Poll: what is the best expansion in your opinion!

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    i cant really answer this as i have different preferences concerning different things.

E.G. From the lore point of view i really liked Wrath of the Lichking, while from the raiding aspect i liked BC more and so on...
    If i could just get BC raiding style with WOTLK like lore and pet battles...

Deleted
    I would have to say Cata, had a ton of fun there, mainly due to the people i raided with, WoTLK and BC was good and all, but had the most fun in Cata.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mists of Dailyria
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

While I really am loving Mists I still have to say Wrath was my favorite. It was so great to punch the LK in the face for everything he has done that I dont think any kill will be able to beat it.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    heh... so much for people's theories that everybody who said "We hate Cataclysm" would be now saying "We hate MoP, bring back Cataclysm!" ^_^
    Yup. I remember people saying that would be the case, as if somehow everything was following a predictable pattern, as opposed to.. I don't know, people showing their genuine preference.

Vanilla for own personal reasons, 90% off that being the guild I had back then.

I would pay money of a larger scale just to go back one night and raid again with them.

Edit: So far nothing says anything to me in MOP, and I only liked Cataclysme up to around 4.0.6, and 4.2 Firelands was pretty good.

TBC comes right after vanilla as close as it can get. Didnt care to much for WOTLK, it was okay, but nothing spetacular.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Wotlk ad pandaria are my favorites but I voted wrath.

The feeling of newness and the intrigue of exploring the world in Vanilla can't be matched, so I look at the expansions for what they are. The best of them is Wrath, no contest.

I loved WotLK but this expansion is shaping up to be the best one yet.

For me it's Wrath, but Mists is a close second.

On both expansions the storry is great, the lore is awesome and the zones are just stunning (atleast to me ).

I have to say Wrath of the Lich King.

The whole thing was just great. I recently went back to clear ICC once more and we stood (with the 3 of us) right before the Lich King himself... and still the whole thing is very impressive.

[I hope we get to get the LK outfit someday, just wow]

Vanilla was the best for the time it was released. It also cattered to me more, being hard, having big raids, and different themes each major patch. 9/10.

MoP would come in second as of now, it sort of redefines WoW again, I'm really enjoying myself thus far. The lore is also finally enjoyable again, I guess it's because they aren't fucking up old character for once, they're building new ones. 8/10.

TBC and Cata shares the third spot, they both did some things right, and some things wrong. If Cataclysm had kept the same as it did with 4.0 it would have won this expansion war by a landslide, I stand by that 4.0 was WoW's best time. It all got messed up at 4.1 and on. They fucked up what could have been the best villain ever, and the lack of content combined with nonsense lore puts it down. It did bring us an awesome old world remake and two amazing races. 5/10.
    TBC was just uninteresting for me at some parts because it was themed around Blood Elfs more than anything. It brought two uninteresting races that didn't really fit in, and Outland as a whole was just boring. The dungeon and raid content was top notch though. 5/10.

And in last comes Wotlk. It ruined lore for me, bastardized old favorites like Kel'thuzad, Anub'arak and most importantly The Lich King. Northrend had only one interesting zone, which was Storm Peaks. The Heroics were just too fucking easy. Sure the MoP Heroics are just as easy, but they were quickly over with, in Wotlk the Heroics were more important than all raids except for ICC, which was a mistake that carried over to Cata and ruined it. The lore was fucked over nearly all alone by Tirion. The first tier introduced 2 new bosses, and then a big rehash that was bastardized. Do I need to mention ToC? ICC was okay, but it was just too easy and had a lot of filler bosses, like Marrowgar, Deathbringer and Festergut. Ulduar also suffered from filler bosses, but it had the only interesting lore and environment in the whole expansion. I could keep on bitching about it, but nobody wants to read more of this. 3/10, Ulduar and the Lich King encounter saves it from a minimum score.

I'm judging this all from the time they were released at. Of course Vanilla wouldn't be the victor if it had been released today due to its outdated mechanics and all. Overall I think that MoP is in fact the best WoW has ever been.
    Last edited by wariofan1; 2012-10-26 at 11:14 AM.

Deleted
    here we go again...let the old school veteran vs for wrath baby argument begin!

seriously can we ban people who keep making these threads? we got a dozen of um already?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudebanger View Post
    INB4 someone feels the need to be a special snowflake and chime in "I played during Vanilla and Mists is the best! herpderp"
    Screw you for not allowing me to voice my opinion

In order, best to worst:

MoP
    Cataclysm
    WotLK
    TBC
    Vanilla

It's no coincidence that my list is also in reverse chronological order. The game continually gets better with every single expansion; sure, my best memories are from TBC, but I'm not going to confuse that with the overall quality of the expansion. The mechanics of TBC were pretty awful:

-farming resistance gear and being artifically blocked from progressing past Shahraz because we were unlucky with Hearts of Darkness;
    -dumb attunement implementation and gearing requirements, meaning if 1-2 people dropped out of your raid you were pushed back a tier or two in progression while you replaced those people;
    -most DPS classes being reduced to 1 button spambots in raids, and hybrid DPS being terrible at DPSing by design;
    -at least one boss being completely untankable by one of the tank classes (Illidan couldn't be tanked by druids pre 3.0);
    -being forced into 25 mans to get anywhere in progression;
    -and Zul'aman. Fucking Zul'aman.

