Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Literally all I can think of atm is, "I LOST MY MIND!". I just couldn't shake the feeling of feeling useless, I'll never find anyone new all the bullshit. Moved on and well, I'm happy for the first time I can think of. Thing's usually work out in the end.

Deleted
    Get out of your place, the sooner the better.
    Doesn't even have to be permanent, take a long vacation if you don't want to move.

The enviroment is the most important factor for such things.
    You could fly to somewhere you might like to live and just test the waters for 2-3 weeks, if you like it look for a job and stay for some years.

Quote Originally Posted by bt4 View Post
    Get out of your place, the sooner the better.
    Doesn't even have to be permanent, take a long vacation if you don't want to move.

The enviroment is the most important factor for such things.
    You could fly to somewhere you might like to live and just test the waters for 2-3 weeks, if you like it look for a job and stay for some years.
    this by a million. get the hell out of there. LIVE FOR YOU!

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, you need professional help mate, you really do. Most people replying here are just making things worse, so ignore them. You need to talk to someone who KNOWS how to help people who feel like you, and mmo-champion is NOT the right place, trust me.

Ask around, and try to find someone professional who can help you. Finding the right help can turn your life around.
    The grass is always greener - The times were always better

Deleted

Related to the subject at hand.

You must seek help.

You're a normal 22 year old, man. People around you may seem like they are 100% happy, especially with the help of facebook. A lot of people only post the cool shit and try to make their lives seem amazing to anyone who will look. We have ups and we have downs, just balance it out.

Relationships before 25 are a joke, it's mostly discovery and playtime. Most "attractive" people your age sexing it up when they can, and you're one of them. Embrace the fact that you are a part of the group that can get females naked. Look at it this way, after sifting through a plethora of human garbage, you have found people that are honest and you like! Now you know that they exist and they like you! This is a powerful asset to have. Some relationships will last and some won't, don't dwell on it. Worrying about shit wastes time, your time is valuable. Again, remember, most people don't have the ability to attract quality peers, they settle.

Finally, you're young and have plenty of time to establish the right friends, girlfriend and satisfying job. There is no reason to end it. I read about people killing themselves in their teens and its a tragedy. Their death is quickly forgotten and they have contributed nothing to society but a day of tears for people who have the time to stop and read about it. I'm all for population control, but gamers killing themselves pisses me off. Live you're life, and have fun with it.

-B
    Last edited by Whammage; 2012-11-05 at 02:40 PM.

Give your doctor a call today so you can go see him tomorrow.

If your feeling that shit, the doctor will know what direction to point you to.

Hey,
    Usually, I just lurk around and don't reply, but after reading this...
    You're 22, your life is starting to make some sense... wait until you're older to make some really hard decisions..
    Everyone is different and everyone reacts different, but... suicide? Why? Think about the logic of it for some time and consider it... Is it worth to end your life just because you don't think you fit into your friends or you lost one of the many relationships you are going to have in your full life?
    I almost had the same thing, got sick of my group.. just wait and some new friends will show up.. or just change it. Search another type of enviroment, try work collegues, school.. there are so many people around that you can like/dislike that I isn't worth to think about "I'm sick of my life" .
    Try to get a new hobby... if you're full of rage and depressed, why don't you try some martial art? It will smooth things out, you can set your rage free on a punch bag, and when the class is over you will feel like new.. That's what I did, found new friends over there, and things got a bit easy.
    As for love, I just lost a relationship from 6 years that I grew with. I was a mess, but then I got thinking... Things come and go, and something new will show up, so don't worry about it. Keep occupied, search for new things that you will possibly like, and don't hide yourself saying you are sick of your life. The best days of your life are beggining know.. I wish I had your age again, really!

Good luck to you, and just have some f*cking fun with anyone that you feel that satisfies you!

