Poll: Which of my suggestions do you like?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

10 ways to improve dailies.

So I posted these on the official forums 2 days ago, but they only generated about 5-6 responses (because everyone on the official forums has an attention span of a goldfish and instead likes to post in garbage "HUG A ___" threads instead of ones with good ideas), so I thought I'd post this here.

1: More rep for all dailies: right now, almost all dailies give only 110 to 150 rep per quest. This is WAY too low, especially for how much work some of the dailies are. With only 110-150 rep per quest, some reps will take months to hit. Double the amount of rep gained for ALL reps that give under 200 rep per daily. That will put all dailies at 220-300 rep per quest, which is not unreasonable at all.

2: All Justice/Valor rewards unlocked when ONE rep hits honored: I honestly liked the idea of justice/valor gear only being unlocked when you hit honored, but putting only SOME items unlockable when a certain rep hits honored is dumb. Unlock them when you get ONE rep to honored. The reason people feel ‘forced’ to do dailies is that justice/valor items that are upgrades are only unlockable at honored rep with every faction. (And on that note, please bump up JP items to stats and ilvl of heroic 5-man pieces).

3: Ungate all reps: Gating reputations is dumb. Shado’pan and August Celestials cannot be unlocked until you hit exalted with the Golden Lotus. Ungate all dailies at 90.

4: Add in a way to grind rep in dungeons: I might be in the minority, but I REALLY liked the fact that rep tabards were removed in MoP. What happened in Cataclysm was that people would grab a rep tabard the minute they hit neutral with a rep, and afk Stormwind/Orgrimmar spam queueing dungeons all day to get rep. While I don’t want them implemented for MoP factions, I think there needs to be a way to grind reps in dungeons for MoP factions. Maybe implement something like BC dungeons (specific heroics give rep for a specific faction; i.e Mogu’shan Palace gives Golden Lotus rep, Shado’pan Monestary gives Shado’pan rep). Another idea is to implement some sort of consumable item that, once a day for an hour, allows you to gain rep in a heroic dungeon for a reputation of your choice

5: Add in collectable items that can give rep: There are already a few in game already (Amber Shards for Klaxxi, Onyx eggs for Cloud Serpent Trainers) but I think there needs to be more. Similar to the Netherwing Eggs, there should be at least 3-4 things per rep that help with the grind. Make them rare, hard to find, drops collectable off of any mob, I don’t care how you do it, just add it in.

6: Split-rep dailies: This is a little idea of mine. Going along with idea #1 (increased rep for dailies), I propose the idea of split-rep dailies. An example of how this would work: Instead of getting 250 rep with Golden Lotus for a quest, you could choose to instead get 125 rep for Golden Lotus and 125 rep for another reputation, like Klaxxi or Shado’pan. This would allow for extra grinding for a reputation that you’ve already done all the dailies that are available for the day.

7: Rep awarded for killing mobs: Right now, the only rep that has this is The Black Prince, which gives 10 rep for killing level 90 Yaungol, Mantid, Sha and Mogu. Why not add this in to all Pandaria reps? Give Shado’pan rep for killing level 90 Yaungol and Sha, give Klaxxi rep for killing level 90 Mantid, give Golden Lotus rep for killing Mogu, etc.

8: Dungeon drops that you can turn in for rep: This would be similar to Coilfang Armaments, Sunfury Signets, and Marks of Kiljaden back in BC. Have mobs drop collectable items that can be turned in for rep, and have bosses drop items that start a quest that can be completed for a larger amount of rep.

9: Allow lesser charms of good fortune to be turned in for rep: Right now people have 10+ stacks of these coins just sitting in their inventory. Make a system where these coins can be turned in for rep. Ghostcrawler has said that these coins WILL be spendable (not confirmed if it's for rep or not) in 5.1.

10: Create some 'weekly' quests: Not everyone has time to play everyday. My idea is to create a series of 'weekly' quests, that can be completed up to a certain amount of times per week, instead of per day. For instance, you can complete a certain quest 20 times per week, so if you want to complete the quest 20 times in one day, you can. This would help people whose play times are more random.

