.

Any idea what's going on here? Any help would be appreciated.

Doesn't sim craft take make it so that everything that happened in there would be PERFECT, where as in the real world latency, buff uptime, little things like Tricks of the Trade etc are missed but sim craft includes them?

I really don't like sims so I'm probably not the person to answer this but I use my own research of try it and test it then go with what you feel best with.

Quote Originally Posted by CallMeGrey View Post
    I've been disappointed in my raid dps so far. I was doing well in 5-mans and questing, and then started raiding and my dps was significantly lower!

I just ran SimC and compared it to my log (for Feng) for last week. What really confuses me is that SimC says my attacks should be hitting harder that what I'm seeing in the logs. For instance:

Execute: Actual > Hit 101k / Crit 198k SimC > Hit 133k / Crit 302k
    Bloodthirst: Actual > Hit 15k / Crit 32k SimC > Hit 20k / Crit 42k
    Raging Blow-MH: Actual > Hit 43k / Crit 79k SimC > Hit 47k / Crit 98k
    Also, SimC had 44% Flurry uptime - actual was 36%. Enrage uptime was 74% in SimC vs. 58% actual.

I made sure the buffs in SimC were what I had in the raid.

Any idea what's going on here? Any help would be appreciated.
    The number difference you are seeing is due to 3 issues: Proper CD lineups, enrage uptime, and damage during CS.

As you can see from your sim, RB has the lowest damage difference, this is because it is not affected by enrage uptime since it can only be used during enrage. Execute has the biggest difference, so that is where most of the 3 points aboved are done improperly (according to sim).

If you want to post your log maybe someone could go through it and point out what specifically needs work on if anything.

heres is the link to the logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/d...=10074&e=10628

Admittedly, there is movement on this fight and making optimum use of your cd's can be tricky. Just didn't think it would/should make that much difference.

Again, I appreciate the help.

Admittedly, there is movement on this fight and making optimum use of your cd's can be tricky. Just didn't think it would/should make that much difference.
    You could have used recklessness twice during the fight, once at beginning and once at execute phase. You could have used Berserker's Rage more times for higher enrage uptime.

The reason your actual hits are lower in damage from sims though is you have a less perfect CS/enrage/execute timing. Every CS in execute phase it should be possible to get a CS > Bloodthirst > Execute > Execute in.

You shouldn't be using dragon roar inside a CS either, or using Raging blow/impending victory inside execute phase.

Thanks Lefrog.

I have a macro for my cd's: /cast Recklessness, Berseker's Rage, and Bloodbath. I hit that everytime it's up followed immediately by CS > RB (or execute) + HS. I also try to get in Dragon's Roar before the 12 sec window on Bloodbath is up - but after CS goes down. This lines up my cd's, but I wasn't sure if it was taking full advantage of Berserker's Rage (probably not). I'll take RB out of my rotation during execute phase. The impending victory was because my health was dangerously low - I'd rather live and do more dps.

Oh btw - I think I did use Reck 2x, but because of my macro, not during the execute phase.

Oh btw - I think I did use Reck 2x, but because of my macro, not during the execute phase.
    Yea sorry, I thought it wasn't there under buffs gained on the logs, but it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Lefrog View Post
    You could have used recklessness twice during the fight, once at beginning and once at execute phase. You could have used Berserker's Rage more times for higher enrage uptime.

The reason your actual hits are lower in damage from sims though is you have a less perfect CS/enrage/execute timing. Every CS in execute phase it should be possible to get a CS > Bloodthirst > Execute > Execute in.

You shouldn't be using dragon roar inside a CS either, or using Raging blow/impending victory inside execute phase.
    Why no Dragon roar during CS?
    Blizzcon 2010+2011+2013+2014+2015 Attendee!
    lvl-110 Zeush(Sen'jin) Orc Fury Warrior(bread and Butter) WATCH BIG CRITS! Raiding Guild Reality Series! http://www.bigcrits.com/site/index.php

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bgwilly31 View Post
    Dragon Roar already ignores armor. Basically its a wasted GCD during a CS that'd be better spent on anything that benefits from no armor.

Quote Originally Posted by bgwilly31 View Post
    Dragon Roar already ignores armor. Using it during CS would be a waste of an armor ignoring global.

Dragon Roar ignores 100% of a targets armor so using it in a Colossus Smash window wastes a global.

dont use Dragon Roar during Bloodbath. It doesnt benefit from it because bloodbath is only melee specials

Quote Originally Posted by jones904 View Post
    dont use Dragon Roar during Bloodbath. It doesnt benefit from it because bloodbath is only melee specials
    Yes it does

Quote Originally Posted by jones904 View Post
    It does and I am pretty sure it puts a bleed on everything it hits during BB.