Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather Blizzard didn't bust their balls trying to give WoW a complete overhaul. I'd much rather they funnel a large proportion of my subscription dollars into designing and building something totally new, i.e. their undisclosed "Titan" project.**

I still enjoy Warcraft (especially this new MOP expansion, it's very well done, some of their best work yet), but having played for just over seven years now, it is getting a bit long in the tooth. The game has aged remarkably well, but it's not as if it's going to last forever, that's totally unrealistic.

** Disclaimer: I of course have no idea whether Titan is in fact going to be totally new and awesome. I'm just hoping that it might be. **

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by brickerz View Post
    If I buy a basketball, is it reasonable for me to expect to be drafted into the NBA and play like Michael Jordan without putting in any of the effort?
    No but I think you would be able to play basketball with it yes? Or is it only worth playing basketball in the NBA?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by superdooper View Post
    Just because you buy super mario bros, does it mean you get to see the whole game? No. Only good players will be able to.

Your money is to play the game - not to be given anything you want.

I really worry about the next generation of kids.....gimme gimme gimme....
    This is horribly ironic. Super Mario Bros was one of the first game to have hard mode in it once you beat it on normal.

Actually, I don't think the game needs a reboot.

Honestly, I just want a new game. A game with a good company behind it like Blizzard but that is new and fresh, that is updated and modern. Many of the things that kept me playing wow have lately become boring to me. I have always loved making gold but recently even that has become boring. I have 300k gold. I hardly ever spend any. I have no need to make more, the fun of gathering and selling stuff is gone. The newness of MoP wore off fast for me, it was all kill X of gather Y and then back to LFR and raids.

I hate daily quests so I will now log on once or twice a week to raid until my account runs out. I doubt I will buy the next expansion unless they add something really different and new. More of the same will not keep me happy anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    choo choo to zone, watch out
    Oh how I remember those days. /shivers

I personally would not like a reboot. Maybe I would feel differently if I were still a hardcore raider like I was back in Vanilla, but these days I just roll with the flow of things.
    Last edited by Honeyprime; 2012-10-31 at 09:42 PM.
    Karma always has the last laugh.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    No but I think you would be able to play basketball with it yes? Or is it only worth playing basketball in the NBA?
    Exactly, you're capable of playing with it. You won't be able to experience every possibility that basketball could lead to, but you can still play with it. In the same vein, you can still play WoW, you might not experience every possibility and every zone, but you can still play it. I'm glad we agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Loci View Post
    But, let me tell you something: I've I was a casual player, I want to see the content. I pay for it, like everyone else...and I am a casual player, because I didn't want to spend my freetime fully for playing WoW and forget the real life or other stuff I would do.
    And that's the awesome thing. All the knowledge is out there and at your disposal to see all the content right now. So have at it.

The fact that you want to put less effort in than the hundreds / thousands of others who do is your problem, not blizzards.

@OP

Having also played WoW for 7 years (since patch 1.6), I mostly agree with your sentiments. While the game has had some very nice QoL improvements, much of the challenge is now gone; basically WoW is now for "softies".

The most glaring example of this is, as Raenas says, dungeon pulls. There was a time when you actually had to THINK about what you were doing with a pull. Now, any mindless band of muppets can blow through a dungeon with their eyes closed and their ears filled with glue.

What would I like to see in a reboot?

1. Remove self-healing from non-magical classes, and make First Aid a more powerful HoT which isn't affected by movement or damage. Add a boost to non-magical classes to receive more effective healing from First Aid.

2. Dungeons which require brains. Auto-applying the gear normalisation of Challenge Mode would keep dungeons challenging while allowing you to pick up gear for Heroics. Once you meet the minimum gear level, you enter Heroics where the same thing applies. After that, you raid. Either way, the Normal and Heroic dungeons remain challenging.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    And that's the awesome thing. All the knowledge is out there and at your disposal to see all the content right now. So have at it.

The fact that you want to put less effort in than the hundreds / thousands of others who do is your problem, not blizzards.
    But Blizzard has designed it so that he can see the content. You're the one who's mad that he pays to play a Blizzard game and Blizzard designs the game so he can play it how he wants.

Your comment makes as much sense as saying "if you want to play a MMO without the trinity that's your problem, not Arenanet's."

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just because you buy super mario bros, does it mean you get to see the whole game? No. Only good players will be able to.

I don't pay a continuous sub on super mario brothers do I?

---------- Post added 2012-10-31 at 06:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by brickerz View Post
    Exactly, you're capable of playing with it. You won't be able to experience every possibility that basketball could lead to, but you can still play with it. In the same vein, you can still play WoW, you might not experience every possibility and every zone, but you can still play it. I'm glad we agree.
    Are you trying to say playing WoW leads to something else? Is there some pro league that we could get paid to play on? I don't see where you are trying to go with this.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    But Blizzard has designed it so that he can see the content. You're the one who's mad that he pays to play a Blizzard game and Blizzard designs the game so he can play it how he wants.

Your comment makes as much sense as saying "if you want to play a MMO without the trinity that's your problem, not Arenanet's."
    I'm not mad at anything. I'm not particularly concerned with what others have, or don't have. I fully realize that I almost certainly will NOT see bleeding edge content in this game because I don't put the effort in (I can't even be bothered to adhere to a raid schedule). I realize that, and there's nothing wrong with that.

He's implying that a sub fee is a pass to see all the content with as much, or as little effort as he'd like to put in. Games simply don't work that way, and anyone who thinks otherwise is probably better off saving the sub fee and just watching Twitch feeds.