Btw, apologize for any mistake in grammar

Quote Originally Posted by Strakha View Post
    No offence but why would you try to kill yourself over a girl? I can understand killing yourself if you are on the bus in MASH and making noise for the enemy(it wasn't a chicken!), but to kill yourself just over a social causation seems frail. Any extrapolation or decline to comment?
    I really don't know why you would ask that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strakha View Post
    I don't think a therapist can help him, he probably just needs to talk to all the people involved with the crisis that he suffers from.
    I wouldn't say he definitely needs a therapist (he might but I'm no expert) but I'd say a therapist can definitely help him, in fact a therapist can probably help most people in some way, that's what they're there for

O.T
    There's a few options here. One is to see a therapist, and he may be able to help you through it, another is to, as Vizzle said, pack your bags and move on. You don't have to even more far, just enough that you don't have to see people from your old life constantly. The third options would be to just try and live through it to happier times, you could do things to help this along like meet new people that will hopefully replace your current friends.

Life comes with ups and downs.

Don't ever think "why does this happen to me, why can't I just be happy...".

The difference in people is how they deal with the downs, everybody has them.

1. First of all accept that you will feel bad when things like this happen. Your body is showing a reaction to a bad thing, nothing strange with that. Don't try to surpress the pain and go around it, face it and walk through it. The pain will go away eventually, how far off that might seen, it will!

2. Make sure you find things that YOU like in life. We were once all kids, we didn't always have girlfriends/boyfriends. Once upon a time we liked to play with toys and life seemed all jolly and good. This might sound childish but really, why shouldn't we as adults enjoy doing stuff?! Therefore get a hobby!

3. Excersice! You might think "wtf is the matter with the guy, he talks about exercising when I feel this bad". Well exercising will release good stuff in the body which will make you feel better in the long run. Exercising is not only about muscles, it's ecqually about the mind.

4. Train yourself in positive thinking. Happiness can be trained! Remind yourself about what things you like in the world, repeat them to yourself each and every day.

Good luck buddy!

Stood in the Fire LegendaryDude's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks to the people who are really trying to help. Reading through all of this showed me that i should really get some professional help. I have allways been affraid of this, but i think it is the only way for me now. I appreciate your help guys.

Quote Originally Posted by LegendaryDude View Post
    Thanks to the people who are really trying to help. Reading through all of this showed me that i should really get some professional help. I have allways been affraid of this, but i think it is the only way for me now. I appreciate your help guys.
    Man, these days you are almost a special snowflake when you DON'T see a therapist. It's about the last thing you need to worry about.

But like I said, better to call your regular house doctor first. He will probably send you into the right direction.
    Also, if you feel something is not working for you, your housedoctor can help you get a new one since he knows what's up.

Deleted
    Also ichs kanns ernsthaft nur nochmal betonen versuchs mit längerem Urlaub bevor du dir irgendwelche Medikamente reinziehst.

Deleted
    It's called professional help for a reason. Though I think it's a common problem and quite a lot of teenagers and young adults have sort like problems. My non professional advise? Try to change your mentality a bit. I dislike a lot of people too, don't have all to many actual GOOD friends, just lost my job and I just work in a factory anyway, no girlfriend atm .. but I'm a happy guy with who I am. I enjoy life, I don't need loads of friends or a very high payed job to be happy. As others have said too, the world isn't here to make you happy. You're here to make yourself happy, and in my own opinion, this all starts with yourself. Know that life isn't all about being happy, embrace the shit you have to live with, get over it and think about what does make you happy. Shift your focus away from all the negative things. Everyone experiences them, most won't show it though.

I have NO WORDS to describe how much I relate to this. I still feel the same way, but just not as much. Why? I started lifting. Somehow lifting weights and being all nazi on my diet helped me. Planing and managing things, basically.

It's like...I dunno. Feeling of acomplishment in a real life situation solved some of the "rage" issues I've had. I've never been violent, and never would, since hurting people is just not in me. However, it doesnt stop me from feeling rage :P It helps to have a feeling of a fuckton of weight over you in benchpress and channel all the rage into a few reps and fucking FEEL IT when you push it into lock-out. Who needs creatine or caffeine when you got rage, right?
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3010461094

Zellviren of Invective of Killrogg: I salute you.

Deleted
    I'll start this by telling you a bit about my life. I'm a 22 year old guy, i have a job, i have some hobbies, i have a few friends i hang out with, party on weekends, etc. A "normal" life, i guess.

And i sickens the fuck out of me. Ever since i was like 10 years old, people annoyed me. I wasn't friends with people i really liked, i was friends with people who didn't annoy me as much as other people. Of course, there were allways some people i liked/loved.
    I got on with my life like that since about 5 years ago, where i met my last girlfriend. For the first time in my life i felt really happy, we had a good, satisfying relationship. We were together for 2 years, until she got pregnant and lost the baby. We both couldn't get over it (i still can't til today) and broke up because of it.