Also, bump my thread in the official forums because the people there are moronic: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7004011879#11
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

10+ Year Old Account
    Voted for the rep from mobs. I don't mind the daily quests but having some extra rep while doing them would be nice. I would bump your thread but I am on the EU side.

Deleted
    Great constructive post, copy it over to the official forums : )

Dailies are fine, quit being a bunch of whiny babies and enjoy having something to do.
    I am Dave ! Yognaught, and I have the balls!

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh god, I see someone with good ideas! I like them except for maybe 2 and 3.
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

1 - Actually, the only faction that gives a dumb amount of 100-150 reputation per quest is Golden Lotus. Other factions, such as August Celestials and Shado Pan, gives a nice 300 rep per quest, sometiems more, without counting gains by faction or perks. And really, doing August Celestails, Shado Pan or even Tillers feels a lot less grindy than Golden Lotus. Golden Lotus is the broken faction... you do shit ton of quests everyday and don't really see the progress.

2 - Not really... I am already Revered with everyone, except Klaxxi, and now I have a lot of Valor gear that I can't afford to get for the next 3 months. There really is no need to hurry and I just don't understand why people got so edgy about this decision from Blizzard. I got 2 pieces with Valor so far, and both required just Honored with Golden Lotus and then Revered with Golden Lotus. The real gating is Valor, like it always was, not reputation. Now, Justice gear should NOT be gated in any way. It is crappy anyway.

3 - With that I agree. Specially when it comes the time to level my alt, having to get Revered with annoying Golden Lotus just to be able to begin getting the faction that matters (Enchants, with August Celestials) will be very annoying. Requirement should at least be only Honored, not all the way to Revered.

4 - NOOOO. I am so glad they got rid of that awfull tabard. And from getting reputation in dungeons at all. Put something like that, even if minor, and you have the entire player base ignoring dailies totally and grinding dungeons again. Just no.

5 - See below.

6 - While that would be cool to improve rep gain, I don't really see a lore reason for this. There are not much interactions betwen the factions, SPECIALLY whe it comes to the Klaxxi.

5, 7, 8, 9, 10 - Cool ideas, specially the usage of Lesser Charms and weekly quest. Those quests could be extensive, one-time only per week and give a huge chunk of reputation. Grinding of monster could also be limited to, say, Honored, so it doesn' have the Tabard Grinding effect. And drops could also be limited to once a week, for the same reason.

Your suggestions offer choice. Something that was supposed to be the basis for this expansion.

I would say though that the first two suggestions would become unnecessary if the other ones were came true.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

I voted for grinding in dungeons. After 2 weeks of farming heroics for gear I was already done with them. Slots that I didn't get gear in I was able to buy valor/conquest(don't hate on occasional epic pvp piece over 458 blue gear, please) and of course my crafted gear(inscription staff, tailoring chest/gloves). I haven't run dungeons since, and haven't capped valor since then. Because honestly why bother?

10+ Year Old Account
    Only one I feel is necessary is removing the gating. That was a rather silly move on Blizzard's part.

I like the reputation grinds as they are at the moment. When I'm bored and at home I can log into Wow and do my dailies. Sure they take a while, but they should. They did in BC and Vanilla, and people seem to love those times.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

10+ Year Old Account
    3 - Incorrect. You can start their dailies when you reach revered, not exalted. I'm doing them now.

5 - Exists. The keys that drop in the vale open caches in the halls that give blue/purple tokens that will up GL rep by a daily or a daily * 2

I would love to see reps from mobs. Would make it more enjoyable as you'd gain rep doing the quests while gaining rep handing them in. I maxed BP to honored in an hour of mob grinding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    5 - Exists. The keys that drop in the vale open caches in the halls that give blue/purple tokens that will up GL rep by a daily or a daily * 2
    The keys are pretty rare, though...much rarer than Onyx Eggs, or Netherwing Eggs were. Plus, the relics give barely any rep. Either a really rare drop that gives a decent amount of rep (500 or so) or a less rare drop that gives a little rep would be fine, but not the way the relics are now.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with 3 and 10 myself.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    You have some interesting ideas, and certainly rep from mobs is a good idea. I think multiple ways to earn rep to allow different players to earn rep the way they want it. If you could do dailies, or collect hidden items (like the dark soil mounds for Tiller people), or grind mobs, or buy an expensive tabard and run dungeons, that allows everyone to get rep and do the playstyle they like.

