View Poll Results: How do you like Windows 8?

Voters
3. This poll is closed
  • Love it!

1 33.33%
  • Hate it!

1 33.33%
  • Haven't used it.

0 0%
  • Neutral.

1 33.33%
    10+ Year Old Account

How do you like Windows 8?

Last week my mother decided she wanted a laptop. That's fine, she could definitely use something to occupy her time. Sadly I was at work at the time...and Best Buy sold her a Laptop with Windows 8.

Now, I run Win7 myself and am not really a techy guy. I love computers and smart phones, but, I'm no genius at this stuff. So when she brought it to me and asked me to help her set it up, I was really weirded out. (I didn't even realize it was out until she told me!)

It's by far the weirdest thing I've ever seen. It's like it's trying to imitate an iPhone or something? I figured out how to set up her "Desk Top" area with the few little things she wanted...but this is a woman who has touched a computer like twice in her long life time, and has a Nokia Flip Phone still. I really don't think Windows8 is for her. Hell it's not even for me.

What are you guys thinking about it? :\ I really think it's terrible personally and hope I never need to upgrade to it.

I'm neutral, but only because I was using the RC version and am leaning towards the Win8 purchase. Now, I have a question for those using it...can you connect to 5Ghz wireless bands with it?

In order to keep down the amount of threads on this particular subject, please use the already established Windows 8 thread here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1216587

Closing this one.