15+ Year Old Account

Sublety - viable as non dagger?

I know that I could have tried it myself, but since I am at work I wanted to ask here if anyone have had experience with sublety as a non-dagger user?

Spamming Hemorrhage would probably be too silly, so I guess its something like Hemo->SnS->SnD->Rupture if theres time->repeat ?

Deleted
    No.
    Hemo, Backstab, and Ambush all only dish out their full damage if daggers are equipped. Using heavy weapons wouldn't make up for the lost damage from specials and poison applications. Why would you even consider the option?

Also, what is "SnS"? I'm not familiar with that abbreviation.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sinister Strike.

Meh. Seems like combat is the only mode for me now. TBC sub-swording were fun

Deleted
    Can't confirm it since I just don't have the option of getting a 3rd Subtlety spec, but I'm pretty sure Subtlety doesn't even have Sinister Strike anymore. That's one of the problems with this idea, on top of what has already been mentioned about the damage loss.

15+ Year Old Account
    Combat can just be a little dull from time to time.

IMO the whole class feels dull these days : /

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Henako View Post
    I agree. My change from Assasination to Combat changed alot for me. But now I wish it was possible to go good old non-dagger sub again.

at TBC daggers were not viable at all. Now they changed it so you should only use daggers as a rogue -.-

Plus our energy is a completely joke. I mean in 2012 our class is build up upon auto attacks? Wtf?

Quote Originally Posted by Henako View Post

Yep, It's so much fun tho.jk

Also, Backstab requires a MH dagger.

Better question: Is sub viable period? Haven't seen any actual numbers showing it not substantially behind the other two on any fight so far. Also, unlike combat/assassination where a weapon can cause one to pass the other, if you have the required weapon(s) for sub you have it for assassination.

@OP
    Hemo replaces SS which is the accepted abbreviation of Sinister Strike since vanilla. Even if you had SS still, you would never use it over hemo as sub.