Thread: Fire Mage Guide

Page 64 of 83 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by icerus View Post
    Hey guys any got a BiS list for fire mage T16? Thanks!!!
    http://www.methodwow.com/board/showt...e-Guide/#patch

Deleted
    Thanks alot !

Why BBOY is better than the Dark Shaman trinket for Mage Fire?

The multistrike thing just look great for Mages.

Hi there,

I'm now at 41.63% crit if I spec to fire and use molten armor. My question is, if it is ok to switch to fire? I'm doing decent DPS with frost at the moment, but I want to go back to fire for sure. Last time I specced to fire (<34% crit buffed), I outperformed the fire spec with frost.

Greetings!

Edit: I don't have the permission to post links yet. So, it's "Athrun" on Arthas-EU. Switching to fire spec and using "Molten Armor" -> 41,63% crit. (askmrrobot)

Quote Originally Posted by athrun-arthas View Post
    Hi there,

I'm now at 41.63% crit if I spec to fire and use molten armor. My question is, if it is ok to switch to fire? I'm doing decent DPS with frost at the moment, but I want to go back to fire for sure. Last time I specced to fire (<34% crit buffed), I outperformed the fire spec with frost.

Greetings!

Edit: I don't have the permission to post links yet. So, it's "Athrun" on Arthas-EU. Switching to fire spec and using "Molten Armor" -> 41,63% crit. (askmrrobot)
    Hmm it's a tough call really, you don't have 4-set t15 right? Ideally you would have over 15k crit rating and 4-set t15 or T16. I think it will work ok if you really want to play fire. Just don't expect to be amazing..

Thanks for your reply! I have 4xT15 (530 Chest, 502 Legs, 530 Head, 530 Shoulder). Better swap to this gear?

But I don't want to play fire, if I'm gimping myself and better stay frost until I reach the ratings I need!

Quote Originally Posted by athrun-arthas View Post
    Thanks for your reply! I have 4xT15 (530 Chest, 502 Legs, 530 Head, 530 Shoulder). Better swap to this gear?

But I don't want to play fire, if I'm gimping myself and better stay frost until I reach the ratings I need!
    If you go fire, I'd say getting the 4 set outweights the Ilevels. It's seriously strong, but if you keep getting more higher Ilevels then ofc going without t15 is the choice. That is if you don't go to ToT heroic to get the 535 pieces.

And am not sure abt the gimping part, cause haven't played without T15 4-set and sub 530 ilevel as fire in 5.2->5.4. I'd say it should work, but can't say am 100% sure.
    Last edited by mrgreenthump; 2013-09-16 at 07:59 AM.

Deleted
    Wow you had t15 in patch 4.1 ? impressive

Any way from what I can remember from my own experience in the start of ToT progress was that frost outperformed fire till around roughly 525 and 40%+ crit, this was without any tier15 sets as i got them late in progress and tier14 was pretty strong for frost+ tier15 bugged.. So in my mind if you can get above 40% crit, and is more comfortable with playing fire then switch. But then again since then combustion have been nerfed, and frost been buffed.

What i would suggest is to go and try both specs one day as fire one as frost. if you play both specs to the same level, then the winner should be clear or your offered a choice of preference if they are equal =)

Quote Originally Posted by stX3 View Post
    Wow you had t15 in patch 4.1 ? impressive

What i would suggest is to go and try both specs one day as fire one as frost. if you play both specs to the same level, then the winner should be clear or your offered a choice of preference if they are equal =)
    Maybe I could have written it a bit better sure, but ye fixed it just for you

I think what he is after is that he doesn't really like playing frost that much or wants to play fire.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Turkey One View Post
    It can sometimes become next to impossible to play perfectly if you have enough haste. I magically had the worst trinket luck EVER at the start of ToT and had the legendary meta and the SPA trinket while also playing around with haste > mastery one night. Basically what would happen is that if we lusted on pull + meta + trinket I was throwing out fireballs so fast it became difficult to not accidentally throw another fireball after getting HS+HU. I wouldn't be afraid to say that situation would be impossible to play correctly without luck if you had any lag at all.
    This happened to me the other night on Garrosh. When everything procs perfectly with lust up, it does prove harder to maintain your HU+Pyro and not waste your Instant Pyros. Yes, it is okay to spam Pyro while your buffs are up, but I don't suggest doing so when your 'Perfect RNG' wears off.

As for everyone else that is confused towards how to rotate your HU+Pyro, It's easier put this way:

If you have a Pyro up and not a heating up, KEEP casting Fireball
    If you have a Pyro AND a Heating Up proc, Cast Fireball with BOTH of them up, and Use your Pyro as that Fireball is mid-air.
    Never use your Pyro Proc if you won't have a Heating Up or Pyro proc afterwards.

Doing this ensures you get the most out of your procs and will ultimately result in more damage from your Pyroblasts.

Hope I helped ^.^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Preheet View Post
    This happened to me the other night on Garrosh. When everything procs perfectly with lust up, it does prove harder to maintain your HU+Pyro and not waste your Instant Pyros. Yes, it is okay to spam Pyro while your buffs are up, but I don't suggest doing so when your 'Perfect RNG' wears off.

As for everyone else that is confused towards how to rotate your HU+Pyro, It's easier put this way:

If you have a Pyro AND a Heating Up proc, Cast Fireball with BOTH of them up, and Use your Pyro as that Fireball is mid-air.
    Never use your Pyro Proc if you won't have a Heating Up or Pyro proc afterwards.

