Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinoa View Post
    ... I'm tired, okay! I meant Fire.

Edit: Either that or make Pyroblast and Fireball remove the Deep Freeze debuff on the target.
    Or they could make it really simple and remove Shatter. I think we need to try and remove damage buffs from CC abilities. They're pointless in PvE and a source of severe contention in PvP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Just remove Deep Freeze from Fire, in my opinion. I'm curious: how many fire mages use DF regularly in pve that matters (not just out questing, but 5 mans, scenarios, or raids)?
    Last edited by DarkSoul; 2012-10-22 at 04:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkSoul View Post
    Just remove Deep Freeze from Fire, in my opinion. I'm curious: how many fire mages use DF regularly in pve that matters (not just out questing, but 5 mans, scenarios, or raids)?
    I don't think anyone uses DF regularly in a PvE context outside of questing.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Or they could make it really simple and remove Shatter. I think we need to try and remove damage buffs from CC abilities. They're pointless in PvE and a source of severe contention in PvP.
    That would remove a lot of aspect of the mage and probably make it a very weak class. Even if they reworked fingers of frost and brain freeze procs to work as they are right now, it would still be very hard for mages to actually kill anything. It will be hard enough with 45sec cd deep freeze.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Enabled View Post
    Your obviously doing it wrong. Stay at your PVE game. Cause ppl that dont know shit whining they get killed with zero resil is whats fucking up everything similar to balance in this game.
    You're* also, it's so funny to see EVERYTIME someone makes a point about mages being OP in pvp to get a same comment back as you do. and yes, I do know how to play pvp, and yes, I got pvp gear, and yes, your class has been retardedly op pretty much since wotlk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorschachs View Post
    That would remove a lot of aspect of the mage and probably make it a very weak class. Even if they reworked fingers of frost and brain freeze procs to work as they are right now, it would still be very hard for mages to actually kill anything. It will be hard enough with 45sec cd deep freeze.
    In which case it incentivizes spreading damage out amongst other abilities rather than making mages viable based on being able to global someone down every 30 seconds.

i see pyro change being changed to 2s, 3 is pushing it a LOT, 2 seems alright.
    i knew ring is happening the moment i saw will of the emp fight, too bad it will hurt pvp a lot, 30s ring was too good.
    mage armor has been toyed with so much since it was created i just skip changes done do it.
    ice barrier nerf sucks now, but will be fine in full pvp gear.

the only change i completely disagree with is 45s deep freeze. compare it to a warriors shockwave, dispellable vs physical, 45s vs 20s, singletarget vs aoe, really....hope at least deep gets reverted back to 30s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    i see pyro change being changed to 2s, 3 is pushing it a LOT, 2 seems alright.
    i knew ring is happening the moment i saw will of the emp fight, too bad it will hurt pvp a lot, 30s ring was too good.
    mage armor has been toyed with so much since it was created i just skip changes done do it.
    ice barrier nerf sucks now, but will be fine in full pvp gear.

the only change i completely disagree with is 45s deep freeze. compare it to a warriors shockwave, dispellable vs physical, 45s vs 20s, singletarget vs aoe, really....hope at least deep gets reverted back to 30s
    Shockwave doesn't practically guarantee critical strikes against affected targets, however.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mage nerfs seem bizarre and obtuse, to say the least. How can spellsteal cost more than a full stacked arcane blast? i know we no longer have mana issues but with this they also made our spellsteal glyph useless.
    Regarding pyroblast cd, completely fucked up idea. Buffing pyro damage and making hot streak pyros not to trigger "heating up" would have been a way better solution to deep freeze pyroblasts redundance with shatter.

Looks as though they've done some tinkering with their initial proposed changes, namely that DF now has a reduced duration (possible that they decided to eliminate the cooldown changes and implement this instead i.e. it's still 30secs and not the proposed 45secs...) and a new(?) one the way of Frost Bomb now having an increased duration prior to its explosion (from 5secs to 6).

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    In which case it incentivizes spreading damage out amongst other abilities rather than making mages viable based on being able to global someone down every 30 seconds.
    You can't really cast those abilities in pvp.

Start changing to frost now, Fires dead

Quote Originally Posted by Divr View Post
    I was thinking this exact thing. Perhaps this change is not going to effect hot streak procced pryoblasts / instants as that spell is called Pyroblast!.
    I hope this is the case, if it is it won't change fire pve at all... Its not very often you hard cast pyroblast.
    The only examples I can think of (besides off the pull of course) are in feng during Epicentre as he is coming out of it to hit him with pyro as he finishes.

Of course this will affect the PoM pyro aswell though.

If they do make the Pyroblast! share the CD with pyroblast, this won't really affect me too much, except during my Alter time macro phase which the Combustion buff makes up for anyway.

Stop QQing, it could be worse, imagine Combustion not being able to be spread? (Don't get any ideas Blizz!)

EDIT: Made a mistake, wrote pvp instead of pve (fixed!)
    Last edited by fuchsx; 2012-10-24 at 02:15 AM.