Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Garkanh View Post
    because there is nothing called cooldowns in this game, i'm sure.

and if you can react to 280k burst in less than 1 second, then you should get an award. but no, you sadly can't, so sorry, but take this old cookie.

and yes, i do know BM got a lot of burst, but nothing near 280k in a 0,5 second cast followed by an instant cast. noone can react to that, especialy not while in a fear, trying to claim otherwise just makes you look stupid.
    You have a trinket, you have an enemy cast bar. If you see him casting chaos bolt you should probably use your trinket and silence him. It's the only thing you have to avoid when fighting a destro lock, if you allowed them to get a chaos bolt off it was your fault, you can feign, silence, deterrence, los etc.

Deleted
    The classic trinket and silence/interupt. While it works of course, but trinket has 2mins cooldown. There is a lot of other shit that needs to be used on it. Also its seems that fear breaks when you reach like 50% health or something. You get insta feared and use trinket and it might still be too late. Not everyone has charge/ranged silence

Protip: When the warlock pops demon soul + on use trinket HE IS ABOUT TO DO LOTS OF DMG. Lock down his next chaos bolt or use CDS. Such a hard concept i know.

Chaos bolt without CDs hits for like 70-80k on a geared target
    Last edited by scmpoe; 2012-10-31 at 11:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    Destro warlocks are a bit out of control.

I got hit with a 225k shadowburn crit the other day, I had around 47% resil. (The lock was well geared and probably had zerking).

I just think their burst needs to be toned down slightly.

you had 17k health, he hit you with an execute, what the hell did you expect
    God and maths? Hmm, the letter to alpha relation would be 7 - 15 - 4. Since it's all one word, it's safe to assume it's multiplication so it'd be 7*15*4=420. So realistically, god is related to cannabis? Perhaps that's what they were expecting you to write.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scmpoe View Post
    Protip: When the warlock pops demon soul + on use trinket HE IS ABOUT TO DO LOTS OF DMG. Lock down his next chaos bolt or use CDS. Such a hard concept i know.

Chaos bolt without CDs hits for like 70-80k on a geared target
    Or just dispell/spellsteal his demon soul and have the warlock suddenly hit half as hard due the insane scaling chaos bolt has with crit...

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    well I didn't know it was an execute. should have done my hw.

apologies.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

silence shot, pet stun, scatter, feign death, flat out range the cast, yup hunters have no way to stop a destro lock from setting up burst, and top it off you can dispel their big number cd: hint when they get big blood red aura fire, hit tranq shot.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moadar View Post
    Shadow priests and warlocks both have a ton of cc, defenses, and damage. They are simply far more powerful than a lot of other classes right now.
    Please tell me which classes have less CC than a Shadowpriest, because I'm pretty sure we're one of the lowest CC specs right now (we're not the lowest, but we're pretty low). Warlocks who dont take castable fear have good CC and they should, but many locks are running around with blood fear - meaning they can't spam fear - which probably puts their actual CC being only marginally more than average, and nothing compared to say - frost mages or warriors.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

While I can't really sympathise with the OP as i have no idea what circumstances he was under or what he was doing.

I will say that destro locks are a perfect example of some really bad design choices on Blizzards part. The fact that a class spends 2-3 minutes building up to massive burst in order to set up kills is really poor gameplay from an arena perspective (warriors, hunters, enhance, ret, rogues also come to mind). Arena has simply become a game of who has the most offensive cooldowns vs defensive cooldowns. I almost can't think of any major offensive cooldowns that were present in TBC (i think maybe paladin wings were implemented in the last patch along with mirror image) aside from bestial wrath which was tied to the worst spec of the worst class.

Specifically on destro locks (although not unique), no class should be able to pull off the kind of damage they do in a single ability. If a class can 'gib' someone in a DR'd fear something is wrong. If it wasn't for warriors having infinite control over locks they would surely be a top tier caster alongside mages (coincidentally mages have the most controlling mechanisms over a warrior). Expect to see the lock numbers rise even after small tweeks like heroic throw silence removal.

roll a warrior and poop on every warlocks face from now till the end of time

also if your a bm hunter trinket the first fear if he gets the drop on u

if u get the drop on him scatter > trap > traq his buffs of and proceed to cause pain ... then blanked silence into deterrence ... i love watching dc be immune makes me lawl so hard

you're doing it wrong, gear up before demanding one of my favorite classes gets nerfed. Oh and don't hunters get a silencing shot? TRY USING THAT.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sivick View Post
    you're doing it wrong, gear up before demanding one of my favorite classes gets nerfed. Oh and don't hunters get a silencing shot? TRY USING THAT.
    If a destro lock is casting chaos bolt at you (3 second cast) a hunter can cast

Silencing Shot - 20 second cooldown, 3 second silence
    Intimidation - 1 minute cooldown, 3 second stun
    Feign Death - 20? second cooldown, target drop
    Disengage - 10? second cooldown, out of range of spell
    Deterrence - 1 minute cooldown, reflects Chaos Bolt/Conflagerate back at the lock
    Freezing Trap - 30? second cooldown, will freeze the lock in place before they finish their cast (and they wont move because they're casting)
    Line of Sight - 0 second cooldown, interrupts cast

If all of the above are already used, they can press Readiness to get these cooldowns back to do it again.