Doing this ensures you get the most out of your procs and will ultimately result in more damage from your Pyroblasts.

Hope I helped ^.^
    Well actually there are situations where getting rid of your HS without HU is the right thing to do in order not to munch a possible HS/Hu, f.ex when reapplying dots. Also you should not go for hs+hu if IB has come off cd again, and your not building combust. Then you need to clear up, get your hu->ib and reset and got for hs+hu. This will become even more so, when we start getting t16(h) 4p.

Also as for the lust haste problem with reacting to HU in time before 2 fireballs have been cast, is pretty simple, move closer to the boss. I know its not always possible, but in ToT f.ex there should be no bosses where this is not possible. I guess depending on garosh strat you might be further out and run into that problem.

Ps Mr.green i love your new avatar , though i thought greenthump would be more in line with mary jane than shrooms.

To add when to hardcast pyroblast is when ever a boss is targetable before it takes damage(immunity phases) and you can just cast pyro and let it hit as soon as the phase ends.

Ps Mr.green i love your new avatar , though i thought greenthump would be more in line with mary jane than shrooms.
    Mm, mrgreenthump comes from Dr. Greenthumb(Cypress Hill), but Dr was taken then and mr just stuck along, and well the shrooms are for Infected Mushroom.
    Last edited by mrgreenthump; 2013-09-19 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Preheet View Post

Hope I helped ^.^

I'm going to reiterate what I've said before, because I believe there is some pollyanna thinking with this.

On a dummy/patchwerk, camping Pyro/HU will maximize your dps.

Introduce any element outside of that (including lag), it is my opinion that you fire the instant Pyro ASAP. No camping. No nothing. Instant Pyro = Pyro.

Now, if it's the first 30 seconds of Siegecrafter, and you get lucky and don't have to move at all, and you're sitting on the boss, feel free to camp Pyro/HU in this manner.

The only times I can remember reliably being able to camp Pyro/HU in this manner in all of T15 was the first 30 seconds on Durumu and also on Council.

I had what would have been a top 15 fire mage parse on siegecrafter had my guilds logs been working correctly last week. (Only siegecrafter because I raid only semi-regularly and fill in on progression.)

There's a... a feel for it. It comes with playing the spec for months and months. I know upthread someone lambasted me for not allowing for this style as "perfect" play.

I would just point out that an instant Pyro with any movement is a dps increase over scorch. And that any lag whatsoever will tend to cause munching issues with crit streaks.

It's definitely worth it to learn the Pyro/HU camping for burst dps on a pull, and for the rare times you can go raid dummy/patchwerk. But a half-channeled fireball where you have to cancel the cast to move is going to be a dps loss compared to just firing the dang thing without trying to cheese it like this.

Pyromelter your advice is pretty bad on most of your posts. Alot of what you're saying will be avoided by proper play. For example :
    But a half-channeled fireball where you have to cancel the cast to move is going to be a dps loss compared to just firing the dang thing without trying to cheese it like this.
    There has never been a fight this entire expansion where I have ever needed to cancel a fireball cast to move for some mechanic. All the fights are scripted and have timers for abilities. We also have amazing movement utilities and scorch is castable while moving. There is never a reason unless you are straight up tunneling and ignoring boss ability timers for something to happen and you go "oh shit I better cancel my fireball cast and move!"

Quote Originally Posted by Zavri View Post
    Pyromelter your advice is pretty bad on most of your posts. Alot of what you're saying will be avoided by proper play.
    There is no need to be rude to other people, even if they are wrong.
    There has never been a fight this entire expansion where I have ever needed to cancel a fireball cast to move for some mechanic. All the fights are scripted and have timers for abilities. We also have amazing movement utilities and scorch is castable while moving. There is never a reason unless you are straight up tunneling and ignoring boss ability timers for something to happen and you go "oh shit I better cancel my fireball cast and move!"
    Dark Animus and Sha of fear are the first things that come to mind that you have to move as soon as you see the bolt landing(most of the time).

in the animus case canceling your fireball bc of anima font then shooting the pyro as you take one step gives the exact same outcome as shooting pyros instantly, as you'd still have to cancel your fireball when anima font targeted you if you shot every pyro as you got it. if lag is an issue or at high levels of haste adding the sound queues people posted might help

Quote Originally Posted by Drooul View Post
    in the animus case canceling your fireball bc of anima font then shooting the pyro as you take one step gives the exact same outcome as shooting pyros instantly, as you'd still have to cancel your fireball when anima font targeted you if you shot every pyro as you got it. if lag is an issue or at high levels of haste adding the sound queues people posted might help
    I weren't even taking part on the camping for HU discussion, I just mentioned that there were fights that you simply could not let fireball to cast till you had to move.

But on the actual discussion camping for HU will come more tricky with T16 as you do want to use your set bonus now, so we will probably start to use fireball(crit), fireball, HU, fireball, Pyro(if hu+hs), till 2 sec off IB cd and dumb HS to get another IB off. Or we will just continue not to care abt IB as our crit rates are so high already

Anyone got some dps rankings for all the different ilvl's of trinkets going from ToT normal to heroic SoO? Want to find out if, for example, 528 LFR Bindings of Immerseus is better than 528 Woosh, or 522 Cha'Ye's.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Deleted
    I think any version of the Immerseus trinket is better than any other trinket.

I think any version of the Immerseus trinket is better than any other trinket.
    I think so too, but I'd like to see numbers to ease my concerns.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..