How come 25man seem to do more DPS on logs than 10man?

Hey!

So I've just joined a 25man guild (from being in a 10man for a long time) and when looking at their logs, Im abit worried about my dps as mine is alot lower than theirs.

Sure they got abit better gear, but it's still a noticable diffrence.

So I started to compare most of the world of logs (10man vs 25man) and it seemst hat 25man is always kinda alot higher than 10man?

Is there any reason for that because I cant seem to find one >.<

More raidbuffs, more Stormlash Totems, more Skull Banners, more buffs that can be fed to a single person(Tricks might be the only one left, but still), more healers that can go DPS so the fights don't last as long, that kind of stuff.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Yea this seems like common sense..

Quote Originally Posted by Stones View Post
    Yea this seems like common sense..
    Yeah but the thing is, most of them dont have alot more banners etc

Comparing these two logs;
    25man: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=1159&e=1540
    10man: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/5...?s=3784&e=4182

The fight is the same time, and the dps is a huuuge diffrence.
    Last edited by Kimpan; 2012-10-23 at 06:36 PM.

Deleted
    its all true!

Also, people who raid 25man are just more awesome. So naturally they do more DPS since they are better at the game.

More raid CDs, more buffs. Extra DPS means things die faster, increasing CD up-times, which in turn increases DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by klank View Post
    Also, people who raid 25man are just more awesome. So naturally they do more DPS since they are better at the game.
    I actually laughed. Thanks.

I can't tell if this thread is serious or not.

Even after blizzard redid the buffs/debuffs so that 5 people can practically cover them all, you're still missing out of some from time to time I'm sure.

The 10 man comp in that log HAS every buff. They're just not as good. Stormlash accounts for a grand total of like 1% of the other raid's damage.

Quote Originally Posted by theyanger View Post
    The 10 man comp in that log HAS every buff. They're just not as good. Stormlash accounts for a grand total of like 1% of the other raid's damage.
    Ait, so take abit closer look;
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=1159&e=1540 - dmg done by the mage in the 25man
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/5...?s=3784&e=4182 - dmg done by the mage in the 10man

We got almost equal amout of spells casted (same amount of pyros, fireballs etc) - Still he somehow does 25k more dps and 1 mille more dmg done. How?
    Is it the gear diffrence between us or? (There is a small gear diffrence).

- No this is not a troll thread. I havent raided 25man for a year+ and Im abit curious if its my game play i have to improve or if its just gear / raid size thats the trick -

All of his abilities hit for way more damage than yours and he got more pyroblast crits. His bomb uptime was better than yours. His combustions are bigger. He only cast scorch 5 times instead of 28 which means he didn't have to move as much.

The first thing that jumps out is that you're using Incanter's and he's using Evocate. I'm not a mage, but you're right that number of casts are similar, and gear alone won't account for the vastly larger average hits he's getting. This is part of critically looking at logs and it's good that you're on the right track there. You'll notice he scorches a lot less, and gets similar pyros but less of everything else (Probably because he's channelling evocate and effectively has a lot less time on target because of it). Effectively, even though the boss kill times are similar, his number of casts are actually over 40 less seconds total since he evocates 8 times. He actually is casting vastly more pyros than you in a much shorter timespan, and way less fireballs because of the combination. Take that for what you will, like I said I'm not a mage but those are basic facts I can see in a log.

Quote Originally Posted by theyanger View Post
    The first thing that jumps out is that you're using Incanter's and he's using Evocate. I'm not a mage, but you're right that number of casts are similar, and gear alone won't account for the vastly larger average hits he's getting. This is part of critically looking at logs and it's good that you're on the right track there. You'll notice he scorches a lot less, and gets similar pyros but less of everything else (Probably because he's channelling evocate and effectively has a lot less time on target because of it). Effectively, even though the boss kill times are similar, his number of casts are actually over 40 less seconds total since he evocates 8 times. He actually is casting vastly more pyros than you in a much shorter timespan, and way less fireballs because of the combination. Take that for what you will, like I said I'm not a mage but those are basic facts I can see in a log.

Alright, then I have gotten my answer.

Their raid is overall better then my old one.

Uptime on bomb is meh as they are not getting as many ecipator (earthquake thigny prob. due to better stun / shielding :P)

So I gotta improve my playstyle abit and I shouldnt worry all that much I suppose as he got about 1000 more crit rating then me :P
    DOing more scorch due to bad placement and raid playing diffrently.

He cast 91 Fireballs to your 90, but the fight was 17 seconds shorter. So he's doing a little better in that regard. But the big difference is that he hit way harder than you did per cast. His Fireballs did 10k more per cast than yours did.

He also used a potion. You didn't. That's part of it. But he's also 6 item levels above you and using better enchants (Jade Spirit). Some of the damage is undoubtedly coming from that.

A mage could give you a much better comparison, but this is my reading.