Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Info about the $2 Million stretch goal, The Longest Journey Home:

http://us.gamespot.com/features/taki...-home-6404653/

DO WANT!!!

Oh, and we've reached 1.1 mill and acheived the Storytime stretch goal too (sorry, TLJH news made me forget everything else )

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...y/posts/417562
    Last edited by Mothhive; 2013-03-01 at 11:45 PM.

Deleted
    Oh man, putting that as the 2m goal is like... emotional blackmail... why must I be poor D:

Quote Originally Posted by Deylana View Post
    Oh man, putting that as the 2m goal is like... emotional blackmail... why must I be poor D:
    Well, they said they'll hopefully try and make it one way or another, but $2mil guarantee's it gets greenlit and into production the fastest.

Rather disappointed with the final stretch goal.

The Longest Journey Home will pick up right where The Longest Journey left off, filling in the 10-year gap unaccounted for in Dreamfall. But it will also extend beyond Dreamfall Chapters and conclude April’s adventure.
    Sounds like we're going to get an incomplete game if they don't make the 2 millions.

And even if they do make it its quality will not be on par with the rest of the game.

it is planned as a 2D point-and-click adventure akin to the original game, rather than as a 3D adventure in the manner of Dreamfall and Dreamfall Chapters

with The Longest Journey Home, we really wanted to conclude April's story with a return to the detailed, high-resolution painted 2D backgrounds, pure point-and-click interface, and classic adventure gameplay.”

It also works well on mobile phones and tablets

Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    Rather disappointed with the final stretch goal.

Sounds like we're going to get an incomplete game if they don't make the 2 millions.

And even if they do make it its quality will not be on par with the rest of the game.
    It's a completely separate game which is more like TLJ in visuals, mechanics and story focus (April), and should be treated as such. As they said from the start, Dreamfall Chapters will finish the Dreamer Cycle and Zoe's story, so the story they are telling will not be incomplete. This new game is a straight up sequel to TLJ and will be covering all of April's story that was merely hinted at in Dreamfall.

Basically:

The Longest Journey + The Longest Journey Home = April's Story

Dreamfall + Dreamfall Chapters = Zoe's Story

More info on TLJ:H http://redthreadgames.com/blog/2/3/2...t-journey-home

If you're really interested in DFC follow Ragnar or RTG on Twitter as they answer a lot of fan questions (Ragnar's always been fan-friendly) and post updates regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive View Post
    It's a completely separate game which is more like TLJ in visuals, mechanics and story focus (April), and should be treated as such. As they said from the start, Dreamfall Chapters will finish the Dreamer Cycle and Zoe's story, so the story they are telling will not be incomplete. This new game is a straight up sequel to TLJ and will be covering all of April's story that was merely hinted at in Dreamfall.

Basically:

The Longest Journey + The Longest Journey Home = April's Story

Dreamfall + Dreamfall Chapters = Zoe's Story
    Yep!

Just passed $1.15mil and have reached the Richer World stretch goal which gets us an improved soundtrack and in-game gallery!

Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive View Post
    Just passed $1.15mil and have reached the Richer World stretch goal which gets us an improved soundtrack and in-game gallery!
    This was the goal I was really wanting them to reach, because this series has some of the best music. I'm glad they'll be able to spend a little more on it!

2D does not mean inferior quality, it just means a different style. some gamers, especially of such a nostalgia fuelled genre, prefer 2D over 3D. personally I think some games work better with one than the other, there's no right or wrong

They've announced the $1.5 mil stretch goal now. It's a Director's Cut!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...y/posts/419653

The Director's Cut will uncut a number of things we had to, um, cut in order to whittle our budget down to $1,000,000 -- including a couple of locations, some intriguing characters and conversations, a number of smaller scenes and intimate moments, a few puzzles, a bunch of minor story beats, and a hatful of funsies.

While we've never cut any critical or core elements from the central storyline -- nothing that would negatively affect the game's plot -- we had to trim down the size and length of the game in order to end up with a budget fit for our initial Kickstarter goal

Unless I missed this earlier, there's a proper trailer now!

Kian returns as a playable character! His model look pretty good.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...y/posts/422425

Wasn't sure we were going to manage to get $1.5mil and the Director's Cut, but we've had a nice little boost over the last couple of days, so we may just make it! Here's hoping for a last minute explosion in backers!

Less than 24 hours now. Was hoping for a little bit of a surge, but they're well over their goal. I just wanted more stretch goals /pouts

Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    Less than 24 hours now. Was hoping for a little bit of a surge, but they're well over their goal. I just wanted more stretch goals /pouts
    Yeah, it's weird that there hasn't been a last minute surge. Some people in the comments seem to think that people haven't been receiving the reminders that were supposed to be sent out 48 hours before it ends. If that's true, that's unfortunate, both for the Kickstarter, and the people who were considering backing it.

Aren't the paypal donations still missing? Maybe they can still make it with those.

Aren't the paypal donations still missing? Maybe they can still make it with those.
    That's a good point, completely forgot about that. I don't think they'll make the $2m with those, but they should make the $1.5m

New update with some more info about stretch goals

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...2?ref=activity

Zoë model update looks awesome!

$1,420,012 with 11 hours to go! There's been an increase in the speed it's going up, but still not sure it's enough to reach $1.5mil. This is nail biting stuff!