Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Mop is the best thing to ever happen to wow, and you guys were afraid pandas were going to ruin the fun....

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Although I hate dailies with a passion, I do see blizz's reasons for implementing them. They do make the players "work" towards something in the game instead of just handing it out to them. I, however, do not enjoy doing that. It seems kind of silly to have to complete the same dailies over and over again with the exception of a few minor changes to what you'll be doing in each area of the dailies just in order to get gear you need. Repetition is great when learning new languages, not when playing a game for fun (with the exception of raiding, but you get the point).

I decided I hates dailies, so I stopped doing them. I can still kill heroic bosses and progress, meaning they are not necessary.

Also, yes, I love Mists. For any complaint I would have about it, I find 10 things that I love. I would say that is a damn good ratio :]

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Most people I've seen liking this are people still wearing mostly green gear, around 3-4k achievment points who somehow think that doing dailys each day is actually hard and they earned their epic gear.

Personally I hate dailys, I absolutely despise them and so far looking at both PvP and the daily horror having a lot of twinks are making MoP the worst expansion so far to me.
    i know ten semi-casual players with 12k+ achi points and 470-480ilvl who hate doing dailies who all enjoy this xpac. you don't have to do the dailies. most of us didnt start doing them untill we had raid drops to just run through and smash things and get it over with to get rep for mounts. it's really sad that people refuse to accept that dailies are for people who for whatever reason do not raid/pvp so they have something to do, and for people who collect nerd points/mounts. no one is forcing you to do them. if you want the mounts, then yes you have to do them.

i really fucking hate dailies. i'd just about rather slam my dick in a car door, but i love mounts.
    Last edited by Monoxyde; 2012-11-01 at 07:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nordya View Post
    I hit the point tonight where I am considering what I am doing on this game. Cataclysm scared me off tanking random dungeons because of the jerks, so I started a healing monk, got to 55 and I don't feel like repeating everything I done on my warrior.

It is not helping that no one talks in the guild, it is a small guild but when we are 8 on, no one simply talks, have no friends left that plays that game, so I am seriously wondering why I still bother. The expansion was so-so to me, there was a time it pissed me off to no end in kun-lai summit, where there was a mob every two feet, I thought I was back in swtor with that kind of design. Other zones I had lots of fun following the story. Have barely started the dailies, just too confused about everything.
    Yeah in some areas mobs can swarm you if you aren't careful. If you don't really like dailies but want to get started somewhere I would recommend starting with the the golden lotus faction in the vale of eternal blossoms, and just do those everyday. Sorry to hear about your guild. The guild I am in saw A LOT of members leave in cata. I play at weird times but there are usually 4-10 people on, luckily everyone is talkative without being pushy. Being in a guild you like is a huge factor in how much you enjoy the game.

---------- Post added 2012-11-01 at 04:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Monoxyde View Post
    i know ten semi-casual players with 12k+ achi points and 470-480ilvl who hate doing dailies who all enjoy this xpac. you don't have to do the dailies. most of us didnt start doing them untill we had raid drops to just run through and smash things and get it over with to get rep for mounts. it's really sad that people refuse to accept that dailies are for people who for whatever reason do not raid/pvp so they have something to do, and for people who collect nerd points/mounts. no one is forcing you to do them. if you want the mounts, then yes you have to do them.

also, i hate dailies. fuck them. but i love mounts.
    Well if you are collecting valor and you want to be able to spend it, you kind of need to do some dailies. Luckily you don't need to do a lot to get revered before you cap. Alts will be converting to conquest though, no way I'm doing all those dailies again on my alts.

Quote Originally Posted by jbombard View Post
    Yeah in some areas mobs can swarm you if you aren't careful. If you don't really like dailies but want to get started somewhere I would recommend starting with the the golden lotus faction in the vale of eternal blossoms, and just do those everyday. Sorry to hear about your guild. The guild I am in saw A LOT of members leave in cata. I play at weird times but there are usually 4-10 people on, luckily everyone is talkative without being pushy. Being in a guild you like is a huge factor in how much you enjoy the game.
    For the guild factor, I agree fully with you, I ended up on Exodar after the free transfer for my time is limited in the evening and the queue didn't allow me to log on on Area 52. Since cataclysm I haven't found a single guild I could be comfortable in, which I think is a big factor in the end of why I can't enjoy it.

For the game, it's a catch 22 in my case. My warrior is 90, I started the golden lotus quests, but then I just keep thinking, where am I gong with my warrior? It looks like I won't do dungeons with pugs, so it's useless. Yet when I log on my healing monk and I love healing even in pugs, I look at it and say I don't wnt t re-do all the achievements, so I'm not one that says I hate dailies, I just am wondering where I stand right now with the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't particularly enjoy dailies, but at the same time I don't despise them... if they irked me so greatly, I wouldn't do them. However, I'm doing them for the cosmetic rewards, so perhaps that's a part of it.

It seems this is another rose tinted outcry from the community... they beg for reputations to "mean" something, and when Blizzard returns rep grinds to something akin to the BC "glory days" everyone and their mother then seems to complain about them... just like "hard" heroics.

