Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just tried him on the PBE, definitely not what I was expecting for an "assassin" character. I'm really not sure what to do with him because his damage just seems to be lacking with his low survivability. Feels like his is supposed to be an assassin but doesn't quite fit so you build him bruiser. I did have terrible shadow use though so maybe once I nail that down he will get much better.

Though that is another thing I have to complain about. For a champ based around his shadow, it has a fairly long cooldown.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually I like his abilities a lot... I may buy him instantly at launch, or buy an old champ
    I didn't buy Renekton and Vlad yet, I'm waiting for IP reduction because I know they will get it soon, they are out since long time and newer champs then them got IP reduced
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Actually he looks damn interesting, energy is quite good resource for champs.
    And DAT SKIN.

Also, he sounds pretty awesome for a mid champ, any thoughts?

Deleted
    He's still in the PBE, he was just released now, so he's obviously shitty.

I haven't played him on the PBE but I do hope he gets more bugged or something. Also, I find it hard to believe why does an assassin has an ability that gives him more energy the larger number of people he hits... That's just, not the concept of an assassin...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    He's still in the PBE, he was just released now, so he's obviously shitty.

I haven't played him on the PBE but I do hope he gets more bugged or something. Also, I find it hard to believe why does an assassin has an ability that gives him more energy the larger number of people he hits... That's just, not the concept of an assassin...
    Shadow cloning guy instantly assassinating more people with Shurikens. That or kicking in the face. Gameplay wise it makes little sense, lorewise he could decimate a group of people in seconds basically.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Shadow cloning guy instantly assassinating more people with Shurikens. That or kicking in the face. Gameplay wise it makes little sense, lorewise he could decimate a group of people in seconds basically.
    Lore wise it does make sense yeah, since both him and Shen were taught the same thing, from what I understanded, what made Zed an assassin was what he found on the box, right? But yeah, lorewise he can pwn everyone with the dash but game wise it doesn't make much sense. :/

Deleted
    Lore wise it does make sense yeah, since both him and Shen were taught the same thing, from what I understanded, what made Zed an assassin was what he found on the box, right? But yeah, lorewise he can pwn everyone with the dash but game wise it doesn't make much sense. :/
    I haven't read his lore. I'm just saying that a fictional non gameplay Zed would probably use his shadow clones to insta assassinate multiple people.

Shadow useage is important for Zed. His shadow strike also reduces the cd of the shadow spawn ability. I think he is gonna go the way of Lee. Listed as an assassin, but not played that way.

The way i figure it. He is an assassin and Shen is a tank. When they trained together, one could never beat the other. Cause neither had enough power to get through the others defenses. Shen being a tank and does small damage to begin with, and Zed not being able to get through Shen's shield. Once he found the box it made him strong enough to overpower Shen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    The way i figure it. He is an assassin and Shen is a tank. When they trained together, one could never beat the other. Cause neither had enough power to get through the others defenses. Shen being a tank and does small damage to begin with, and Zed not being able to get through Shen's shield. Once he found the box it made him strong enough to overpower Shen.
    I understand that, lore wise, it's understandable, but game wise it doesn't make much sense that he has an ability that reduces his cd the more people he hits his dash with, it kinda nullifies the concept of assassin.
    Last edited by mmoc58a2a4b64e; 2012-11-02 at 09:39 PM.

I understand that, lore wise, it's understandable, but game wise it doesn't make much sense that he has an ability that reduces his cd the more people he hits his dash with, it kinda nullifies the concept of assassin.
    No his Shadow Strike, the aoe, reduces the cd of his Shadow. It counts for all enemies he hits. including minions. It get his shadow off cd faster to keep chasing or escape. Like I said, they classify him as an assassin, but I don't think he will be played like one. Like Lee Sin.

Deleted
    another Jumpy assissasin with what seems like a huge load of burst, wow hadnt that in while... a wait, we did!!! I like how riot introduces more and more of that champs, making most of adc and mid caster unplayable. If you got now escape mechanic you are fucked. Pls Riot introduce another support or tank which can pull friendly champs or share damge for a short time... shouldnt be that hard, if they make another rengarkazixdianaelisezed spin off i am gonna scream.

10+ Year Old Account
    After seeing him with videos, it seems he has huge problem as current design, he is built to be bursty champ while his energy stop that massively
    Also his clone is nothing as I hoped, shaco clone is far better in deceiving enemy
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by Lumpi View Post
    another Jumpy assissasin with what seems like a huge load of burst, wow hadnt that in while... a wait, we did!!! I like how riot introduces more and more of that champs, making most of adc and mid caster unplayable. If you got now escape mechanic you are fucked. Pls Riot introduce another support or tank which can pull friendly champs or share damge for a short time... shouldnt be that hard, if they make another rengarkazixdianaelisezed spin off i am gonna scream.
    There's only so much they can do in the terms of damage. A champion can only really be 1 of 3 things. Damage taker, damage dealer, or a mix of the 2. What they need is to give the champions interesting mechanics so they can go beyond the "leap in and deal/take this much damage then retreat".

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    After seeing him with videos, it seems he has huge problem as current design, he is built to be bursty champ while his energy stop that massively
    Also his clone is nothing as I hoped, shaco clone is far better in deceiving enemy
    The result of comparing one champion to another.

The shadow isn't for deceiving the enemy. His shadow is to hurt the enemy. Zed's shadow can do 2 things. Help kill his enemies, or help him escape by leaping walls. There is no "oh look my shadow to make you think it's me while I run" pansy crap. And who is deceived by Shacos clone? lol Wukong's clone gets me more then Shacos. lol

He feels more like a bruiser to me, for sure still needs a little buffs and tweaks in some places.

The shadow's range is a little too short, it's just enough to go through walls but I wouldn't mind it being increased.
    And shurikens could be a little bigger, that little skillshot just doesn't look good with 2 f***g huge shurikens.

Just my thoughts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StNimrod View Post
    He feels more like a bruiser to me, for sure still needs a little buffs and tweaks in some places.
    People also thought Kha'Zix should be built as a bruiser and see how that turned out.

Zed doesn't seem like a bruiser to me, I haven't played him though, I really need too. Also, he's still in the PBE, meaning that his abilities, damage, etc, can change at anytime. Before he his released I'm sure he will do more damage and feel more like an assassin.

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    Probably not because Shaco's clone is his ultimate or anything.

Deleted

Also bumping thread!

So. He's out.

Nobody interested?

Any thoughts?

What are his lanes again?
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

He can top/mid/jungle.

I haven't personally have a good top experience (TEEEMOOOOOOOO), but a awesome jungle experience tho.

If you can have nice damage (brutalizer/BT and maybe a FM for the hp) you can easily burst down an ADC with your ult.

Personally, i think the best would be if you have somebody like Alistar or Taric for stun/knock up so you can easily land a W+E combo. No way in hell you don't force a flash out of this. Jungle PoV ofcourse
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Reminds me of Lord Zedd from Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/06/Zedd2.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Tablemaker
    Yeah. It's funny how they reverse the whole thing. The fact of the matter is... if a customer created a scene in real life like they are in the forums, they would be removed from the store. No ifs, ands or buts about it.

Example: GC works at McDonalds. Some idiots walks up to the counter and asks for a Whopper. GC tells him they do not sell Whoppers. The idiot flips a nut. Calls GC off and throws straws at him. GC asks him to leave.