New "PvP" area in Krasarang

I'm normally not this daft, but can someone explain to me the purpose (other than "to do more dailies!") behind the new "PvP" areas in Krasarang?

Seems to me it's PvE quests for PvE rewards with side currency to perform base upgrades, but I'm not even sure why I should care about those. On my server, Horde controls their side, Alliance controls the other, and we all seem to go about our merry way questing. Where's the motivation to engage in PvP? What would it do/accomplish? I feel like I'm missing something...

Perhaps I'm just a nostalgic simpleton for the old days of Halaa, which had only one daily: kill each other. Did I just totally misunderstood the point of this new area from the get-go?

Thx.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eja216 View Post
    other than "to do more dailies!"

That is the reason....well, there's some story too....but essentially it's another daily hub.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its a daily hub where I get to kill flagged alliance who are trying to kill horde NPC's on my PvE realm.

Needless to say I have been spending most of my free time there. Plus I am very interested to see how the story progresses down there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Grows the storyline for the expansion, lets people who are primarily PvE get their feet wet with a little PvP action, see if they get a taste for it. Also provides you a new source of Valor for gear and upgrades if you've grown weary with the other factions.

Same as Tol Barad.

Doing Dailies in a so called "PvP Zone" rewards PvE stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Same as Tol Barad.
    But at least with Tol Barad (and WG), there was a structured battle every two hours. This seems to be, as far as I've seen and based on the other responses I've received, a "hunt the random flagged Alliance" sort of deal, which doesn't work well for me as a healer. Bummer.

Well if 10 people who have never done PVP decide to give it a go and actually find out they like it then not only have they found something else that they enjoy doing but Blizzard makes sure that 10 people don't leave because they are bored. Sometimes you have to put a PVE carrot out there and dangle it in PVP waters to get people to nibble. You will also notice that there are stickers on riding lawnmowers to not mow your lawn while your infant is crawling in the grass. Unfortunately there are no stickers that say, "If you dont want to be flagged for pvp then don't do things that get you flagged for pvp and you can still get these dailies done."

Depends on how you want to look at it really. To some it is just about PvP or dailies.

But the over-arching theme is that before there were small little recon parties spread through-out Jade Forest and Kun-Lai. But now? Now the 'FLEET' is here in FORCE. Both Alliance and Horde at the same time. We land in the same small area and engage in Combat. And our combat is going to taint the land with even MORE Sha infestation. So while we PvP in Krasarang it only serves to taint the land as we poison it and destroy it.

And at least from the Alliance perspective? It shows the Alliance being tactical and smart on Pandaria...Never falling for Garrosh's obvious traps and evaluating a situation before charging in headfirst like we have in the past. It also shows some character development with Varian

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Offtopic but how is this area in pvp servers? It must be one hell of a time there haha

Ontopic: It's pretty much TB haha

Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    Offtopic but how is this area in pvp servers? It must be one hell of a time there haha

Ontopic: It's pretty much TB haha
    Pretty awful on my server. Alliance control the horde area but the guards and cannons can kill you in 5 seconds if you aren't careful. If you do see a horde, he's usually AFK surrounded by 15 guards.

And our server is a 1.3:1 A:H ratio I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    cannons can kill you in 5 seconds if you aren't careful.
    Is that only if you are flagged? Because on my PvE server when I am trying to kill the priest rare (Which is damn hard to do) The cannons do 'literally' no damage at all. You could sit there and get pelted for 20 minutes and not lose an ounce of health.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have not done any of the new dailies yet, but I abhor PvP, nothing fun about an overgeared "professional" taking out the undergeared beginner. If providing an opportunity to try PvP on PvE servers is the sole purpose, then it is a fail in my view. I have tried it, and it is not my cup of tea!

Quote Originally Posted by Arahir View Post
    I have not done any of the new dailies yet, but I abhor PvP, nothing fun about an overgeared "professional" taking out the undergeared beginner. If providing an opportunity to try PvP on PvE servers is the sole purpose, then it is a fail in my view. I have tried it, and it is not my cup of tea!
    The good news, for you then, is that it does not require you to do anything PvP. At least it hasn't for me, yet. No reason to flag if you don't want to.

Deleted
    Cross realm Krasarang Wilds. Just do it. The rage and the gank fest would be on a biblical level.

Quote Originally Posted by Elysara View Post
    Is that only if you are flagged? Because on my PvE server when I am trying to kill the priest rare (Which is damn hard to do) The cannons do 'literally' no damage at all. You could sit there and get pelted for 20 minutes and not lose an ounce of health.
    not sure. didn't do much exploring, all i know is that i get hit for 55k per second.