fire mage - stop cast/cast inferno blast macro?

is there a benefit to using this say when u are heating up?

10+ Year Old Account
    if you're not standing in fairly melee range then there's no reason to i think , just complete your current cast and then do it , i think a stop casting for combustion may be more important

From what i noticed, there is a delay after finishing a cast till it hits, no matter of distance.

Quote Originally Posted by datrupimp View Post
    is there a benefit to using this say when u are heating up?
    Nope. Just cast your fireball and right after press inferno blast

Quote Originally Posted by Emberess View Post
    if you're not standing in fairly melee range then there's no reason to i think , just complete your current cast and then do it , i think a stop casting for combustion may be more important
    I think it may depend on your latency (though mine is usually ~90) but for me personally, even standing directly on some mobs, I've had no problem finishing my fireball, hitting inferno blast and getting my hot streak.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Stopping a cast midway to cast Inferno Blast would count as dps loss so it is not worth using.

Even when standing in mellee range, the game should still register the infernoblast first. So just make sure you mash that button and don't queue to many spells at once.

I use a stop casting macro for Inferno Blast and Pyro mainly because I use scorch instead of fireball and moving or jumping won't stop the scorch cast. It helps quite a bit trying to get those double crits. It is probably a dps loss in a perfect scenario, but it's not for me since I don't have to wait to see if I get a proc or not while mashing the scorch button.

Probably not the pro strat, but it makes it much easier for me

You don't need to move and cancel the cast to inferno blast though, it will still work if the cast completes.
    And using Scorch as filler is a massive loss of DPS over using Fireball...
    You don't need one for Pyroblast either.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    You don't need to move and cancel the cast to inferno blast though, it will still work if the cast completes.
    And using Scorch as filler is a massive loss of DPS over using Fireball...
    You don't need one for Pyroblast either.
    It's not really that far behind. You can fish for crits a lot more with Scorch, plus you can run around and jump the whole time without ever having to stop to cast anything except Flamestrike/Blizzard. More mobile and fun. Try it out.

I will try it without the stopcast macro though and see. thx
    Last edited by Lance Icestrong; 2012-10-29 at 05:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lance Icestrong View Post
    It's not really that far behind. You can fish for crits a lot more with Scorch, plus you can run around and jump the whole time without ever having to stop to cast anything except Flamestrike/Blizzard. More mobile and fun. Try it out.

I will try it without the stopcast macro though and see. thx
    Good luck fishing crits when your fireball crit rate is above 45% and scorch is barely 30%..

That said scorch vs fireball aint a huge difference damage wise, both deal abysmally low damage compared to pyroblast

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    Good luck fishing crits when your fireball crit rate is above 45% and scorch is barely 30%..

That said scorch vs fireball aint a huge difference damage wise, both deal abysmally low damage compared to pyroblast
    Scorch is on critical mass, I'm not seeing where the crit difference is. That said, it's NOT on pyromaniac, so you're losing out on a fair bit of damage on top of the actual spell differences.

Unless you're casting in melee range you should have plenty of time after casting a Fireball AFTER the Fireball that triggered Heating Up to land Inferno Blast before the second Fireball lands.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

EVEN if you cast in melee range you still have 0.75s to register your second crit and not lose "Heating up". Look up blue message some time month ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    Scorch is on critical mass, I'm not seeing where the crit difference is. That said, it's NOT on pyromaniac, so you're losing out on a fair bit of damage on top of the actual spell differences.
    mm messing up critical mass and pyromaniac, but ye its enough to make a difference

Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post
    EVEN if you cast in melee range you still have 0.75s to register your second crit and not lose "Heating up". Look up blue message some time month ago.
    If you have high latency, such as Oceanic, then the stopcasting macro is almost necessary. We did some calculations and worked out that that most people would have between 0.1 and 0.3 seconds margin of error for queueing IB before the next FB is locked in. This is not a large amount of time so the slightest hesitation and the Heating Up is just lost.

To make matters wors, during Hero, this entirely disappears. It is not possible for me to queue an IB after a Heating Up while under Hero. It is one of the more irritating new mechanics as Fire for players that do not sit on -100 ping.

Deleted
    So much miss information in this post.

First of all the 0.75s is max travel time.

Cancel delay timer on HU is 0.5s. This means that even if you land a non crit but follow up with a crit within 0.5s you still get HS. And you should always have IB in queue after fireball when you get HU. This should NEVER* require a stop macro.

*I dont know much about latency but judging by Vaengence calculations of 0.1-0.3s you are safely within the 0.5s cancel delay timer, and is properly the reason it got raised from 0.25.

*The only thing that can screw this a bit is if you have Hero active and are standing at range nuking as the travel time will cause the proc of HU to show after having completed one FB + have one FB in cast. When standing at X range(im not quite sure when this starts. but 5-10yard+) were you get into troubles with already having the 2end fireball in cast when HU procs, it is a dps loss to stopcast IB, you should continue doing FB
    HOWEVER standing in melee range while under hero will NOT cause you problems as you get the HU almost immediately.
    Last edited by mmocd79892434a; 2012-10-30 at 09:31 AM.

Scorch as a filler is always a DPS loss, but it sims only slightly behind fireball filler when there is no Pyro dot on the boss.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhorin View Post
    Scorch as a filler is always a DPS loss, but it sims only slightly behind fireball filler when there is no Pyro dot on the boss.
    and hardcast pyro is better DPET than fireball when there is no pyro dot. so scorch should only be used to fish on stuff like elegon.