Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    i'm happy that bad rogues are bad again and not getting carried anymore by them class like in cata.
    in cata i asked a friend if i could play his rogue for a day and it was just way to easy to pvp with.

I see lots of scared little warlocks coming to this post because you are bringing attention to their OP talent - look at them all putting you down OP because you are pointing this out - very funny. Obvious warlocks are obvious.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LeyrHao View Post
    This thread was about Destro locks, no about all Warlocks. The only viable spec has always been Affliction, Destruction has only had very few moments where it barely shone, and Demonology has never been useful in pvp at all.

And about that second part... seriously, you can't compare breaking stealth to being permanently immune to magic damage... that argument is totally pointless. Breaking stealth doesn't make the rogue less useful, he can still attack and perform everything a rogue can, he just loses Cheap Shot as opener. Look at this the other way around, as a warlock I can initiate any class whenever I want except rogues because they're in stealth... It's just the same.
    Welcome to Combat rogues. How many seasons were they viable? Same situation.
    What Verain tried to say was that stealth is the most important ability of a rogue, and 1 single spell is able to take that away with no skill. He did this by making a comparison in which rogues, in 1 spec, are immune to magic, your most important part of the class.
    Breaking stealth for a rogue, who is not near the target is quite the same as not being able to cast as a caster these days: you will be kited without any chance of winning.
    But let’s try the immune to damage thing, after all you can still run to the target and melee him!!
    Do you even realize how dumb your defense for this AoE effect was?

The Warlock aoe talent is an issue. In some arenas you can LOS it but in others you have no chance. Then they break your stealth and, assuming it is later on in arena, and your Vanish is on cd, it is hard to get a restealth once they put their pet in you.

For me the main issues are low damage, ridiculous fear duration and DRs.

For example, if my team mate is killed and it is just me and a Priest (of any spec), I might as well give up. It is impossible to kill a Priest in a lock down even with glyphed CS and Garrote. If they are even free for a second they fear you and dot you and then just kite you and heal themselves. There is no hope because damage of all three specs is so low. You can do more damage overall as Assassination but they can dispel your poisons and your bleeds do terrible damage (even with Venomous Wounds), and if you go Sub you have Shadow Dance which is one of the few chances you have to do decent burst as a Rogue but otherwise Sub damage is terrible, and I assume that you have go all out damage in SD and you do not need to use it for control.

Then in terms of fears, an 8 second Warrior and Priest fear is completely ridiculous. And then I read they are buffing the Warrior fear cooldown to 30 seconds. 8/30 seconds? Really?! Blind is on a 3 min cd and even when it is buffed to 1.5 mins it still has triple the cd. After they have feared you, they play with you for a bit, and then DRs wear off and they can fear you again. And Warriors have high damage and they give them such good peel as well?

They are nerfing Warrior caster lockdown because a double warrior team will destroy any caster in seconds and they have burst through immunites as well.

I am just hoping that weak Rogue PvP now will be compensated for later in the xpac. They did that in tier 11 with the Sub buffs, and hopefully we just have to wait.

Quote Originally Posted by jtstormrage View Post

For me the main issues are low damage, ridiculous fear duration and DRs.

For example, if my team mate is killed and it is just me and a Priest (of any spec), I might as well give up.
    Your expecting to win against a healer or even a hybrid in a 1vs1 situation?

Let me make it clear not a single dps should win against a single healer, if you could solo a healer they would get destroyed in 3vs3 and 5vs5. Even a hybrid should should have a clear advantage because they are capable of switching between dps mode and semi healer mode. That fact that the healing of hyrbids dps is to strong right now is besides the point (will get nerfed) because even during WOTLK most of them where capable of healing in exchange for their damage.

Also they are increasing the cooldown of warrior fear from currently 60 secs to 90 secs so at least read the patch right.

Just because in the past you where capable of killing a healer on your own doesn't mean you should have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Your expecting to win against a healer or even a hybrid in a 1vs1 situation?

Let me make it clear not a single dps should win against a single healer, if you could solo a healer they would get destroyed in 3vs3 and 5vs5. Even a hybrid should should have a clear advantage because they are capable of switching between dps mode and semi healer mode. That fact that the healing of hyrbids dps is to strong right now is besides the point (will get nerfed) because even during WOTLK most of them where capable of healing in exchange for their damage.

Also they are increasing the cooldown of warrior fear from currently 60 secs to 90 secs so at least read the patch right.

Just because in the past you where capable of killing a healer on your own doesn't mean you should have.
    I'm sorry but I don't follow the logic here. When a healer is capable of aiding a kill (not only by healing, but through CC and damage), and can lead to a situation where 1 DPS vs. Healer arises... the healer should always win? That would suggest that pre-1v1 encounters (where an arena has been sloppy, assuming 3v3, or just where it's really tight 2v2), the healer should be inferior when multiple people are alive... but outside BM/warrior burst I haven't heard of completely avoiding bringing a healer.

It should take effort, control, and burst to kill a healer, sure, but I think it SHOULD be possible.

1) Make your posts on blizzard forums if you want them to be read by blizzard

2) Stop crying. The reason PvP is full of crying is because people expect to win all of the time and are baffled when they learn that other people are better than them. Its part of life, get used to it

You also could get used to people who permanently complain...
    Also, getting used to something does not mean that they should stop complaining, or else there would be no progress at all, if everyone would think like that.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    2v2 (arena isn't balanced ar
    without using a cooldown (so you could use it)
    I wasnt ready (right so they outplayed you)
    I like to save (well you shouldn't save your cooldown)

You just got outplayed, even if you couldn't get a opener you could have done other things but didn't. YOu could have used CloS and prevented their burst on you but didn't.

Your opponents rushed in, forced you out of stealth and then burst you down with everything they have. You however decided to save your abilities and just take the damage.

I kind of doubt your a ''pretty good player'' because good players know when they have to use their cooldowns.

Maybe the aeo range is to much, but in this case you lost because you expected to survive at least 8 secs without doing shit.
    Don't take my skill into question based on a few quotes. I am a 2200 rated rogue and not cuz I rolled my face on my keyboard. There are a few things I could have done but I wasnt ready for it because this was one of my first games of the season but my complaint stands.
    And to those who ask what I would change about rogues? Simple, make it so that my shadow walk ability grants me imunity to all spells and effects for its duration and if hit with a spell or effect with it up it does not put the player who hit me in combat. This raises the shadow walk ability out of the "Basically Pointless for a good player" catagory and allows us (provided we have the skill to use it at the right time) a clean opener.
    I might also throw in that shadow walk with these changes should not be usable while the vanish buff is up for some obvious reasons although some would disagree with that.