Deleted

Northrend mining nodes

Why did they feel the need to reduce the amount of nodes spammed to near non existent?

It is almost impossible to find a Cobalt ore.

I don't understand this at all..... in WoTlk the spawn rate was just right.

Now it's very hard to find any ore at all.

It's just really annoying to try find them since there are no real swap edge locations like we usually farm along
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.

10+ Year Old Account
    You need to know where to look.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not quite sure what you mean. Following the guide on WoW-Professions.com I was able to level mining quite easily post-WotLK; this included finding normal amounts of Cobalt.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanto View Post
    Not quite sure what you mean. Following the guide on WoW-Professions.com I was able to level mining quite easily post-WotLK; this included finding normal amounts of Cobalt.
    I can't find normal amounts now, it's just very rare to see it atm for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    Why did they feel the need to reduce the amount of nodes spammed to near non existent?

Its always been that Howling Fjord and Grizzly Hlls had a significantly larger amount of cobalt nodes compared to any other cobalt zone. Fly around there, its what ive been doing for my miners.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

I can't find normal amounts now, it's just very rare to see it atm for me.
    Where are you looking? I was out there gathering and got 2 stacks in a short time.

15+ Year Old Account
    I found Zul'drak better than borean/fjord for cobalt but it might just be me.

Quote Originally Posted by Slirith View Post
    I found Zul'drak better than borean/fjord for cobalt but it might just be me.
    I second this, or at least it just seems to me too. The nodes in zul'drak tend to be clustered together instead of a perimeter around the zone. I never actually compared mining rates though.

Deleted
    Meh, found it to be a slight bit better after a while, still not so common anymore.

Totally agree. I've noticed reduced spawns of everything from thorium to elementium. It's even lead me to form a tin foil hat theory that 90% of all node spawns are Ghost Iron Ore in Pandaria

It's just as common as it eve was.....the problem is with CRZ. You have much much more competition for it.

You might want to take a look at Gathermate and gathermate_data, import the data into gathermate ingame then go farm in Howling Fjord
    on my server Cobalt stacks is around 100-150g

im not saying that theres a ton of it but there profit there

Even during wrath I had a hard time farming cobalt, at least compared to other ores.

Saronite I could farm 3-4 times faster, and same with elementium, or ghost iron etc.

They just messed up making the lower level northrend ore harder to farm than the higher level. I felt obsidium was harder to farm than elementium too, which I feel is why there is only one type of ore in pandaria.