Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's blatantly obvious that the CB nerf has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with any kind of competative PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by pokeadott View Post
    Not really surprising. The bad part is we need too much help to be effective.

1) Irrelevant Damage - 'Wut lulCB one shot gg!' people need a clue. Yes, DS/CB burst is OP (and getting nerfed). But our overall destro damage is really terrible outside of DS/CB - as in completely ignorable terrible. Aff damage is terrible period, that spec is just dead. We need a significant damage delivery rework to become a threat in 3s (all specs). Doubt it's coming.

2) Bad CC - Our CC is just not nearly as good as most other specs classes - every other caster has at least 2 DRs to play with full cc + full root, we only have Fear. This is multiplied by the prevalence of Warriors. Cata isn't the answer.

3) Useless when focused - Not as big a deal because games last for no time, but basically we are killable in a few globals when something has uptime/los on us. We can escape/pop a defensive, but we can't counter pressure. Our passive defense blows and all our damage relies on hard casting. When Rogues get buffed this is going to come into play bigtime.

4) Master of none - Warlocks are no longer great at anything. Need amazing CC/peels/off heals? Bring a mage/druid/spriest. Need reliable burst? Bring a mage/Shadow/Elle. Our 'niches', sustained dmg and dispel protection, are now useless and we're not really caster/tanks anymore either.
    Quoted for truth.

I will burn your soul.

Quote Originally Posted by pokeadott View Post
    Not really surprising. The bad part is we need too much help to be effective.

1) Irrelevant Damage - 'Wut lulCB one shot gg!' people need a clue. Yes, DS/CB burst is OP (and getting nerfed). But our overall destro damage is really terrible outside of DS/CB - as in completely ignorable terrible. Aff damage is terrible period, that spec is just dead. We need a significant damage delivery rework to become a threat in 3s (all specs). Doubt it's coming.

2) Bad CC - Our CC is just not nearly as good as most other specs classes - every other caster has at least 2 DRs to play with full cc + full root, we only have Fear. This is multiplied by the prevalence of Warriors. Cata isn't the answer.

3) Useless when focused - Not as big a deal because games last for no time, but basically we are killable in a few globals when something has uptime/los on us. We can escape/pop a defensive, but we can't counter pressure. Our passive defense blows and all our damage relies on hard casting. When Rogues get buffed this is going to come into play bigtime.

4) Master of none - Warlocks are no longer great at anything. Need amazing CC/peels/off heals? Bring a mage/druid/spriest. Need reliable burst? Bring a mage/Shadow/Elle. Our 'niches', sustained dmg and dispel protection, are now useless and we're not really caster/tanks anymore either.
    I feel that they messed up the warlock when they tried to reinvent it, instead of making it good, they failed and made it good for PvE and complete and utter garbage in PvP. To me it just seems like they thaught "hey, we took models that already exists in the game, and made them into warlock pets, warlocks will be satisfied!".

Anyone that has been playing for a few x-packs have already seen the models used for the so-called "new" demons. But all-in-all i think that is the reason why they havent done anything, they probably dont know wtf to do since they made changes that wont put us in a competitive spot for PvP, and in PvE we arent the top-dogs, so as quoted "Master of none"

Been playing my warlock ever since Vanilla, but for the first time ever, i am considering switching to another class, probably a Warrior, since i want to be a melee and i dont like rogue style gameplay ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I think it's blatantly obvious that the CB nerf has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with any kind of competative PvP.
    It does feel like a "Pandering to the masses"-move.

sad when hunters can kill you by pressing 1 button while cb (whitch can be stopped by stun,knockback,dkgrip,pillarrubbing,warriknockback, mantleoflol,bubble,iceblock,blinkbehindpillar .. oh jeah short list^^) that did mostly around 40% hp dmg .. booh fucking who .. for 1 ember thats nothing

For me it's not just PvP that destro feels lacking in, the PvE side of things feels like it's missing that extra proc or something, all the hard-casting feels painful at times