Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    Hopefully they nerf shockwave next.
    Why not just remove the ability altogether and save some time, since the trend seems to be to nerf abilities into uselessness?

Quote Originally Posted by Tserak View Post
    Gag order was mandatory glyph for arena PVP imo. Without it we're back to our pathetic excuse for a spell reflect and it getting juked and us getting globalled by casters. Yes other melee also get globalled but every other melee have much more reliable ways of negative such events.
    You said it yourself. Gag Order doesn't meet the dev goal of glyphs being optional.

---------- Post added 2012-10-23 at 07:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kankipappa View Post
    However I would keep the heroic throw silence and delete the blanket pummel one. Why? Because warriors are utterly useless while rooted, so heroic throw is your only weapon outside stormbolt to tease on casters while they tbag on me.
    I'm a warlock who agrees with this. Heroic Throw wasn't broken. Solution: Heroic Throw applies a silence innately; make Gag Order work for Pummel only, on non-player targets.

Warriors still need a tool to stop a ranged burst. Spamming Pummel for 20-25% silence uptime... not so much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceveda View Post
    Are you retarded? How will this make pvp even more broken, atleast a warrior can be polymorphed etc now.
    This glyph was a no-brainer, stupid and mandatory. Blanket silences & Instant CC is what's breaking PvP, and the burst ofc. I'm a warrior and I'm happy this is useless now. You have 2x charge, 2x reflect, fear pummel & shockwave against casters, isn't that enough? You guys are clueless.
    Are you retarded? because it doesn't fix the problem, sure maybe blankets are pretty stupid but that is why they should CHANGE the glyph and not remove it. Sit in roots/nova/etc and just take damage is fine yeah? kk. Reflect is easily counterable by casting 1 non high damage spell before hand which any non shit caster will do. 2x charge IF you use double time which not everyone uses.. same for reflect, pummel requires you not to get juked which is easier said than done against good casters (although the blanket is stupid) and shockwave can be trinketed the first time and for the second time you might be dead (but ye shockwave cd should probably be increased to 30 seconds).

BURST is the problem, so no changes to that make huge sense obviously.
    Last edited by TJ; 2012-10-23 at 11:14 PM.

Gooooooooood. Let the hate flow through you!

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they don't break the class again for pvp before they realize what the actual problem is (CD stacking).
    "You're messing with my zen thing, man!"

Glyph of Gag order made warrior burst really hard to manage, tbh though i thought they would just remove the pummel silence component from the glyph, but this is fine as well, we still have a good amount of CC and ways to lock down casters.

Besides, warriors weakness is supposed to be casters (with a couple exceptions), our niche is against other melee, if you really hate casters play a DK.

It isnt warrior burst that really is the problem, sure it could maybe use some tweaking, but its how well our CC and burst synergised together, they can nerf one or the other, and blizzard chose to nerf our CC.
    Last edited by Vojka; 2012-10-23 at 11:55 PM.

Deleted
    I'd take restriction of using avatar together with recklessness/skull banner over this change any day ;/
    (recklesness and skull banner however need to be used together since on it's own skull banner is meh)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morghie View Post
    I'd take restriction of using avatar together with recklessness/skull banner over this change any day ;/
    (recklesness and skull banner however need to be used together since on it's own skull banner is meh)
    That isn't the way the class is designed though. If you guys want more to play a melee class that's based around utility, you should all be playing Rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalmasca1 View Post
    Heroic Throw wasn't broken. Solution: Heroic Throw applies a silence innately; make Gag Order work for Pummel only, on non-player targets.
    Too many interrupts is still too many interrupts. With Shockwave, Pummel, Charge, and Throw, you could probably lock down a caster for 8-10 seconds without too much trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Morghie View Post
    This would make sense; and honestly if they did this I'd be okay with a bit of back and forth on Heroic Throw. Maybe Heroic Throw Silences/interrupts if you're 20 yards away from your target. Or maybe it Silences and has a 1 min CD.

10+ Year Old Account
    That isn't the way the class is designed though. If you guys want more to play a melee class that's based around utility, you should all be playing Rogues.
    So the class is designed to do 1000% of normal damage while cooldowns are up?

Nice logic bro.

No, anti cooldown stacking changes would be the only GOOD solution to this classes problem.

