PC randomly powering off and not coming back on.

PC is 1 year old and about 2 weeks ago randomly powering off. It might be overheating. Is there any program that can tell me if it is overheating and is reliable?

Also what could I do if the graphics or cpue is overheating? Install a fan to cool it down?

Can give specs if needed?
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Deleted
    Sounds like overheating to me as well. I've used speedfan in the past to solve the issues I had with overheating, it monitors as far as I know everything.

You could for the time beeing open your case to test if you have a bad airflow issue. If that works then I suggest you'd fix the airflow by adding at least 1 fan to blow out the heat from the case.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    if you get freezes also now and then it might be an PSU issue too (ie. not enough power to keep the GPU running).

cleaning up the GPU might help a bit but fan-installation would solve the case - IF its overheating

It could really be overheating....happens quite often

Have you installed any new hardware components recently? It could be an issue that you have enough power to run the computer normally but when certain components kick in it draws too much current which would also make your computer shut down.

(eg: My brother's computer worked fine until his second fan cut in and then it would shut off because his power supply was just a tiny bit too small.)

10+ Year Old Account
    1st clean out the dust build up
    2nd test the psu to ensure proper voltage
    3rd add a fan or 2 to improve airflow
    4th replace case with one that has a display and temp sensors, I.e. NZXT Guardian makes nice one for about $70 on newegg

Removing side panel DOES NOT improve airflow, it reduces it, unless you have house fan blowing across it.
    Last edited by Twest; 2012-10-24 at 05:26 PM.