Outside of being stunned or feared, if a hunter ever gets hit by a chaos bolt its because they're doing it wrong.
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2012-11-01 at 04:49 AM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    Destro warlocks are a bit out of control.

I got hit with a 225k shadowburn crit the other day, I had around 47% resil. (The lock was well geared and probably had zerking).

I just think their burst needs to be toned down slightly.

Ability is only usable sub 20% like execute and so it critting for anything more than 50k really doesn't matter.

The other abilities though are a little absurd. I've been getting crit for 180k followed by 130k on my warrior on the PTR with full malevolent gear in defensive stance in duels.

Blah blah warriors OP I know. As it just so happens, any class played moderately well on the PTR is able to push out cd stacked warrior level burst. And WW monks are looking amazing with their sustained rivaling most classes burst.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Gaga View Post
    Let's be honest here. Unless you're a warrior/dk, you are bound to have your hands full with a lock (destro or demo, ofc).
    Locks are easy for me on every single class I play, (Priest, Druid, Mage, DK, Lock (yes, even on my lock, lol)...and even my Rogue finds little difficulty with Locks. even given the arguably poor position Rogues are in currently). I am going to have to use this, even though I dislike it, but...L2P. :P

Quote Originally Posted by SkillOverKill View Post
    If a destro lock is casting chaos bolt at you (3 second cast) a hunter can cast

Silencing Shot - 20 second cooldown, 3 second silence
    Intimidation - 1 minute cooldown, 3 second stun
    Feign Death - 20? second cooldown, target drop
    Disengage - 10? second cooldown, out of range of spell
    Deterrence - 1 minute cooldown, reflects Chaos Bolt/Conflagerate back at the lock
    Freezing Trap - 30? second cooldown, will freeze the lock in place before they finish their cast (and they wont move because they're casting)
    Line of Sight - 0 second cooldown, interrupts cast

If all of the above are already used, they can press Readiness to get these cooldowns back to do it again.

Outside of being stunned or feared, if a hunter ever gets hit by a chaos bolt its because they're doing it wrong.
    Also...^this.
    Last edited by Supernex; 2012-11-01 at 06:44 AM.

I will burn your soul.

Warlocks are a joke. Better than they were in Cataclysm I suppose, but still a joke. I can slaughter them on anything.

Quote Originally Posted by roflmfao View Post
    Wish you were on my server Moadar, I'd love to duel you til we were an even match just for the learning curve. Ele's are beatin my ass lol
    curse of enfeeblement > elementals

This is really funny.
    Locks really arent that great xD
    You have a ton of tools to stop him, and kill him
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Life Lesson #1 - People are terrible.

Don't let it get to you. It'll only spoil your own personal enjoyment if you do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Warlocks are a joke. Better than they were in Cataclysm I suppose, but still a joke. I can slaughter them on anything.
    Warlock pvp is restricted to the arena, where they are far from being a joke. There is a reason why they were the most overpowered class at pvp...ARENA pvp that is, not 1v1.
    Last edited by mmoc213777db2f; 2012-11-01 at 08:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    Locks need some nerfs. No class should be able to hit someone for 50%+ hp in 1 hit. Idc how much ramp up time or how long their cast time is.
    Did you even read the last half of your own post? By your logic they need reworke, not nerfed?
    Let me rephrase what you said. They have a huge ramp time, and super long casts, so the dmg they do with those should be nerfed!
    Its idiotic calls for nerfs like this that really astound me. Completely lrn2play issue

---------- Post added 2012-11-01 at 04:47 AM ----------

Yeah, 4 second silence. It's really gonna hurt a warlock, who can tank like a bawss and then heal himself like a bawss as well.
    Locks aren't mages, that you can faceroll in a silence as a hunter. Your silence does nothing, merely prolongs the .
    Are you trying to tell me that locks are so overpowered that they are going to kill a bm hunter atm? That its inevitable?!

Im sorry but if a hunter is doing it right, and they both have all their cds, the hunter wins.

Pop all cds for insane dmg, fear immunity ect. Not to mention a blanket silence and a stun...as if they live that long

Warlock pvp is restricted to the arena, where they are far from being a joke. There is a reason why they were the most overpowered class at pvp...ARENA pvp that is, not 1v1.
    http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/23...epresentation/

pally kfc is #1 i believe
    Last edited by Myci; 2012-11-01 at 09:03 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Life Lesson #1 - People are terrible.

Don't let it get to you. It'll only spoil your own personal enjoyment if you do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekrosislol View Post
    Warlocks are fine, we are a set up burst class. We have a long ramp up time to do this burst. but when we do this burst it is effective. Why? Because outside of this burst our dmg is below most people.
    You start out with 1 Burning Ember already.... Pop Cooldowns gem for PvP Power and reforge for crit and its a 250k chaos bolt so where is the ramp up time?!