I'm ok with gating, especially with so many factions, it makes people relax a little in the beginning instead of going nuts on the first day. Also, it is only Revered with Golden Lotus, you might want to change that in your post.

But the main thing I think they should do is have gear sold for gold (or another currency you get from dailies, like lesser charms) from the factions at certain rep levels, and have VP gear for sale from vendors with no rep requirements. So you could upgrade your gear from rep/dailies, or upgrade your gear from running dungeons/raids. The way it is now, you have to do insane number of dailies to get revered just to spend the VP you get from dungeons/raids. That's not a choice, that is forcing people to do dailies. I think that is where the major problem lies.

I actually enjoy the dalies, I like that it takes a while to get to revered/exalted, that the gear is at revered and nice non-game-changing awards at exalted, and that it is obtainable, even if long. I just don't like that the only way to spend VP is getting revered (and honored for some pieces only).

Thank you zomgname for the signature and avatar!

Upvoted 3 and 7.

2, 4, 6, 9 dumb ideas i don't want to see.

Maybe on 1, 8, 10

Fyi: guo-lai caches drop golden lotus rep tokens. (point 5)

Any of your suggestions would be ok with me, provided they place a cap on how much rep per day you could earn through any source to about the same level the dailies provide now (1-2k per day), and that whatever activity the player chooses to do earns them rep in about the same amount of time dedicated to earning it. Make the overall time commitment as nearly equal as possible so that the only choice a player has to worry about is which activity they would rather do, not which is the most efficient. If one were to take less time, even a relatively small amount of less time, it would eliminate the choice as one option would be quicker, and thus better, than all the others.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    3 - Incorrect. You can start their dailies when you reach revered, not exalted. I'm doing them now.

I would love to see reps from mobs. Would make it more enjoyable as you'd gain rep doing the quests while gaining rep handing them in. I maxed BP to honored in an hour of mob grinding.
    Yeah . . . if you can get to a chest. If you aren't revered, you either have to be lucky and find one spawned, or kill yourself to get past the door and be lucky to find one spawned.
    Putin khuliyo

i like the dailies except that it isn't possible to die while doing them.

10+ Year Old Account
    DIsliked
    1- the hubs that have quests that give 150 rep are also the hubs with 7-10 quests, so no
    2- No, rep vendors make alot of since and JP gear requires no rep anymore anyways;
    3- First off it is revered with the GL not exalted. and second off, you have issues with doing dailies, but want access to more dailies immediately rather then when you are finished with a rep.
    4- No, I still enjoy the dungeons when I run them, I don't want to get sick of them like I did the cata ones.
    5- These are already in game as others have stated and if you have issues with grinding dailies I don't understand how grinding mobs for rep items is better
    6- Would be interesting, but again this would actually make you "have" to do more dailies. I hit exalted with the GL and haven't touched them since.
    7- I'd be ok with this up to honored. but not past.

Liked
    8- This would be pretty cool and I'd be for it.
    9- I'm not sure if I entirely agree with just trading in the coins for rep as that not what you do with a lucky coin. I would like to see other uses for the coins though. And if one of those was buying like a grab bag or something that has a chance to drop rep items, I'd be down with that.

Really Liked
    10- I've always thought these would be cool. Maybe eventually dailies evolved into this. Where once a week there is a chain of quest that is maybe 75-100 long. It would have your basic kill X of Y quests, your loot X of Y quests, and your talk to people quests. But there would also be group quests, quests to enter dungeons/scenarios, other creative things. Hell with the war coming you could make some of the quests pvp based

The general idea would be that you have a week to complete these quests. You can spread them out over the whole week, or shotgun it.

Deleted
    The weekly ones are awesome.

Make it a group quest or something too. Baradin hold weekly worked better than the daily.

Doesn't 5.1 add a feature that increases how much Rep you gain from a certain Faction?
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.