Is it better to endure or to protect?

There are many points in one's life where they must choose fight or flight, but which is the better alternative? Do you think you should always choose one, or do you think it depends on the situation?

I'm specifically talking about people, and their connections. What, or who do you think is worth fighting for? Do you think the emotional pain of letting go, or holding on is worse? Do you think the regret of tolerance, or the regret of retreat is worse?

None of us can see the future, so we can't know who's going to be there forever. People come and go, but how can we decide who to keep and who to cut? Does family get special clearance, or are they subject to the same removal as everyone else?

When dealing with love, do we chase the one we lust, or do we settle for the one who's always been there? Do we stay with the familiar, or do we embrace the passion? Do you rationalize how it won't work, or take the chance? Are you the one who must be worthy, or do you decide who is worthy of you?

Do you revere your choices, or question your logic?
    If I can't be the sex symbol, then I can definitely be the BITCH

Deleted
    So many questions.....

Who I think it's worth fighting for? I don't know, it really depends on the situation and I'd say the emotional pain is bigger of letting go is worse.

If family gets special clearing? I have a mom, father(that I hate), two brothers(one of 25 and one of 2). Only my mom, my mom is the only person I would fight for to keep a good relationship, she's the only person in my family that I love, also my two grandmas, one more than the other but still.

About love. I choose what I think it's best for me, doesn't matter if the person as always been there or hasn't been. I have my own tastes and I can't choose someone just because that person has always been there for me, and if someone thinks they can get someone by doing stuff like that, should re think, because it's not fair for both.

I rationalize and see if it will work, for me, if it will work for me. I'm not selfish but I want to put myself first when it comes to love, but I guess trying with someone won't hurt.

I'd rather have someone see if I'm worthy or not, but I too myself see if they are worthy of me, as in, if I like her/him or not.