Wink Processor/cpu / cpu fan help i5 3570k

Have a custom build here,

Running a i5 3570k processor with stock cooler and stock settings.

When my computer turns on there is a loud fan nouse, i thought it was my GPU at first(but it is my cpu fan), once the computer gets past POST the noise decreases to normal.
    This happens every boot up.

Also when i turn my computer off there is sometimes often a loud noise, (like a power surge? i guess, isnt actually a power surge though)
    I thought this was my PSU, however after replacing, still the same,
    The noise i hear is from the turtlebeach (don't use speakers) plugged into the usb 3 port, whats causing the noise? Processor? or the Turtlebeach / usb 3 port.

Either way, my computer seems to be pretty stable, should i be worried about the fan speed up on POST / then goes normal, and should i be worried about the nosie when i turn my computer off? it actually is pretty loud.

Fan is probably just starting at 100% and then adjusting down once the system is up and running.

My speakers/headphones make a sound but it's just them losing power. It's normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezeria View Post
    Fan is probably just starting at 100% and then adjusting down once the system is up and running.
    This. Just the fan booting at 100% and then adjusting to the correct speed. It can be a little scary if you don't know what's happening, we have a particular server at work that sounds like a jet airplane taking off when you boot it.

It is totally normal.

It's likely the GPU-fan, spinning at 100% in reverse to clear potential dust.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    It's likely the GPU-fan, spinning at 100% in reverse to clear potential dust.
    Are you sure the stock Intel fans use this mechanism? I know MSI cards do. As far as I can tell the Intel stock coolers merely spin at full speed during the initial boot sequence.

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Are you sure the stock Intel fans use this mechanism? I know MSI cards do. As far as I can tell the Intel stock coolers merely spin at full speed during the initial boot sequence.
    Intel doesn't make GPUs.

Deleted
    think he was aiming at fan mechanism regardless of it being a cpu/gpu

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Didn't use stock intel fan for a loooong time but I remember they did yes start at 4k~ish RPM and went down to 1.6~ish once I was able to check it in windows. (was on a p45 mobo and a Q9400 though)
    Last edited by Confined; 2012-10-30 at 09:07 PM.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rning/advanced
    i5-3570k @ 4.4ghz - R9-280X @ 1150Mhz on stock voltage - 8GB of DDR3 Ram @ 1866Mhz

Intel doesn't make GPUs.
    Not at all they don't. IGP + the upcoming Xeon phicoprocessor. http://content.hwigroup.net/images/news/XPhiCard.jpg

That card is based on x86 architecture with 50 pentium cores but is meant for hardware acceleration tasks. Don't even try to say that this isn't an GPU because it doesn't support directx. It's just a different architecture than nvidia & amd.

@Topicstarted, the motherboard decides how fast your fan would run. Some motherboards are not having that "instablow boost speed & later decreasing" so it varies. My asus p8z68-v pro does it as well with an intel stock fan when I used it a long time ago.

But I don't see the problem at all and an cpu can't make noise.

Well my PC produces like 90dba noise when it starts up and later it's around 24dba..

I still say it's the GPU-fan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Faithh View Post
    Not at all they don't. IGP + the upcoming Xeon phicoprocessor. http://content.hwigroup.net/images/news/XPhiCard.jpg

That card is based on x86 architecture with 50 pentium cores but is meant for hardware acceleration tasks. Don't even try to say that this isn't an GPU because it doesn't support directx. It's just a different architecture than nvidia & amd.
    GPGPU-device, no video outputs. Integrated is not a graphics processing unit, if it's on-die. Either way, that's off-topic.

I still say it's the GPU-fan.GPGPU-device, no video outputs. Integrated is not a graphics processing unit, if it's on-die. Either way, that's off-topic.
    Uhhhhhhh? Integrated not a graphics processing unit?

Why isn't a graphics processing unit or either GPU because it's integrated in the CPU. "Card" means that the GPU is on another pcb..

You only have two types of graphics card. Discrete & Integrated..

Do you know how a GPU looks like?

That's a GPU, a card is a PCB.

