Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Angry can't find ASUS GeForce GTX 670 DCII TOP anywhere

i've been searching and searching for this vid card but i cant find it available anywhere. what is my best bet? i want this vid card soo bad...
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

Just get a normal Asus 670 DCII and OC it.
    Playing since 2007.

Indeed. There's no need for the TOP version. The normal ones overclock to TOP speeds just fine.

Buy a video card that will run everything, and use the rest of the money you would spend to save whales or somethin...
    "DPS is science, healing is art, tanking is strategy."

Quote Originally Posted by Nab View Post
    Just get a normal Asus 670 DCII and OC it.
    Agree with this, the difference between the ASUS DirectCUII Top and reference is around 10% and for the normal gamer you will not notice a difference. I still have my GTX 580 and the only reason I haven't gotten a 670 is because I can still max out current gen games.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...w,3217-11.html

Edit: I've heard good things about overclocking the Gigabyte GeForce GTX 670, and in my country is a good $85 cheaper. The regular DCUII is $50 cheaper.
    Last edited by Schmittay; 2012-11-03 at 11:00 AM.

Deleted
    just get an evga one if you are from the states due to warranty ,performance doesn't matter because it is the same.
    (people saying cooler would be an issue get a proper case first because stock one works easy for it)

With my immaculate cable management, moderate performance fans and my arc midi case.. my evga gtx 670 ftw idles at 35c and quickly hits the 70c throttle point while sounding like a jet engine.

While it performs fine otherwise, it runs excessively hot rather quick and sounds ridiculously loud. If you are okay with the heat and the excessive sound with no overclocking in mind, then evga is a great deal with the warranty. Otherwise, I suggest avoiding evga cards at this moment in time.

Deleted
    just make a custom fan profile and 70c is nothing for a gpu when max temps are 115/120c degrees.
    anything below 90 is usually acceptable for gpu temps.

Custom fan profile or not, my temps hit 70c and rise at full load with fan at max. I know the threshold of heat that cards can run at.. but why settle for something that will hit 70c everytime and begin to throttle when you can spend a little more.. get the better cooler. Spend a little more(not necessarily a ton) for the more efficient cooler.

Deleted
    because the thermal differences do not affect the lifetime of the card in any noteworthy period of time (10 years give or take)
    now when heavy custom oc'ing comes in the picture cooling certainly is worth it but in general overrated.

Heat = Higher fan RPM

Faster fan = more noise.

I am not debating thermal differences of this range having any noticeable impact on the life of the GPU. I am pointing out that EVGA cards, from reference to their non-reference FTW/Classified designs, a rather sub-par cooler.

Hell, you can buy a card of equal cost from another major GPU brand, MSI/Gigabyte/ASUS for example, and it will simply perform cooler/quieter at stock clocks. Overclocking options aside, they generate a whole lot less noise at stock then EVGA brand cards.

All I've been pointing out is noise. No one likes it, everyone wants less of it from their computer. EVGA happens to generate more on average compared to equal costing cards from other brands.
    Last edited by BruceG87; 2012-11-03 at 10:16 PM.
    i5-3570k @ 4.6Ghz | Phanteks TC14PE | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Gigabyte GTX 1080 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance
    Asus Xonar Essence STX | Crucial M4 256MB | Seasonic X760 Gold | Silverstone FT02

Asus PG258Q 240Hz 24.5" | Das Keyboard 4 Pro | Logitech G502 | Audiotechnica ATH-AD900X | Blue Yeti

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gootgot View Post
    Buy a video card that will run everything, and use the rest of the money you would spend to save whales or somethin...
    Screw the whales donate to me!

