Poll: what is the best expansion in your opinion!

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm surprised to see MOP having so much votes. What's so special in it? Thought TBC would be the clear winner :P

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    I'm surprised to see MOP having so much votes. What's so special in it? Thought TBC would be the clear winner :P
    I think BC will always have a special place in people's hearts because of that epic feeling it gave us from the massive improvements/changes from vanilla. That said if you go back and remember it, and think about the features, amount of stuff to do, variety of things to do, improved mechanics in quests, etc... it just doesn't hold up. It was awesome for the time though.

TBC>WRATH>MOP>>PILE OF SHIT > CATA

Depending if the give the share raid 10/25 to US server, MoP will be > than cata

Deleted
    I like them all for there own reasons, I was thinking to say vanilla but thats because i was lucky enough to be a noob player that was shocked by this new world.
    but yeh they all got there good and bad points so I didnt vote

I'm still debating whether its wotlk or mop but atm mop is ahead, waiting to see how the rest of T14 and 15 go and i'll decide a bit more but atm 40% of people are voting for mop
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)

We're confident the .01% left will be thrilled to attend a post-apocalyptic BlizzCon.

TBC on the purely subjective basis that I had the most fun in the game during that period, but it probably had more to do with who was playing than the actual state of the game.

I voted for TBC.

Everything completely changed when TBC moved into action, and in my opinion, it was the best. It's the only expansion so far that has given me the "OMG YES WE DID IT" when killing a boss my guild took awhile to move past. This alone is the thing I enjoy the most about this game it that feeling.

I like MoP alot, but I don't think there's enough of it out yet to say whether it's the best for me just yet.

Deleted
    I'm genuinely surprised at how many people are voting for MOP. It's still very early days.

I voted for Wrath. I started in earnest back in TBC and if I'm being honest that exp had the funnest raids but wrath was steeped in so much lore and had the brilliance of Ulduar so it always comes out the winner for me. It was a lot of fun and had the most epic feel. Wrathgate was amazing and then storming ICC just made you feel badass.

I think they made a major mistake though by releasing it after TBC. I guess they were following what seemed to be a logical progression of using popular characters from the games as exp villians. First Illidan, then Arthas. But it just seems to me they shot themselves in the foot. I know so many people who quit pretty much after they'd downed the LK. Some had joined with wrath just for that, others were playing from vanilla/tbc until they could take him down.

For many the LK was the big baddie of Warcraft, more so than Kiljaden or Sargeras could ever be.
    Last edited by mmoc30840dbb5e; 2012-10-26 at 02:11 AM.

SO much rose tinted goggles.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's too early to judge how good MoP is it's only been out for a month, when Cata was released everyone thought it was the best expansion. I voted for Wrath since well that's when I started playing and I personally enjoyed it more than Cataclysm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mists > Wrath > BC > Cataclysm > Vanilla

Seriously, Vanilla was nothing special to me. It was way too grindy, 40 man raids were so damn annoying to get together, and quests often-times had you go 5 zones away (with no flying mounts, remember) to do the simplest of quests. The only thing I enjoyed about Vanilla more than any other expac. was that the community was pretty decent.

---------- Post added 2012-10-25 at 10:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Well, what's so special about TBC?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    Everything but Burning Crusade. It was a pile of garbage and nothing was done right. Thank goodness Blizzard moved on from it.

Seriously though, the majority will either choose BC if they were around or Wrath if they started during that expansion.
    You're right, i started in TBC and it was my fav expac. But only because when i was in shatt, sitting in full t5, i knew i was pretty bad ass... but still not as bad ass as those guys chillin in t6. You had to raid lower teir raids to be able to even attempt high teir raids, and i loved that.
    "BC was a hot chick that took alot of work but was rewarding in the end, Cata is the drunk chick that supplied similar results with less effort." -couldnt have said it better.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Give up trying to understand her, women tend to handle problems with emotion rather than logic.

I voted WotLK, why? because as for an EXPANSION- not the changes(cosmetic and mechanics wise) WoTLK did the absolute best about telling the story, being involved with the expansion, knowing who you were killing and why, and for explaining everything. A lot of people said they felt like the LK popped up a little bit to much, then once you fought him it all made sense, was brilliant. I will say however, from the other side of the spectrum, mists is very good so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    I need to abstain from voting because I really can't make up my mind. Wrath was more of a calling to me (the whole Norse heritage thing), and the whole storyline itself just felt effing epic. It really felt like we were biding our time until we took down one of the greatest threats to Azeroth. But on the other hand, MoP has completely changed the game around into something absolutely beautiful and worthwhile. Yeah, there are a few tweaks that still need to be made, but most of them are being addressed in the next patch. I was captivated on launch, and now a month later, I'm still just as captivated by it. For some reason, whenever I'm flying around, it still feels fresh, it still feels new. I haven't gotten that feeling previously with wrath or cata. I guess it has alot to do with the fact that the graphics and art have been updated to such a degree that the zone feels more dynamic.

Anyways, like I said, Wrath or Mists, it's a toss up for me

Ask this same question in 5.3.x and see how the numbers just skew. :P I'm not gonna vote for a favorite, because I never honestly have had one that I enjoyed the most on all fronts.

Deleted
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...pansion-So-Far

See, I'd wait for the polish to wear off a little.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...pansion-of-WoW < A few months later
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...this-over-with! < Once the next expansion is out

At the start of the expansion, people are mostly reviewing the new zones and artwork. At the end, people are looking at the raid patches and generally the amount of new content added
    Last edited by mmoc9f738f0006; 2012-10-26 at 08:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    i started a couple of months before BC and I have to say Wotlk by far

Deleted
    Vanilla but I may be biased cause the game was pretty new to me and I had a long time to discovere its shortcomings. After the "mists of novelty" were dispersed, I'd say Wotlk was best.

We have already had threads like this, without MoP. MoP just started so maybe you should wait till we are at least half way or near the end or when we go into the next expansion.

Anyway, TBC will probably be the best one for me forever.

Deleted
    Started in BC, but for now, MoP is the best expansion. It could be a good idea to re-do this poll in 6 months / 1 year