Thread: Advice...

Advice...

Good day boy and girl rogues of the forum. I am looking for some advice.

Now, I'll be starting WoD in a week or two and looking at boosting a rogue. I started WoW late and now find current leveling a drag, 1-90 seems like a hike, so I am looking to start anew with this new xpac. I just need some advice before I go ahead and jump in.

I won't have an opportunity to start playing for another week or two as I am away from home, thank God, I am not one to be qeueing and lagging and hopefully those issues are fixed by the time I get to log in. Anyhow, I am looking for advice on how to get a head start in the WoD content.

To this end, I have some questions:

1. After the starting quests at the Black/Red Portal is it best to just run into the portal in your terrible greens or should I be looking at farming some Timeless Ilse gear and grind a few SoO LFR before I do so to get some semi decent gear before entering the Portal? Is the green gear you get from the character boost enough to start on WoD content or should I farm for a bit?

2. What is the best spec for leveling? I hear most people saying assassination as it is a nice medium between the energy hungry combat and the more complicated sub. I'm looking at sub and offspecing combat myself. Sub, because it sounds like fun running around and stabbing things in the back like a real assassin and for those moments where I think pvp may be a good idea. Combat, for dungeon runs that require cleave and Killing Spree sounds like a blast.

3. Just a side question; what do you guys reckon would be the best Dungeon Crawling/Raiding spec? I am looking to level through the whole content because I have heard such good things about it but I still love running Dungeons and am looking forward to a taste of end game content. So, which spec do you think will be the best endgame Raiding spec?

Thank for your assistance and enjoy the new expac. See y'all soon

1. Just go through the portal and have fun. It won't be so hard you can't do it.
    2. Check out this site icyveins.com and click on classes. There will be lots of info about how each of the rogue specs play.
    3. Worry about what spec to be once you get to 100 when you get to 100. I suggest trying them all out, so you know what you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalfeeny View Post
    Good day boy and girl rogues of the forum. I am looking for some advice.

Now, I'll be starting WoD in a week or two and looking at boosting a rogue. I started WoW late and now find current leveling a drag, 1-90 seems like a hike, so I am looking to start anew with this new xpac. I just need some advice before I go ahead and jump in.

I won't have an opportunity to start playing for another week or two as I am away from home, thank God, I am not one to be qeueing and lagging and hopefully those issues are fixed by the time I get to log in. Anyhow, I am looking for advice on how to get a head start in the WoD content.

To this end, I have some questions:

1. After the starting quests at the Black/Red Portal is it best to just run into the portal in your terrible greens or should I be looking at farming some Timeless Ilse gear and grind a few SoO LFR before I do so to get some semi decent gear before entering the Portal? Is the green gear you get from the character boost enough to start on WoD content or should I farm for a bit?

2. What is the best spec for leveling? I hear most people saying assassination as it is a nice medium between the energy hungry combat and the more complicated sub. I'm looking at sub and offspecing combat myself. Sub, because it sounds like fun running around and stabbing things in the back like a real assassin and for those moments where I think pvp may be a good idea. Combat, for dungeon runs that require cleave and Killing Spree sounds like a blast.

3. Just a side question; what do you guys reckon would be the best Dungeon Crawling/Raiding spec? I am looking to level through the whole content because I have heard such good things about it but I still love running Dungeons and am looking forward to a taste of end game content. So, which spec do you think will be the best endgame Raiding spec?

Thank for your assistance and enjoy the new expac. See y'all soon

Sub isn't great because backstab is a pain in the ass, combat is very very sluggish with very little energy and combo points to spend on things like recuperate and kidney shot, assassination is great because it gets back a lot of energy from rupture and has passive snd.

Don't forget to use marked for death, it is free 5 combo finisher per mob.