Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    First war.

Next.
    Alliance was created after the First War.

Quote Originally Posted by namelessone View Post
    I'm okay to let alliance win as long as they stop whining about faction imbalance.
    Lol, yeah because people playing Horde (false sense of pride makes me laugh) never whinge over this?

Obviously the game story shouldn't be decided by players wanting to be on the winning side, but as far as I can see there's quite a lot of those playing toons within the Horde these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    horde always loses wars? should try a battleground mate :P
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    And Goblins
    Except Goblins are cool and are better liked.

Deleted
    Actually the Horde has won most of their wars against the alliance and they will just get a new warchief.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by This Guy View Post
    Actually the Horde has won most of their wars against the alliance and they will just get a new warchief.
    Which war exactly did the Horde win?

No, the First War was against the Kingdom of Azeroth/Stormwind.

well, if the alliance vs the horde was a book or a movie or anything, the alliance would win because the bad guys never win. if your argument is the horde aren't evil or, the alliance are evil... every war has the good side and the bad side, regardless of the "bad" the good side does, they're still good. of course, with thrall and the burning legion it showed how good they can be, but that's not what the horde is, they lived beside the draenei for a long time and they didn't need war. though with garrosh, you can't get more evil and thus, you lose. of course, what's going to happen is garrosh dies and then there's a stalemate where the alliance leaves and says "let this be a warning". then the burning legion comes, and we all hold hands again.

I wouldn't say they win the war, if in the end they're all kind of working together to take out garrosh.

Quote Originally Posted by Falrinn View Post
    By the time the Siege of Orgrimmar rolls around, the forces Garrosh actually commands may bare only a vague resemblance to what the Horde traditionally looks like, since all the other Horde leaders will be among the ranks of the rebellion. If my theories are correct, instead of regular Horde troops we'll be fighting Blackrock Orcs, various beasts, maybe some Mogu, Ogres, etc. when we lay siege to Orgrimmar.
    Actually, I think it will be all of the young orcs that idolized Garrosh since the campaign in Northrend. No one says that the factions need to be equal and a massive orc die off means that we will have a less traditionally orcish horde.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds more like a cease fire. Then after Garrosh is gone they press resume. The "War" will never really end.

The only way I could see it really working is if the rebels choose to fight under Varian's command and in return he lets the horde continue to exist under the rebel's leadership.

Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    Actually, I think it will be all of the young orcs that idolized Garrosh since the campaign in Northrend. No one says that the factions need to be equal and a massive orc die off means that we will have a less traditionally orcish horde.
    While I won't say there isn't going to be at least some hardcore loyalists, primarily among the Orcs (and even more specifically, the Kor'kron), I think it's best there isn't a massive blow to the Orcish population.

Things don't have to be (and in all honesty should not be) symmetrical across factions, but it's best if we don't have a situation where one faction is clearly far, far more powerful then the other. Not only does it make the Horde/Alliance conflict even less believable, but it also means that the weaker faction has to play second fiddle when it comes to fighting mutual threats.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Falrinn View Post
    Not only does it make the Horde/Alliance conflict even less believable, but it also means that the weaker faction has to play second fiddle when it comes to fighting mutual threats.
    Who says there will even be conflict between the two?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by steveyboy View Post
    When Garrosh gets dethroned does this mean the alliance wins?

How is this fair? Horde are always losing wars.

Edit: I said win the war. Not the battle. Theramore was a battle. Last time I checked alliance didn't surrender and the war was over. Orcs lost the war in warcraft 2 and got put in camps and seems like its happening again.
    You mean how the Horde dethrones their crazy leader and the Alliance gets to help?

Please, unless you play Alliance playing the martyr doesn't suit you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it counts as a loss for either faction. I'm assuming that the part of the horde that splits off is the player side, so dethroning Garrosh is a win for the horde too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Which war exactly did the Horde win?

No, the First War was against the Kingdom of Azeroth/Stormwind.
    And the First war was the orcs vs humans only. whats your point.

Realistically, the war starts out being Horde vs Alliance and ends up being Garrosh's Orcs and armies vs Alliance, Trolls, Undead, Tauren, Blood Elves, and probably Goblins.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    You mean except when we beat the nazi's?
    Sorry but we beat the nazis and now our foreign policy revolves around Israel,which may lead to WW3.Not much of a win in my opinion

10+ Year Old Account
    Kind of yes, kind of no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostbyrn View Post
    Sorry but we beat the nazis and now our foreign policy revolves around Israel,which may lead to WW3.Not much of a win in my opinion
    urm, sorry, but when the argument is one side being evil, and the other side beating it, then yes, the nazi party was evil, the was a most bastard inhumane campaign from the last century, and there was nothing good from it.
    #boycottchina

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorticough View Post
    Except Goblins are cool and are better liked.
    Amen to that.