The majority of this thread is TL;DR for me.

But i tend to agree on alot of the points the OP has raised. do i want a reboot of the game?. not really to be honest. incrimental upgrades of the existing graphics engine would be nice, similar to the water effects change, and the lighting they changed recently.

Im fine with the games graphics the way they are. i can run the WoW client on my 10" Toshiba Netbook (albeit at a marginally playable 25fps) but still, the graphics are left the way they are for a reason...a wider range of specced PCs can run the game.

I do agree with Homogenising the classes, and giving everyone a carebear healing functionality. As a healer, im not the hugest fans of tanks healing themselves for a huge amount when im casting a heal, thereby me wasting my mana/resources when i didnt need to. i dunno, pet peeve. as long as the tank doesnt die, it doesnt matter...but my role is HEALER. if the tank dies it should be solely on MY head, and make me become a better healer, and not relying on a pallies WoG, or Death Knights strikes etc etc.

Number crunching would be good also. i really dont care if i go back to critting for 10k instead of 200k++. a number that is tangible and measurable as you improve makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    I quit playing about a month ago after 7 years of playing, never cancelled account once. For me it was the Homogenization of the game paired with the lost epic feeling. I am sure many really enjoy MOP, so perhaps this thread isn't for you.

I would like to see the following happen in a reboot:

1. keep some of the quality of life aspects in the game currently but in general, many of the milestones for your character should mean something.

2. There should be a tiered raid system (BC) You go as far as you can, not everyone may see the last tier content. No heroic bosses re-hashed. Yeah yeah I know.

3. Homogenization is so in your face now. Everything blends together. A rogue should feel like a rogue, now every class "has" to heal itself.

4. A reboot should include damage normalization. Things are getting way out of hand.

A reboot would include what for you? This isn't a wow hate post. If Blizzard said we want to shake things up next expansion as in everything is on the table for a possible change, what would be the 2-3 things for you that is imperative?

Actually, let's just have everyone name 2 things, just 2 things but they would be the most important for you. Do not complain about the poster's above you regarding their choices. Just focus on what you want to see (2) and why. So if I had to pick 2.

1. Raid tiers - no heroic bosses

2. Re-evaluate the classes - only a healer should be able to heal for example.

***** - See these stars? I have to put this here because people do not read the fucking post and insist that the poster above them is wrong and they are right. This isn't that sort of post so go somewhere else if you do not have the capacity to join in on an adult conversation.
    1, 2, 3 , (5,6) NEVER EVER never..ever..
    6(2nd) ..*slaps across the face* no, I want to be able to help the healers to, guess what sherlock? some classes have always always been able to heal.
    the tiered system go to hell with that.
    4- fine agreed with this, but doesn't need a new game.

Ehh, no -- horrible analogy. What the opening post states is that we should bring back accessibility based on the time one is allowed to waste/day and only hardcores who are free to waste their life on a game while munching crispies should see endgame content.

Everyone could finish Mario at his or her own pace despite being a hardcore gamer, bad gamer or casual skilled gamer.

In short: your analogy was bad and you should feel bad.

Thanks for the awesome sig, Lady Amuno.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    He's implying that a sub fee is a pass to see all the content with as much, or as little effort as he'd like to put in. Games simply don't work that way, and anyone who thinks otherwise is probably better off saving the sub fee and just watching Twitch feeds.
    He's saying that he pays a sub and he thinks he should get to see the content.

Blizzard thinks if you pay a sub and can jump into LFR, you can see the content.

So it appears to me that neither that poster nor Blizzard has a problem here. The only people who have a problem are those who are complaining in this thread about how they want things changed to be more exclusive.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelreth View Post
    Go play on a BC private server.
    Also get off my damn lawn.
    For the topic?
    1. Keep things the way they are
    2. Get rid of old players with rose colored glasses. Wow will never be new and fresh again. Its gone. Get over it.
    I sign this....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelreth View Post
    1. Keep things the way they are
    2. Get rid of old players with rose colored glasses. Wow will never be new and fresh again. Its gone. Get over it.
    Basically this, rose tinted glasses/ nostalgia are one of my biggest pet peeves of all time.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    I don't pay a continuous sub on super mario brothers do I?

---------- Post added 2012-10-31 at 06:32 PM ----------

Are you trying to say playing WoW leads to something else? Is there some pro league that we could get paid to play on? I don't see where you are trying to go with this.
    A basketball is capable of doing a great many things, and people are capable of doing a great many things with it. (harlem globetrotters) What I'm saying is just because you buy a basketball does not entitle you to be able to do those things others have worked countless hours to perfect. The same way buying wow should not entitle to you to be able to do things others have worked countless hours to perfect. It's a problem with the mentally challenged youth, who feel that because they buy something they should be entitled to do everything possible with it, with minimal to no effort.

1) Improved graphics
    2) More realistic breast physics
    jk
    2) Talent trees like Rift.(flexible, tons of viable builds)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    The only people who have a problem are those who are complaining in this thread about how they want things changed to be more exclusive.
    This is one of the underlying themes of all of this: make some stuff so difficult to get to that only a small percentage of people will ever see it. Well, challenge mode dungeons are a start on that. Expanding the concept to raids, old or new, will be another step toward that. It's a rather large to-do about not very much. Basically the second bullet point is the "Give Raiding Back to Raiders" thread stated another way.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."