Thread: Black Screen.

Black Screen.

So, I had played LoL fine for the past 2 days. However, for some reason, today my monitor is going completely black and giving me a no signal icon every time I enter a game. I get sound and everything, but the game isn't showing up on my monitor at all. Anyone know anything about this? I have tried looking it up, but cannot find anything.

Ok, that issue sometimes isn't happening, however the game is also freezing, or lagging. The game I was just in, I was waiting for the game to start, went to my spot then nothing happened, the sound was still there but nothing was working, I couldn't move or anything, then I restarted the game reconnected, and after I died I wouldn't respawn. I just sat there dead with my respawn counter on 0.
    Last edited by Thefatness; 2012-11-04 at 02:05 PM.

Deleted
    Have you tried the repair function that is on your LoL folder? You should if you haven't.

You should also make a ticket about this problem. Uninstall and reinstall if needed be, if that doesn't solve the problem, try and download the game on a different computer/laptop and copy everything from that computer/laptop to yours and see how it goes.

The lag problem and that could also be your Internet, so try and see that too.

10+ Year Old Account
    definitely do a repair as majad suggested. It sounds like something is horribly wrong.

I had some weird fps issues happen to me a long time ago, so I decided to reinstall. When I took LoL off my comp, it has around 1.5 gigs. When I reinstalled it, it went up to 3 gigs or so. I'm not really sure how my game was working when it was missing half the files, but it certainly got fixed with the reinstallation.

I cannot seem to find the repair option anywhere.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thefatness View Post
    I cannot seem to find the repair option anywhere.
    Meh, I can't find it. *.*

Hold on, I'm searching.

Got it. Open your LoL client, and before you click "Play", there's an icon on the top right part of the screen, click the one that is to the left, then hit Repair.

http://i.imgur.com/RnN4N.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/9Vk1T.jpg
    Last edited by mmoc58a2a4b64e; 2012-11-04 at 06:11 PM.

I am having the exact same troubles, but mine is kinda like this: Enter game, black screen for 15-30 sec after 5-10 min. Get message stating "your graphic card stopped responding." Next time is after 10 min, this time screen stays black and i have to manually restart.

Have tried reinstalled the client, but to no avail and the game is working perfectly fine on my gaming laptop.

Will try to repair, but yea, really annoying that i can't game on this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exroyal View Post
    I am having the exact same troubles, but mine is kinda like this: Enter game, black screen for 15-30 sec after 5-10 min. Get message stating "your graphic card stopped responding." Next time is after 10 min, this time screen stays black and i have to manually restart.

Have tried reinstalled the client, but to no avail and the game is working perfectly fine on my gaming laptop.

Will try to repair, but yea, really annoying that i can't game on this.
    Have you updated your graphics card driver? I don't know if the repairing the LoL client will fix graphics card issues.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Isrozzis View Post
    Have you updated your graphics card driver? I don't know if the repairing the LoL client will fix graphics card issues.
    It won't if it's a graphics card problem.

If it is, you'll need to buy one, sadly. If you don't know what to buy, or if you don't know if it's broken or not, go to the Computer Forums and ask there for help.

Quote Originally Posted by Isrozzis View Post
    Yes, updated to the newest, i'm guessing i have to buy a new graphic card, but then i'll have to buy a new power supply and etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exroyal View Post
    Yes, updated to the newest, i'm guessing i have to buy a new graphic card, but then i'll have to buy a new power supply and etc.
    if it is a graphics card related issue, you may want to ask the computer forum, as they will be much more help than we will be. Too bad repairing didn't work.