Deleted
    the updated models(670/680) of evga all got those double fan setup or atleast my usual retail site shows those and they are reliable.
    example: http://www.alternate.nl/html/product.../?event=search
    don't see any reason why this would be different from the asus one the OP is looking for if he is that concerned on double fan setup but imo it is overrated.

also if noise is such an issue go custom waterloop not some half assed multiple fan option.
    Last edited by mmoce1d4ab16bc; 2012-11-03 at 10:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BruceG87 View Post
    Etc
    Out of the gate, there's one issue: Heat does not equal higher RPM. It simply doesn't work like that. Higher RPM = Noise = Cooler temperature is more accurate. It's to be decided when the temperatures are cool enough to stop raising the fan RPM.

Beyond that, most of the aftermarket coolers for the 600 series were last I saw not upgrades, but sidegrades. Some had lower noise, but higher temperatures (ironic considering what you said out of the gate, isn't it?). And there are some that have various other differences that affect it.

At the end of it, I'd say the reference coolers are excellent choices, but depending on location this can change hugely too.

Also, Sp3ctre needs to make a thread about his PC, because something's thoroughly wrong with his machine if you ask me. I've yet to see a 600 series card that does what he describes.

Shroudster, the sig2 cards feature double fans. The rest do not.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    etc
    I am Sp3ctre.. well not really but that post was mine. Anyways..

Drunken, You're right about Higher RPM = Noise = Cooler Temperature

However, at least specifically talking about GTX 670 FTW, they run hot. Hot enough where the fan will be more then noticeable during gaming. Sadly, there is little room to work a custom fan profile. At max, the fan is barely enough to stop the temps at around 75c, 70-72 after some massive throttling. This is at the factory overclock, with no tweaking. That being the situation, my temperatures begin to rise accordingly should I reduce my fan speed at all.

I looked into it, and sadly this seems the norm for this card. No overclock headroom, and at factory overclock a hot card running the fan at near max more often then not when gaming, always experiencing throttling.

It's sad that this seems rather normal for this card. It's a solid card with a nice evga warranty behind it. So it's not all bad if you have no plans on overclocking. Otherwise, I'd recommend against EVGA cards right now.

I know this isn't the place for it, so I'll end it there. Perhaps I'll repost a few pics of my build and see if anyone can come up with ideas. Perhaps it is something I overlooked..
    i5-3570k @ 4.6Ghz | Phanteks TC14PE | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Gigabyte GTX 1080 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance
    Asus Xonar Essence STX | Crucial M4 256MB | Seasonic X760 Gold | Silverstone FT02

Asus PG258Q 240Hz 24.5" | Das Keyboard 4 Pro | Logitech G502 | Audiotechnica ATH-AD900X | Blue Yeti

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BruceG87 View Post
    Shroudster, the sig2 cards feature double fans. The rest do not.
    well somehow they guy really wants a 2fan setup hence i linked it and still get the solid evga warranty.
    Do know that in general gpu oc'ing by users isn't that common.
    The evga 670 FTW is also the most overclocked card evga offers it is pushing the limits of what they can offer so no extra manual oc'ing on it doesn't surprise me.
    However when taking a 670 SC suddenly there is possible headroom to oc i to the level of an FTW clocked card.
    also posting from another account, that is just bad in too many ways imo

Quote Originally Posted by Sp3ctre View Post
    With my immaculate cable management, moderate performance fans and my arc midi case.. my evga gtx 670 ftw idles at 35c and quickly hits the 70c throttle point while sounding like a jet engine.

While it performs fine otherwise, it runs excessively hot rather quick and sounds ridiculously loud. If you are okay with the heat and the excessive sound with no overclocking in mind, then evga is a great deal with the warranty. Otherwise, I suggest avoiding evga cards at this moment in time.
    I have two EVGA 670 FTWs in my case (Corsair 800D) and the max they the top card hits is 68c when doing Heaven Benchmark at the maximum settings and resolution. This is with a barely stable overclock as well. While playing WoW, it's normally at max 55c. You should check your case airflow. I love my 670 FTWs

Also, as Shroudster mentioned, EVGA's customer service is fantastic and their RMA service and warranty are one of the best in the business. I wouldn't buy a card from anyone else myself.
    Last edited by Danno; 2012-11-04 at 10:31 AM.