However, for the following 2 years, i was pretty much her bitch. She used me for sex whenever she felt like it, and i went with it because i still loved her like crazy. I eventually "broke free" of this, and stopped contact with her. But ever since we broke up, i feel like i did before our relationship. My 2 primary feelings are rage and sadness. But i can't even cry anymore, though i would really like to from time to time. I lost contact to allmost all of my family because the annoyed me so much.

However, this year started off pretty well. I got into a new group of people and i really liked these people at first. But after some time, i realized they aren't any different then all those people who betrayed me and played games with me before. There were like 2 people out of this group that were honest, caring individuals. 1 guy, 1 girl. I fell in love with the girl. For the first time since the break up with my last girlfriend, i was able to be open and honest about my feelings. My feelings for here grew stronger over the time, and i felt like she had feelings for me too. We kissed, we slept with each other, i've been with her on the weekends. So, i finally told her that i love her a few weeks ago. Turns out she had some feelings for me, but also for this other guy i really liked.

They are now in an relationship with each other. She also said some things to me that really hurt me. So now, i just can't talk to these 2 people anymore. I just can't. I am so sad right now and so angry i can't even explain it. I open my heart and she breaks it.

So now, my group of friends contains of these 2 people that really hurt me, and some other people i don't really trust. It's fun to hang out with them, but that's about it. But if i quit the contact with them, i have no one. I would be completely alone.

So now i stand here. No real friends, nobody to love, feeling nothing but annoyance for the people around me, and sadness and anger about my life. I hate my job. I hate my family. And in the end, everyone i love just hurts me. I just don't know what to do anymore. I just want to be happy. I want to be loved. But i also want to be alone somehow because most people annoy me so much and make me angry. I am torn about everything. I am unable to make any meaningful decisions. Getting closer to christmas does not make it any better.

I tried suicide on christmas eve 2010, and right now, i feel just as helpless and alone as i did back then. I don't want to live like this anymore. I want to be happy.

I know this is probably not the right place to post stuff like this. But i am open for any help i can get, so i thought "why not?".

Sorry that this is pretty wall-of-text-ish, and a bit... all over the place with no real structure. I just wrote it as it came up in my mind. I hope it's understandable

The best advice i can give you my friend is to pick yourself up off the ground and carry on. You have already seen that there is more than one fish in the sea of love. Keep being you and try to look on the good things in life not focus on the bad. Best of luck in the future.

I'll start this by telling you a bit about my life. I'm a 22 year old guy, i have a job, i have some hobbies, i have a few friends i hang out with, party on weekends, etc. A "normal" life, i guess.
    Hint - once you are 50, have no future, no friends and no hope - then AFTER you have seen 8 or 9 professionals for help AND you have talked about this with at ANY family you have, then maybe you should consider suicide.

You are going through an illness, get treatment NOW.

Having grown up in an Eastern home, it's really strange to me how reliant Western people are on therapists and professional help. Over here you'd be hard pressed to find a person on some sort of psychological therapy... people learn to work it out for themselves.

You are in very bad shape and you need to seek proper, professional help. You do not need to be alone in this, and there is no shame in seeking help.

But you should adjust your expectations. Happiness is not the "goal" of therapy. The goal is to allow oneself to healthily experience life's ups and downs. Being angry and sad (with proper cause) is "good". Being angry and sad all the time is pretty serious. The loss of your child is a tragedy and you should consider the possibility that you have not even begun a process of recovery. You seem to have created a narrative that reduces its significance ("since I was 10 etc"); actually you seem to have led a normal life until then ("Of course, there were allways some people i liked/loved", "For the first time in my life i felt really happy, we had a good, satisfying relationship.")

In any case, you seem to have a general, diffused hatred / anger / sadness. The reason for this feeling is because of something that has happened in you, inside your soul. It has nothing to do with the actual worth of other people. Try to remember that, when you are telling yourself the world is a terrible place, and you are "sick of life". There is nothing wrong with "life". It is YOUR life, and what has happened in it, that needs looking at.