The only thing I dislike is the lack of "challenge" for people outside of raiding guilds. LFR isn't challenging, heroics aren't challenging, and challenge modes, intended to replace these things "challenge wise," are done most successfully by people in raiding guilds anyway. The only avenue I see to find "challenge" is to ditch the guild I've been in for five years... unfortunate, as "challenging" avenues existed in the past... all that's really left instance-wise is, to me, pablum.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2012-11-01 at 07:56 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by jbombard View Post
    Well if you are collecting valor and you want to be able to spend it, you kind of need to do some dailies. Luckily you don't need to do a lot to get revered before you cap. Alts will be converting to conquest though, no way I'm doing all those dailies again on my alts.
    i never said you didn't. i said you dont NEED those items to raid. if you don't want to do dailies, don't do them. if i didn't care about mounts i sure as hell wouldn't be. having valor capped wouldn't bother me in the least, spent half of cata capped on valor unless a friend had an alt that needed one of the BoE's. out of all of VP rewards, the only one i will likely go purchase as soon as it's available to me is a str tanking back piece. today i raided, and after the raid i thought about dailies for about 30 seconds. said fuck them and did some low lvl randoms for fun. my 463 back piece is doing just fine. now, if you're a super duper hardcore world first raider, you better be doing your dailies. if not, i just cant see what all the fuss is about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Feels like wrath again

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Most people I've seen liking this are people still wearing mostly green gear, around 3-4k achievment points who somehow think that doing dailys each day is actually hard and they earned their epic gear.
    How much fail could one sentence possibly be?

Quote Originally Posted by Nordya View Post
    For the guild factor, I agree fully with you, I ended up on Exodar after the free transfer for my time is limited in the evening and the queue didn't allow me to log on on Area 52. Since cataclysm I haven't found a single guild I could be comfortable in, which I think is a big factor in the end of why I can't enjoy it.

For the game, it's a catch 22 in my case. My warrior is 90, I started the golden lotus quests, but then I just keep thinking, where am I gong with my warrior? It looks like I won't do dungeons with pugs, so it's useless. Yet when I log on my healing monk and I love healing even in pugs, I look at it and say I don't wnt t re-do all the achievements, so I'm not one that says I hate dailies, I just am wondering where I stand right now with the game.
    DPS queues aren't too bad if you don't hate DPSing that is. Many of the achievements are account wide now so there is that if you prefer your monk. Dailies are something to do while you wait for queues as DPS, I don't think I've waited longer than 20 minutes as DPS despite the weird times I play. Too bad you aren't on my server or I'd toss you an invite.

Dailies never gave enough rep but I am almost done with them all so thats whatever now. It does however make me not want to even think about leveling an alt. PVP is in one of the more horrid states ever in a long long time.

Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    Thorium brotherhood did not award gear that is needed in progression.

And I have seen you use this same argument about 50 times today, you seem to only have about 5-6 arguments in the bank for everything and anything.
    You don't realy need valor items to progress either.. I cant say I've progressed all that far (Only 5/6 25m in MSV so far, got Elegon last week), but if I had the valor items it wouldnt be game breaking. You can get all you need to get good enough dps from HCs and LFR.

OT: I realy enjoy MoP, logging in and having something to do everyday. Doing a daily quest hub a day, and just taking it chill. Just got The Tillers to Exalted, was a very relaxing quest hub imho. Working on Golden Lotus now, getting that to revered today I assume. I don't realy see any reason to rush it.
    Doing some casual PvP on the side of PvE is also fun, as long as I queue BGs with a couple of friends to make things easier. After like 10 arena matches I usualy rage quit, not enough balance in this game. Hoping they'll fix it in this expansion Never liked Arena though, last time I did that for real was in TBC.

The raids - they are amazing, we're actually having problems on bosses. I remember in DS, did a full clear on our first try (Had a break in Cata, got back in May or something, found a guild and did a full clear in one night.. lol, didnt get that lovly adrenalinrush from the kills or anything.).
    I've realy missed that adrenalinrush I get, like when we downed Elegon last week after 20-30 wipes or something (Yeah, not the best guild in the world^^ Veeery casual).

And the enviroment, I love flying around looking for rare mobs and just love all the stuff I see. So much to explore!

In my opinion this is the best expansion since TBC, so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

First few weeks at 90 were hectic with rep grinds to exalted and gearing etc but its smoothed out now, getting some time away from dailies to enjoy the other content.

---------- Post added 2012-11-01 at 09:37 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    Mop is the best thing to ever happen to wow, and you guys were afraid pandas were going to ruin the fun....
    I wouldnt go that far, actually TBC was the best thing to happen to WoW. This is pretty good though.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

PvP is too fucked up atm to be enjoyable. Burst is out of control. So i unsubbed.... i got burned out on raiding in the last expansion, and i simply could not be arsed to farm dailys after i got shado-pan revered and got my enchanting recipes.... I guess i am just burned out with WoW. But god i am having a blast with GW2 atm!

I'd say I like dailies.
    I'm too tired atm to pull up my armory and look, but I have something like 15,000 dailies done on my Mage alone, lol.
    I know it's a small number compared to some people I've seen, but it feels like an accomplishment to me.

Deleted
    90 content yes

1-85 no. From any point of view. I don't think I need to say why. If Pandaria becomes like that as well, there will be no such thing as a decent MMO in my book.
    Last edited by mmoc0f233d9eb1; 2012-11-01 at 10:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes I enjoy dailies, because I have fun with my friends

Deleted
    Positive:
    - One continent with nice atmosphere & chilling dudes (lorewise)
    - Best addon for professions since they heavily increased resources and you don't longer need the bots farming stuff and filling the AH
    - Most classes are very enjoyable to play - this time they did a very good job
    - challenge modes are fun!

Negative:
    - Leveling is a pain since they did not bundle their inventions and balance them (Battlegrounds, dungeons, scenarios, groupquesting, soloquesting...) and hence reduced it to soloquesting without an alternative (at last it takes more than double/triple time if you do something else like the only 4 dungeons who are terrible designed for grind).
    - the actual daily quest / rep / charm system excludes altoholics
    - missing 25m raids

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoy it a lot. Probably more than other expansions I have had the pleasure to play.