Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Ok, my opinion the Op might hate dailys....not sure...i mean he did cry about dailies.....dailies.....and oh yeah, dailies.

I hate dailies myself, however I look at it this way from the perspective of a player who had 10 lvl 85 alts in Cata and is currently in possession of 3 lvl 90 and 1 lvl 87 toons (the other 7 are still 85). I only need to grind the daily quests once, yes once.

Yes I will need to do some daily quests on my alts to help gear them out but I can do them on my own time, i only need to do 45 quests a week on my alts to get enough of the lesser charms to buy Greater Charms of good fortune to be able to bonus roll on LFR gear. You do not want to do daily quests, hey, don't do them, grind your heroics, horde your Valor and by the time 5.1 comes out you can upgrade your gear into better levels using the upgrade system.

Also with 5.1 once you hit revered on a toon, your entire account gets double rep with that reputation so quests that gave you only 120 rep give you 240 rep per quest which halves the days you need to do dailys with them but by then that will not matter with ALL LFRs being in place, and the gear upgrade system like I said.

However, the op DOES have a point, Dailies are NOT 100% optional for optimizing your character. Did I just contradict myself? maybe if you listen. The daily quests are 100% optional if you are say a Jewelcrafter, Miner, Herbalist, Inscriptionist, or Skinner. However if you are a Leatherworker or Tailor and you want your awesome leg enchants to sell you need to grind to honored with Golden Lotus. If you are a blacksmith you need to grind to Honored with Klaxxi to purchase the plans to make your belt buckles. This isnt too bad, 1 week of daily quests. Tollerable. However, Enchanters got boned this expansion with this. You need to grind to Revered with Golden Lotus, then you need to hit Revered with Shado-pan for Weapon Enchantments, then you need to grind to Revered with August Celestials to get Bracer enchants which unless you are on a high pop server with a good economy, is mandatory.

The problem is NOT gear, you can grind those out in LFR which this expansion are just as easy, if not easier, than a 5 man heroic. Heck I even found myself doing LFRs to get Valor quicker than Dungeons. The problem is everyone focusing on them and not letting themselves enjoy the rest of the expansion.

Challenge modes are VERY fun and Very Challenging and Very Rewarding if you hit that Gold. Even if you only hit Silver (which is very forgiving) you can get a nice mount out of it.

Pet battles are a nice distraction and a good way to eat up some of your time.

The dungeons are some of the best i've seen since Vanilla, I personally ground my rear off getting the Glory of the Hero done and not regretting a single moment of it this expansion.

TLR - To summerize, unless your a leatherworker, Enchanter, Tailor, or blacksmith, dont Kill yourself with the daily quests. be leisurely with them. The gear will come in time, Tuesday we get 1st half of Heart of Fear which will reward you with 483 gear, thats only 6 ilvls below the 489 Rep gear, and the next week you get the 2nd half, which will reward you with 483 TIER gear. Just be patient, and just relax and enjoy the expansion and look at it this way - It could have been Cataclysm 2.0.

Tell them only that the Lich King is dead... And that WoW died with him.

10+ Year Old Account
    These threads are all the same and bring nothing new to discuss. What we need is one thread like they have on the SWTOR forums. The unsubscriber thread where people can vent there hatred for the game and the direction instead of cluttering it all in separate threads.

Like others said, this was posted in the other unsubbed thread so why make a new one. So yeah.. One massive thread for all the people who still hang around here but want to say how bad the game is and why they quit.

Here is the SWTOR thread I was on about.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=476966

Deleted
    So the game looked crap to you and you still bought it? Do you really expect us to listen to your opinion when it's clear you never really intended on giving the game an actual chance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Daily quests are 100% optional.
    Oh, that's a relieving to hear
    Another thing to remember is that all the valor gear only requires revered reputation which takes 2-3 weeks max currently.
    What?! You just said they are optional didn't you?
    IF YOU DON'T LIKE DAILIES DON'T DO DAILIES.
    But you just.. I'm about to... Ehm.. Well you know..

It's like saying "You don't need to eat if you don't like eating". Newsflash, you do, you really do have to eat to live.
    It's a must to get those factions to exalted (VIA DAILIES BTW) if you want to get valor stuff (Which is pretty much the point right? To make your character better?)

Just for the record, I have played pretty much everyday when MoP hit, I'm exalted with Forest Hozen and Tillers is revered. Rest is Friendly&Neutral.
    I'd love to see another way to get rep, I'd rather do anything else but dailies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    Have you read the planned frost mage "nerfs" ?!? It's like nerfing a hangman's rope by coloring it blue.
    Mr. Smith about the cost of Triple-spec
    3k gold right off the bat, about 5 silver a week later.

You can raid without grinding the dailies so saying it is a requirement is misleading. If you want things from the factions that have them then you have to grind out the rep but that is your choice. In the end Blizzard can do no right, if they give you lots to do then they are "forcing" you. If there isn't enough ( in your opinion ) to keep you occupied then they are lazy and not giving you what you want.

There will never be any expansion that is a one size fits all. Those who have rose colored glasses about whatever previous expansion they felt was "the best", I can find a multitude of people who took issue with your beloved.

As for me, yes the dailies seem to be a little overdone, I think if it was 2-4 dailies per faction it wouldn't feel quite so overwhelming and the golden lotus should only be one of it's random area sets of dailies per day not 3 per day (3 separate hubs if you are revered). At least I feel like I have more to do and I did enjoy the leveling very much this time around whereas Cata was not good overall for me.

Deleted
    I for one amidst all the butthurt thank you, OP. I was actually on the fence, but I vaguely considered the game dead and the inspiration gone. Now I'm sure. Your 2009 forum account creation date and only 15 posts put weight behind your few words.

Deleted
    Thanks OP, helped here, I've been thinking about jumping in, got the trial and the leveling was extremely dull to me but thought that maybe at 90 it would be better. This and other threads and friends telling me how it is, helps me make a decision and I don't think I'll get it after all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Correction, the game I loved died when 4.1 hit my PC. Now, with MoP, WoW has been resurrected and is having it's '2nd coming' as far as I'm concerned. I could go point for point and debunk your OPINIONS with my own OPINIONS, but I'd rather just say that everything that is MoP = AWESOME!! (minus dailies heh)
    /agree

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold of Skullcrusher View Post
    Yes he did, but apparently he felt so urgent needs to show everyone how he quit, that he had to make another thread for it...
    You dont care and yet felt the need to post multiple times in the thread. Pot and kettle?