Why are you still trying to say it's the GPU-fan while he was sure about that it wasn't coming from the GPU. The GPU boostshitfan only lasts like 5seconds but he is having it longer which is obvious it's not coming from the gpu.

AMD cards are starting to make noise like a jet when booting up, with my nvidia gtx680 I never had that. He might have a nvidia so.

I've even attested that when I was using the intel stock fan on my Asus p8z68-v pro gen3 that it was turbooooooooooobooosting the fanspeed in the begin on the stockfan.

It just depends which motherboard you have or either to be more precisely how your bios is handling it. I had motherboards who weren't turboboosting the fans at the boot. That's just all complety software steered.

With my H100 which has a 3pin wire fan connected to my motherboard to just ONLY read the pumpspeed (no it doesn't get its power from the mobo) is even doing that turbooooboost on fans. The fans are connected to my pump and the fans are being controlled by the pcb inside the block of the unit but once I use non PWM fans it doesn't do that turboboostfans shit.
    Last edited by Faithh; 2012-10-30 at 11:46 PM.

The stock coolers on intel chips are terrible and ivy bridge runs hot as hell! Buy an aftermarket cooler for sure and the OC the life out of it
    Does Warlock Stuffz

It's either the gpu or cpu fan shooting to 100% then slowly backing down to normal levels.

Hard to say which one though. Have you thought about getting a better cpu cooler?

Quote Originally Posted by TwentyTwelve View Post
    Have a custom build here,

Running a i5 3570k processor with stock cooler and stock settings.

When my computer turns on there is a loud fan nouse, i thought it was my GPU at first(but it is my cpu fan), once the computer gets past POST the noise decreases to normal.
    This happens every boot up.

Also when i turn my computer off there is sometimes often a loud noise, (like a power surge? i guess, isnt actually a power surge though)
    I thought this was my PSU, however after replacing, still the same,
    The noise i hear is from the turtlebeach (don't use speakers) plugged into the usb 3 port, whats causing the noise? Processor? or the Turtlebeach / usb 3 port.

Either way, my computer seems to be pretty stable, should i be worried about the fan speed up on POST / then goes normal, and should i be worried about the nosie when i turn my computer off? it actually is pretty loud.
    This happened primarily to my 460, it would SPAM up to 100% then throttle back, its nothing to worry about unless it doesnt throttle back, I can nearly assure you that the sound is a GPU fan even the smallest current stock Intel cooler has a fan to large to make that vacuum hiss that can creep you out, nor does the intel stock fan have a maximum setting that can create that much noise. Not to say that it isnt loud @ 100% but it is not the same sound as a 40-80mm fan going 2500rpm or more.

Cheers for all the replies, althought i did state it is not my GPU creating the noise, should have been more clear i guess;

- Without any Graphic card, the noise still happens, so it has to be the CPU Fan, i'm not that worried, was just curious if this was a major problem, i'm more worried about the noise i hear when i turn my computer off, that sounds like a (ASSUMING) power surge.

EDIT: the i5 isn't getting to hot either, the max temp i have EVER seen the i5 on is 61C, and this was quite a hot day / i constantly play wow, youtube, skype and such all at once, and sometimes (which is when the 55-61C temps come) dual log wow, both on ultra.
    normally my i5 is 40-52C playing wow on ultra with my other tasks, which is far from worrying.
    Last edited by TwentyTwelve; 2012-10-31 at 06:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bismark666 View Post
    The stock coolers on intel chips are terrible and ivy bridge runs hot as hell! Buy an aftermarket cooler for sure and the OC the life out of it
    Funny, my i5-3570k doesn't hit over 53C @ 4.2Ghz on Stock cooling on load. True I could do better, but to say it "terrible" is stretching.
    It's like....
    "Driving the Toyota Camary @ 65mph to work everyday is not very good or quick!, says the NASCAR race car driver"
    Fanboy (Fanboi):
    1. A term used towards someone when a person disagrees with the said someone on a subject, person, place, thing, company, or product line and they are not smart enough to debate their counterpoints or facts, so they resort to childish name calling in hopes of shaming others into silence and thus them winning through dominance.* 2. A term used as a taunt/peer pressure technique to shape popular opinion through shame and humiliation.