Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Also, not a very good strategy announcing your plans to attack something..
    Indeed. It's like announcing "Hey guys, brace yourselves, we'll attack THIS base now!". Reminds me of Azmodan and his announces.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just hope Anon just get thrown in jail if they get caught. Should be taught a lesson not to mess with big internet places and attacking them. Even if it's Facebook and Zynga which people seem to have a unnatural hatred for.

Indeed. It's like announcing "Hey guys, brace yourselves, we'll attack THIS base now!". Reminds me of Azmodan and his announces.

BY ALL THAT IS HOLY DO YOU SEE THAT ENEMY OVER THERE!?
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    Am in the only one uncomfortable calling DDOS attacks "hacking"? :\
    You can't DDOS facebook, if you could DDOS facebook, it would never be up, just like google, there are so many users online that no matter how big their dos network are, it's not going to bring the website down.

Their only choice is to find a security hole, which they are not going to, else it would already have been exploited and fixed.

"Anon" really are self centered and blind.

They think that Zynga are to blame and that everything is their fault?

No, if you are going to blame someone, it has to be the way society works and how we see it.
    Companies are by law, forced to maximize their income.

If Zynga don't have enough users, they don't have the need for that much staff.
    Who do you think they are going to fire? Developers? NO!
    They are going to fire people that answer users emails and phone calls, because at the moment, they are probably too many for too few users.

-
    TL-DR; If "anon" would focus on more serious stuff, they would not be allowed to exist, don't be arrogant and think they are invisible, they are not, and if they lift a finger against the wrong person, they can kiss their computer goodbaii.

ps. Why are they attacking facebook, if zynga are the ones who did wrong, they must realize that facebook is just a platform like xbox live or steam, right..........?
    Last edited by mmoc6146604ebe; 2012-11-04 at 03:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Parthenon View Post
    Source: http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/...book-take-down

Pretty hilarious if you ask me, even if it is blackmail/cyber terrorism.
    Oh noes, another ddos attack! Whatever shall they do? Oh yeah, facebook already gets over 300 million hits a day, kind of hard for scriptkiddies to ddos a site built to handle hundreds of millions of hits a day....

---------- Post added 2012-11-04 at 03:33 AM ----------

Not uncomfortable with it, I do think it's a joke, since anyone with google, half a brain, and 2 free hours can do it, look ma I'm a hacker!
    Apply blizzards model to any other subscription service,you'd be outraged:
    Netflix adds no new movies for a year, you click a new movie, there's a $5 fee.
    You're in an accident, click your onstar button, but there's an addition $20 fee for them to help.
    You turn on your tv only to find all you get are the infomercial channels. Every other show is pay per view.
    See how dumb that model is?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by starkey View Post
    People kill themselves exposing there boobies online, facebook down we looking at another Reverend Jim Jones
    Hey yeah,

Do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it

This doesn't sound like anonymous. Why do they care that 1000 people might get fired? I thought they mostly targeted stuff that (in their opinion) hurt freedom on the internet such as sopa.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    I'll be honest and say i find it slightly amusing the amount of people hating on anonymous and drawing up their own stereotypes. On the simple basis that this is a gaming forum that's main focus is around an RPG that is still viewed as "nerdy" by the non-players, you'd all fit into the stereotypes you're shouting out (ok, not all, but a majority of them). That's not directed at anyone in specific of course.

I'm sure everyone spouting out this sort of shit is a shining example of a human being, who has no quirks or faults of their own and would be viewed as "genetically perfect in every single way". In the case of the guys, they're the type that are always surrounded by 7 girls who lust over them 24/7, sorta like "Snow White and the Seven Dwarves" except reversed gender and with much more sex. Perhaps it's the fact they can lift 30KG on each arm due to their fantastically enlarged muscles, or their 18" wang that put's the rest of the world to shame, or maybe it's because of their extremely manly 6'6" height. They also have an IQ that makes Stephen Hawking blush.

Just to clarify, i'm not against people saying they want anon to fail, or that they're tired of them trying, or even that they think it's funny that they still appear to have balls of steel, but to draw up some conclusion about the people themselves because of what they do just seems like you're the type of person who holds, and believes in, ridiculous stereotypes about everyone based on race/gender/nationality/religious beliefs/sexual orientation/political views/etc.
    I can't agree on that last one, we are only voicing our opinions on these forums, the name anonymous are voicing their opinion ( that is irrelevant to the welfare and future of these 1000 employees ) all over the internet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Parthenon View Post
    Source: http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/...book-take-down

Pretty hilarious if you ask me, even if it is blackmail/cyber terrorism.
    I remember last time someone said they'd take down facebook. It never happened.
    Blowing hot air.

Deleted
    What's a Zynga?
    No, I cba to Google it and instead ask it here, because I can.

Deleted
    Go Anonymous!

We r anonymoose we donut 5give we donut 5get we r leigoon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    We r anonymoose we donut 5give we donut 5get we r leigoon.
    now i want doughnuts.... this is why i always used water based pokemon to easily crush earth based ones
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

15+ Year Old Account
    So if they're mad at Zynga, why exactly would they target Facebook? It might be one platform that Zynga uses, but they're totally separate companies.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    So if they're mad at Zynga, why exactly would they target Facebook? It might be one platform that Zynga uses, but they're totally separate companies.
    They tried (and failed) to go after them last year around this time. One has to wonder about their intentions. If they're trying to make a point by slowing down facebook for a few hours then I think most people won't even notice. It just seems like an easy, high publicity target to me. Rather than actually doing some real "hactivism" (especially around the election time) they're choosing to make a public spectacle of themselves for no reason.

I also hardly believe that any of the competent hackers who identify themselves with this movement would be taking part. Probably just some script kiddies on their dads computer trying to look tough.

Nope. In my mind it isn't hacking. An 8th grade first year Comp. Sci student could do it.

Anonymous can seemingly only pull off DDOS and injection attacks, neither of which require any significant skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Anonymous can seemingly only pull off DDOS and injection attacks, neither of which require any significant skill.
    Especially since by now most of it probably isn't even writing their own scripts.

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Especially since by now most of it probably isn't even writing their own scripts.
    Exactly. Take script, change the target IP, and redistribute. Takes all of 5 seconds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbe View Post
    You can't DDOS facebook, if you could DDOS facebook, it would never be up, just like google, there are so many users online that no matter how big their dos network are, it's not going to bring the website down.

Their only choice is to find a security hole, which they are not going to, else it would already have been exploited and fixed.
    Well, yes, but most of these recents attacks have been just that... Massive DDOS attacks being labelled as "hacks" and the only way they could DDOS facebook would, in theory, to track down all their distributed servers and attack every single one of them? Or maybe target the authentication servers (just guessing here, no real clue on how facebook handles their stuff)? I mean, if you wanted to target, say, World of Warcraft, it would be much easier if you could bring down the Login servers than target every single Realm server out there, heh?

I personally don't care much for their "political" reasons and, if they do manage to actually hack facebook, I'll at least giggle - Maybe it's just a "morbid" curiosity or maybe it's just academic interest (maybe both) but I'd really like to see them (or someone) pull it off and see the results.