Page 16 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Enhshamanlol View Post
    It was in it last time I looked. But please delete that that's a huge scrolll. Vanish when the adds come out. That came to light me after i did it. But I did say its soloable in this page
    That bit about vanish was all I needed to know... I just didn't think about it. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by _Myth_ View Post
    Excellent thread. =) I recently started soloing BT but i hit a brick wall at the Council. Id like to know from some of the more experienced soloers in this thread if defeating the council is simply a matter of gear or if there is a more specific strategy involved?. Ive seen mention of a Kiting strategy involving Gathios,which i tried,but i fail to see how it helps since Malande still heals him no matter where you are.

Where as in the OP,this fight is listed as easy but with a mention of interrupting heals. Which means focusing on Malande..which in turn makes it a static fight. My question is,which is better or more viable? Kiting Gathios or nuking Malande..or just cleaving them all as combat? My gut tells me that this encounter is a gear check in terms of soloing either way. The way the weapons phase in TK used to be at 85 etc.

Oh,my gear is absolutely terrible aswell btw lol. Fresh 90 with ilvl453. Thats my main problem i know. But im still interested in hearing from players who are soloing this on a weekly basis. Awesome thread either way =)
    Ive been doing a full bt every week since around 478 ilvl. What I do is /focus the healer for kicks but dont melee her so she doesnt get bopped. Other than that i killing spree as soon as i get green insight while they are still together for cleave, then pop arsb and go nuts on the paladin. Evasion, cloak, readiness...kick one heal and win.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just solo'd the Illidari Council for the first time this week as 486 Combat (got both the Offhand Glaive and Cursed Vision on my first Illidan kill, yay RNG!)

1. Build up 5 Combo points then Vanish. Wait for Vanish to reset then have a full duration SnD available right before you open.

2. My first attempt I focused on Lady Malandre (with Blade Flurry up) but ended up running into a brick wall when Gathios started to bubble her. Second attempt I focused on Gathios (again with Blade Flurry) and burned him down easily.

3. Pop SB + AR at the start of the fight, keep Recuperate up, chain your defensive CDs (I do Evasion into Cloak into Bomb into Prep->Evasion) and don't bother moving out of the AOE.

i just solo illidari council as combat 480 with some pvp pieces

blade flurry on, and anticipation talent, just pop SB and AR, i dint even had recuperate on i just spamed sinister revenge then KS then i spamed evis, so easy

Hey all, Im having a little trouble with Gurtogg in BT. I cant seem to burn him down fast enough before the acidic wound debuff stacks to drop. I let them get pretty high before I drop them with CoS. but then I just cant seem to kill him before the stacks come back up. any advice?

Quote Originally Posted by Mintty View Post
    Hey all, Im having a little trouble with Gurtogg in BT. I cant seem to burn him down fast enough before the acidic wound debuff stacks to drop. I let them get pretty high before I drop them with CoS. but then I just cant seem to kill him before the stacks come back up. any advice?
    Sounds like a gear problem, Can you link your armory please?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Mintty/simple

Ended up downing him after many attempts. but you can take a look if you would like anyways
    I did however, get hung up on Illidari council.
    I had absolutely no problem with Reliquary of souls, which is the only "hard" one on the list at the first page.

Quote Originally Posted by Mintty View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Mintty/simple

Ended up downing him after many attempts. but you can take a look if you would like anyways
    I did however, get hung up on Illidari council.
    I had absolutely no problem with Reliquary of souls, which is the only "hard" one on the list at the first page.
    it's a gear problem and RoS isn't hard since the nerf

So,anyone managed to solo Zul'aman yet? Or Halazzi more specificially =) Since the Timeworn Shadowtooth transmog set currently lacks a helm i decided to give him a go for the mask that he drops. At ilvl 473 and in sub spec i managed to nuke him down to second phase before he ripped me apart.