WotLK improved on this, got rid of a lot of dumb design decisions but introduced a few more (10/25 split but 25 giving better loot; being able to run 10 and 25 in the same week, and in T9 running the same place 4 times per week, etc.); Cataclysm improved again, but unfortunately we ended on a sub-par raid in an expansion with minimal raiding content in general so it left a bad taste in people's mouths. T11 and T12 though were golden (though there needed to be more of T12).

MoP has improved on this again, giving us an utterly excellent expansion. There are faults, not going to lie, but overall this is definitely the best expansion so far.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    In order, best to worst:

MoP
    Cataclysm
    WotLK
    TBC
    Vanilla

It's no coincidence that my list is also in reverse chronological order. The game continually gets better with every single expansion; sure, my best memories are from TBC, but I'm not going to confuse that with the overall quality of the expansion. The mechanics of TBC were pretty awful:

-farming resistance gear and being artifically blocked from progressing past Shahraz because we were unlucky with Hearts of Darkness;
    -dumb attunement implementation and gearing requirements, meaning if 1-2 people dropped out of your raid you were pushed back a tier or two in progression while you replaced those people;
    -most DPS classes being reduced to 1 button spambots in raids, and hybrid DPS being terrible at DPSing by design;
    -at least one boss being completely untankable by one of the tank classes (Illidan couldn't be tanked by druids pre 3.0);
    -being forced into 25 mans to get anywhere in progression;
    -and Zul'aman. Fucking Zul'aman.

WotLK improved on this, got rid of a lot of dumb design decisions but introduced a few more (10/25 split but 25 giving better loot; being able to run 10 and 25 in the same week, and in T9 running the same place 4 times per week, etc.); Cataclysm improved again, but unfortunately we ended on a sub-par raid in an expansion with minimal raiding content in general so it left a bad taste in people's mouths. T11 and T12 though were golden (though there needed to be more of T12).

MoP has improved on this again, giving us an utterly excellent expansion. There are faults, not going to lie, but overall this is definitely the best expansion so far.
    I honestly enjoyed WOTLK more than Cataclysm. Seperate lockouts and an overall better questing experience as for as the Lore goes.

TBC wasn't that fun in my eyes, maybe it's because I was new, but having to form groups manually for them to fail because majority of the community sucked just WASN'T fun. Finished all content on a PSERVER too back in TBC days.. so didn't really miss any content.

MoP is currently my favourite expansion thus far, but I would REALLY like separate lockouts to make an appearance >_>..

vanilla and TBC gained the most subs.

People vote MoP just to support blizzard. I mean, even if this expansion which as nothing to do with warcraft is so good, it only has a fraction of the content TBC had. Blizz is super lazy these days.

---------- Post added 2012-10-26 at 12:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Virtuous View Post
    I honestly enjoyed WOTLK more than Cataclysm. Seperate lockouts and an overall better questing experience as for as the Lore goes.

TBC wasn't that fun in my eyes, maybe it's because I was new, but having to form groups manually for them to fail because majority of the community sucked just WASN'T fun. Finished all content on a PSERVER too back in TBC days.. so didn't really miss any content.

MoP is currently my favourite expansion thus far, but I would REALLY like separate lockouts to make an appearance >_>..

How dare you judge TBC by a private server?

Quote Originally Posted by nameuser View Post
    vanilla and TBC gained the most subs.

People vote MoP just to support blizzard. I mean, even if this expansion which as nothing to do with warcraft is so good, it only has a fraction of the content TBC had. Blizz is super lazy these days.
    Nothing to do with Warcraft? A fraction of the content TBC had? Who are you, someone who never played MoP, to say that? Who are you to judge what is real lore?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudebanger View Post
    This. It'll come down to a poll of "when did you start playing"?

Vanilla/BC - Will most likely choose BC.
    Wrath - Likely Wrath.
    Cata/Mists - Likely to choose Mists.

INB4 someone feels the need to be a special snowflake and chime in "I played during Vanilla and Mists is the best! herpderp"
    Funny how you think you protect your faulty argument by saying "INB4". Yes, I started playing during Vanilla, and I raided during it, TBC, WoLK, Cata and MoP. I do not think Vanilla or TBC was the best period of the game. You're wrong.

I would say Mist of Pandaria, as it is a beautiful land and I like how they are concentrating a little more on the lore then in other expansions.