Poll: Is life fair?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

She Won The Lottery 4 Times!

If good fortune were a finite resource, the amount Joan Ginther has been hogging would be responsible for the misfortunes of the entire Third World. This Texas math professor made her reputation as a goddamn human cloverleaf by winning the Texas lottery in 1993, winning a cool $5.4 million. Then she did it again in 2006, this time winning $2 million. Then in 2008, she buys yet another lottery ticket because what the hell, she can afford it. And she wins again, for $3 million this time.

Seriously, now. What the hell are the odds of somebody winning three tim -- Wait, what?

In 2010, she won again? And for the biggest jackpot yet -- $10 million! OK, there's a lot of ways to describe that kind of luck. "Uncanny," perhaps. "Unbelievable," sure. "Unfair," definitely. She's got to be cheating somehow. We mean, she's a math professor, right? Surely, she's devised some sort of ingenious counting system that enables her to score a jackpot whenever she feels strapped for cash. Hell, two of the tickets have even been bought at the same store! Shenanigans, we tell you!

What adds to the annoyance of the cynics is that she flat out doesn't care what anyone else thinks about her almighty capacity for luck. In fact, she purposefully remains a complete mystery and refuses to discuss her system (if she even has one). But neither would you, if you had made a deal with Satan.

Source: http://www.cracked.com/article_19640...t-rich_p2.html

that's pretty incredible. some poor guy has all her bad luck though and probably lives under a bridge as an alcoholic with an allergy to alcohol

10+ Year Old Account
    ... Goddamnit. I buy lottery tickets every now and again and I think I've won 20$ off those scratching ones once...

I call magick. She's a witch!

Wow, that is insane.

...must have been reforging all +luck!

The chances of someone winning the lottery 4 times are pretty high.

Deleted
    Greedy bitch still playing the lottery after winning millions!

I bet everyone has a good chuckle when she teaches her class about probabilities...

If she played WoW with that type of luck she would be the most hated person on the server..her guild would love her though

10+ Year Old Account
    I think its clear that she has somehow gained the power to see through the scratchoff and to the numbers. The obvious choice is dissection and study, so that we may distribute her power to the masses.

She obviously hacks real life.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post
    Greedy bitch still playing the lottery after winning millions!
    Well, if you had that much good luck wouldn't you? I sure would :P

More OT: She has to be one of the luckiest people on the planet, she doesn't have to work a day in her life and hasn't needed to for years. Hell, even her kids are set up for a long while if she has any.

---------- Post added 2012-11-02 at 01:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Purlina View Post
    I bet everyone has a good chuckle when she teaches her class about probabilities...
    XD Good one.
    /10char

Deleted
    I don't know about this particular case, but scratch lottery systems have been "cracked" in the past allowing you to pick out winning ones. One publicized case is this.

You are looking at it wrong, the chances of something like this happening are pretty high.

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wauw, that's pretty crazy. I don't play the lottery myself, but my dad once won what amounts to $1.000.000.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not that surprising. Only the big stakes lotteries (like Powerball with a $124,000,000 jackpot) have a odds of 176,000,000+. Winning the lotto for small sums (and let's face it, those are pretty small sums overall compared to big ticket lottery) isn't too surprising.

when you say 'math professor', and than you say 'won lottery 4 times', I just assumed she cracked the code.
    But at least two of them are scratch offs, so ... wow, good for her.

Deleted
    How many lottery tickets did she purchase for each lottery though?

Deleted
    I'd be pretty happy if I won just one, she has won 4, lol...

Quote Originally Posted by zeophor View Post
    I don't know about this particular case, but scratch lottery systems have been "cracked" in the past allowing you to pick out winning ones. One publicized case is this.
    I'm a little disappointed in myself. That link could teach me how to win millions of dollars, but when I saw how long the article was, I decided against it.

That's what I'll tell my grandchildren why grandpa never got rich.

MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__