Would love to hear if anyone at higher gear levels has the place on farm,and if so,any advice? =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by _Myth_ View Post
    So,anyone managed to solo Zul'aman yet? Or Halazzi more specificially =) Since the Timeworn Shadowtooth transmog set currently lacks a helm i decided to give him a go for the mask that he drops. At ilvl 473 and in sub spec i managed to nuke him down to second phase before he ripped me apart.
    You can generally assume the dungeons of an old tier are very soloable. Halazzi has about as much health as modern elites (and half that of IoT rares, if I recall?). Use anything but a sub spec - not being behind your target is going to cost you dearly in DPS. Combat if you need extra healing (you shouldn't) and assassination for extra DPS (suffers the least from being in front, current top DPS spec for single target, especially at lower gear levels). DPS Halazzi the entire time; interrupt/move HIM out of water totems as needed, step back into the totems' range yourself for ridiculous healing. Burn him, and loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Mugajak View Post
    You can generally assume the dungeons of an old tier are very soloable. Halazzi has about as much health as modern elites (and half that of IoT rares, if I recall?). Use anything but a sub spec - not being behind your target is going to cost you dearly in DPS. Combat if you need extra healing (you shouldn't) and assassination for extra DPS (suffers the least from being in front, current top DPS spec for single target, especially at lower gear levels). DPS Halazzi the entire time; interrupt/move HIM out of water totems as needed, step back into the totems' range yourself for ridiculous healing. Burn him, and loot.
    Pretty much this. But trash still does hit pretty hard last time I tryed and that was around 505 item lvl. I might go in later this weekend if I have time and see what changed

Thanks for the replies. =) Im just looking to solo Halazzi for the time being tbh,its easy to stealth to him and the little waves of lynx that spawn on the path up to him are managable with evasion on CD i found. Next time i have some time off work im going to head back and give him another go with the suggestions Mugajak gave in mind. I have a feeling my ilvl is still too low for it..but ah,thats the fun of soloing =)

Also thanks for previous replies with regards to my questions about the Illidari Council aswell. I went back recently with some better gear and switched to combat for cleave and i managed to get them down to 10% before having to vanish. Almost there. =)

Oh Fyi. Warbringers ARE soloable. I'll edit this post with a video in a little.
    http://youtu.be/nfuutk_znak
    Last edited by Enhshamanlol; 2013-04-01 at 09:50 AM.

just soloed sartharion 25+3, the biggest issue was tenebron who hit me for 60k and 120k crit, so i had to glyph cloak, evasion and talent combat readlines

Quote Originally Posted by Feindy View Post
    just soloed sartharion 25+3, the biggest issue was tenebron who hit me for 60k and 120k crit, so i had to glyph cloak, evasion and talent combat readlines

Yeah. It's pretty easy to solo now with a t15

Did you give Halazzi a go Enshamlol,by any chance? Just wondering =) Ive been trying him for the last hour and i think at my current gear level,he is impossible (ilvl 476). Id imagine its highly doable with better gear though. The biggest problem i found during his first phase is that trying to position yourself on the edge of the water totem,while keeping him out of it,is an absolute pain since he generally stands on top of you if you move.

However,i found it possible to get him in that sweet spot by disabling run and basically walk-tanking him to the edge of the totems effect. But that produced a new problem,since he eventually drops another totem..usually next to himself..which screws everything up. At least for me at the moment,since he hits me extremely hard and just getting him into a decent position requires use of cd's and maybe some pots.

Having said that,i think someone with 500+ gear could probably set him up at the edge of the totem and burst him down before he drops a second one. Leaving a full range of cd's ready for his second and third phase. Thats my theory anyways.

Of course,at 500+ ilvl he might just be a pushover,guess time will tell =)

Quote Originally Posted by Enhshamanlol View Post
    Oh Fyi. Warbringers ARE soloable. I'll edit this post with a video in a little.
    http://youtu.be/nfuutk_znak
    Good job.
    But it's inefficient, I'd switch my DK to farm it :/

Question Problems soloing alysrazor

Could someone please please help me on this I've become really frustrated. I struggle killing the hatchlin that spawn on the ground before oI start the tornado phase I can't seem to get any any dmg on them they just kill me within seconds I try kiting them to the worms but again my dmg sucks against them I'm playing assassination spec it item level 477.

Any tips please?

Thanks

Deleted
    Hello

I solo'd her on my DK, on my warlock and soon I will do it on my rogue. I can suggest you this method : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UYiVhNTiiA
    You need to survive somehow phase 2/3 without healing from leeching poison but if you got it - you can kill Aly with no prob.

Can you post a armory of your character so that we can check the reforge on your gear?
    If dps output is the issue.

As mentioned. Leeching poison is great for this encounter.

You could also chain pop your def cd's. Evasion/Combat Readiness or Cloak of Shadows(Glyphed) -> Prep Evasion/CoS

You could also try Flasks and buff foods