The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account

Difficulties in WoW

I just thought of this idea, probably been thought of a few others. But it's based on leveling in a different mode.

Let's say we got these:

Casual - 100% Experience gained. 100% of normal stats. No restrictions. - No Achievement.
    Normal - 80% Experience gained. 80% of normal stats. Experience Bonuses Restricted. - Achievement Rewarded.
    Hard - 50% Experience gained. 50% of normal stats. Experience Bonuses Restricted. - Achievement Rewarded. -

We've many times heard that if you want it harder, just don't use leveling gear. But why should we if we're not awarded? Award us with a title, a achievement or just a feat of strength so the casuals cannot whine over it being too hard. That way no one is forced doing so, but yet if you do, you recieve benefits such as titles/feat of strength. The stats reduction being ignored against PvP.

I just miss the time where it took some effort and time to level up, I mean the game has really gotten better, but the thing that is missing is the leveling road. I feel it's really missing. With this I bet more people will try doing this. Make the rewards better, something as avaible transmog items w/e, you name it.

Just give you opinion about it. Want to hear

inb4
    OP is a noob
    don't use leveling gear
    etc

(Of course the values I used are just some random numbers.

All this would do is make it longer to level up. Why should achievements/titles/whatever go out for just taking longer to level? You put the stupid "inb4" comment on there, but it seems like that's just to deflect the very valid criticism this idea. If you want a challenge, invent one for yourself. Do you really want a harder experience, or just something arbitrary that you can just wave over other players heads because they didn't waste their time on some artificial inflation of the difficulty?

The only leveling routes worthy of an achievement are the Ironman or Pacifist. Since you clearly haven't done those routes, you really have no business trying to put "casuals" down for leveling... The reward for leveling is leveling up.

I think levelling is face roll boring and can't wait for this type of system to get removed from future MMOs. Make the difficulty limit the access to areas not an artificial level system.

Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    OP is a noob. Don't use boa, guild perks, etc.
    Leveling till 80 is extremely fast even without BoAs and guild perks and with minimum rested bonus.