Page 1 of 3
LastLast

GC on Rogues in PvP (Watercooler 31/10/12)

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We think that Rogue damage in PvP is appropriate—the damage that some other classes are dealing is too high, and we want to adjust those cases before we do any tinkering elsewhere. We still like the Rogue suite of tools and abilities, but we feel like some of these mechanics might have been eclipsed by newer, shinier versions. We are looking at improving Rogue mobility and control in conservative ways.
    Thoughts?

Source: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/blog/6415071
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Spoken like a true mage.

Deleted
    I agree, if a rogue is played well they can kill you in a smokebomb, and they will obviously be one of the good classes once the rest of them are nerfed.
    Just sucks that most of the damage is done passively from auto attacks, bleeds and poisons :/

Quote Originally Posted by zykaz View Post
    I agree, if a rogue is played well they can kill you in a smokebomb, and they will obviously be one of the good classes once the rest of them are nerfed.
    Just sucks that most of the damage is done passively from auto attacks, bleeds and poisons :/
    So much of our damage is passive, in order for us to play well, the other players have to be playing badly.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    So much of our damage is passive, in order for us to play well, the other players have to be playing badly.
    This is exactly what i think aswell. You must simply master rogue as class to be competitive to other classes. But when u hit some very good player playing... well pretty much random class but rogue, u will get stomped. I hope that nerfing others will bring some balance for us.

Deleted
    I getting more and more hope for the expansion all the time but when it it come to rogues I just get heartbroken those few times we are mention

Well...my view as an amateur PvP Rogue is that Sub control is good but damage outside Dance bad. Assassination damage good but control less good (no extra stuns/silences from Dance).

If they buff our control across all specs then Assassination will be more viable in arena. However, Sub damage does need a buff. Hemo and Backstab do not hit hard.

However, some buffs are better than none. Maybe we will get Prep and Step back, or double Bomb (although maybe that is dreaming - reduced CD on Blind is all we have been given so far in patch notes).

10+ Year Old Account
    Another indication of a team of developers totally out of touch with their community.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Deleted
    My urge to reroll suddenly intensified... Jesus, how thick can these people be!?

Our damage with cooldowns is certainly good, but I can't be the only one having trouble out dpsing second wind with no cooldowns up can I? In fact I think our damage on non plate might even be just fine without cd's, but hitting a warrior without cd's and second wind going seems fairly futile.

Speaking of warriors, their fear is a 1 min cd right? And they nerfed blind back to 1.5? Am I missing something? Both are undispellable, they have the same duration, theirs is AE and ours has a tiny bit of range, but we get a 50% longer cooldown on ours still? Granted its better than 3 min.
    Last edited by Sesshou; 2012-10-31 at 06:04 PM.

GC should be fired and someone whos not favorizing other classes should be hired thats my opinion to this
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

Deleted
    I think we had blind nerfed back to 1.5 min becouse it would be too much godlike in challenge modes where rogue is actualy good (only place where i love to be one).

Deleted
    Blizzard said:

We think that Rogue damage in PvP is appropriate—the damage that some other classes are dealing is too high

Awesome sentence to begin with regarding rogue by commenting on other classes' damage, only points out the intelligence behind blizzard developers. Regardless, the main issues behind rogue these days are

(FROM AN ASSASSINATION ROGUE'S PERSPECTIVE)

1.) Energy regen at least that is what I have encountered so far. Since the nerf behind venomous wounds it been a joke with energy regen and stacking haste? If in my pvp gear I have 10,27 energy per second then with +3386 haste (PVE trinket proc) I get up to 11,02 energy per second. And I would love to see any rogue who is stacking haste for pvp anyway.

2.) Damage - abilities like envenom or dispatch ( in my eyes the alternate version of "execute-like" ability), very pitiful. Since vanilla rogue has always been about smaller crits but fast hitting finished off by some big eviscerate/envenom crit. But these days? Go and see how much you crit on a pvp geared person. It is really not funny watching auto-attack damage and poisons ticking away.

3.) Mobility - well since the unification of talents I have been quite happy with shadowstep but it is true that being slowed down by ass-grabbing totems, stuns from god knows what, frost nova-ed it is hard to keep with an enemy but possible if you know what you are doing. And honestly? Reducing cost of Burst of Speed with this energy regen? 4sec immunity to movement impairing effects at the expense of half the energy pool with shitty energy regen. Nice joke.

4.) Mastery - I enjoy assassination rogue tremendously, but considering in Cataclysm I had +110% poison damage increase through mastery and now I can barely get above 66% ?

5.) Stealth - well considering rogue is built around stealth? Maybe blizzard should focus on tuning out stealth. Cases like priests standing in the middle of the map using Halo and revealing everything in I am milllion yards away. Vanishing with CLoS and still getting dots from DK anyway, things like that.

With regards.

Quote Originally Posted by xkitty View Post
    4.) Mastery - I enjoy assassination rogue tremendously, but considering in Cataclysm I had +110% poison damage increase through mastery and now I can barely get above 66% ?
    110% Maybe towards the end of Cata, yeah. You're never going to have the same stat percentage at the beginning of an expansion compared to the old expansion, its always going to be crap. It's just the way scaling works at the launch of expansions.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe the Dev BS to English Translation is: "See you next Expansion."
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Deleted
    Rio: Doubtful it will change as the season progresses, its an educated guess but mastery wont really go up by 20-30% with epic pvp gear.

---------- Post added 2012-10-31 at 08:01 PM ----------

Also I am not sure now whether mastery is incorporated into envenom as it used to be a poison=nature damage. Now I believe it scales only AP as the formula indicates.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xkitty View Post
    Rio: Doubtful it will change as the season progresses, its an educated guess but mastery wont really go up by 20-30% with epic pvp gear. Also I am not sure now whether mastery is incorporated into envenom as it used to be a poison=nature damage. Now I believe it scales only AP as the formula indicates.
    Poison IS nature damage and always has been. Outside of that, the question isn't whether we'll hit 110% in T14N, but whether or not we'll hit 110% in T16H/equivalent season. Give it a year and a half...

To add to this

"Quick clarification: some rogue mechanics were "eclipsed by newer/shinier versions"? Other class' versions? Confusing wording."

"Yeah. Many rogue abilities cost resources or have long cooldowns. Newer versions for other classes often free, instant, short."
    https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...83478502125570

But after that beta and this ptr so far I won't be holding my breath.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    To add to this

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...83478502125570

But after that beta and this ptr so far I won't be holding my breath.
    he forgot to add how half of the monk's cooldowns are straight-up improved versions of similar rogue cooldowns.