Also, even without cooldowns a warrior does more damage than my rogue with dance up. You have absolutely no right to complain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    So the class is designed to do 1000% of normal damage while cooldowns are up?

Nice logic bro.

No, anti cooldown stacking changes would be the only GOOD solution to this classes problem.

Also, even without cooldowns a warrior does more damage than my rogue with dance up. You have absolutely no right to complain.
    There's nothing wrong with some classes having cooldown stacking. I do think some classes should also have bigger sustained over others at the cost of being squishy or loss of utility.

Rogue Burst is actually good on TR. I'm not sure what game you're playing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rogue Burst is actually good on TR. I'm not sure what game you're playing.
    It's mediocre, and after that it's 3 minutes of waiting before you can go mediocre again.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymitylol View Post
    I agree, warriors just got extremely skilled from Cata->MoP and their 20% representation in arena and being on every team in the top 100 on multiple BG's just shows that the rest of the playerbase just isn't as skilled as warriors are.
    Beat me to it. >.>

In all seriousness, I'm glad warriors are worth playing, but they're simply too strong right now. This nerf is justified.

Are these nerfs all based on arms? What about fury ?

Deleted
    Yes, blizz could nerf CD stacking (and they probably will) but imo it's the right choice to give players some control back first.
    Look at the BM hunter changes, they follow the same pattern. Wrath breaks CC once, you can counter the big red kitties of death now by using an aoe-fear/root/snare. Smart hunters will wait for an opportunity where you can't react anymore – so will warriors. You can still pummel, you just can't rush your opponent down without him even blinking (healing, shielding…) once.

I hate warriors as much as the next guy but even I don't think this nerf was needed. ALTHOUGH, this does provide warriors with more of a choice on the last tier. if you so desperately want that ranged interrupt, take storm bolt. i don't know anyone that uses storm bolt right now so at least in 5.1 it'll look a lot more attractive.
    Last edited by Dispirit; 2012-10-24 at 01:05 AM.

Deleted
    Now just fix hunters and there might be a reason to come back to pvp

Quote Originally Posted by Hiya View Post
    If thats all the nerf, I am still very happy. Just pray they dont nerf us anymore
    This sums up how I feel. I really always forgot about my gag order glyph when PvPing (doing random BGs and 2s for the lols). I just hope this is the only nerf we receive, anything else and it'll start to be Cata all over again.

---------- Post added 2012-10-23 at 06:40 PM ----------

And also, I do think we need a nerf or two, we are pretty OP atm (coming from somebody who's played a warrior since they started playing the game in 2007)
    I am not Voting Trump because I support him, its about keeping a Career Criminal out of office that mishandles classified information.
    Beta males can cry on how I will not vote for their brood mother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Have you even considered the perspective of the 'violent' muslims?

Quote Originally Posted by Venaliter View Post
    Too many interrupts is still too many interrupts. With Shockwave, Pummel, Charge, and Throw, you could probably lock down a caster for 8-10 seconds without too much trouble.
    Couple things here: 1) The warrior has to catch a cast on Pummel to stop the spell. Good players can juke it. 2) Heroic Throw doesn't keep you in place like Charge/Shockwave. You can still run away if they're trying to kill you. However, Heroic Throw would need to be a 1 min cd again, I agree.

If they're trying to kill your teammate and have chosen to spend all that CC on you, then your teammates should be free to peel in that window of time or able to kite the warrior.

---------- Post added 2012-10-23 at 10:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dispirit View Post
    I hate warriors as much as the next guy but even I don't think this nerf was needed. ALTHOUGH, this does provide warriors with more of a choice on the last tier. if you so desperately want that ranged interrupt, take storm bolt. i don't know anyone that uses storm bolt right now so at least in 5.1 it'll look a lot more attractive.
    Great point. I think that has probably been grossly overlooked. My one point of contention though, is the major weakness of overlapping with the warrior's stun DRs. Combine that with Avatar's CC snare/root immunity, and I think Storm Bolt is still pretty far behind. Storm Bolt silences maybe? That would blend the desire to have Gag Order on improved-Heroic Throw in a very specific build...[COLOR="red"]
    Last edited by Dalmasca1; 2012-10-24 at 03:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    just remember guys

changes are not final, it's likely many classes are going to be receiving balancing changes as well.