Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Being called an Internet Bully's now an insult? Hell, I'd take it as a compliment if it was PvP related.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arainie View Post
    Completely depends on what you define as ganking.
    Corpse camping is not okay, and I don't think anyone in their right sense actually does it. Those who do it lack love in real life, no need to prove that!

World PvP is not when a level 90 visits a level 20 contested zone and kills everything in their way with no other purpouse for being there.
    To me ganking is if you pass my path while i am out in the world doing quests or farming mats you die regardless of level.

Continuous ganking of lowbies with no other purpose for being there is a waste of time imo.

Internet bullying is a bit of an extreme term for it. It's not even technically griefing.

my question is, how is this thread different than the one you started within the last week, http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-on-PvP-Realms

Gangking: Ganging up with others to roam areas for no other reason that killing single, defenseless player characters outright. 'Ganking' is also used for very high level players who go out with no other reason than to kill very low level players who have no means to defend themselves.
    Corpsecamping: Ganking, with the added action of waiting for the ganked player to resurrect in order to instantly kill them again, thus locking their game-play.

I don't mind PvP at all... But both ganking and camping are seriously despicable actions. You go out for no other reason than making the game less fun for other people. There's no monetary wealth to be had, no honour, no engaging game-play... You just get to be bored and push a single button every now and then, and this action results in someone else not being able to play their game.

The idea of PvP is that you can actually fight one another. But with both ganking and camping, there is no 'fight.' There is no competition. There is no chance of losing. There's no skill involved, either... So what is the point, other than to gain emotional gratification of other people's misery? I honestly can't see any other reason to do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyber_bully

"Cyberbullying is the use of the Internet and related technologies to harm other people, in a deliberate, repeated, and hostile manner."
    Honestly? Firstly the use of "bully" against those who kill lowbies is due to the fact that the lower level player has no way of defending himself/herself against an overpowering foe.
    Cyberbullying is more often than not targeted against someone in someone's viscinity, say someone in school. How that is related to overpowering someones pixels is beyond me
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Personally? I don't consider it bullying, it's a game and what's great about it is - unlike in many cases in real life, you can fight back in the game. Maybe not by yourself, but you can get friends to help you and then spit and laugh at their dead bodies for all the deaths they caused! That's what world pvp is all about

I only kill low level players if i'm in a bad mood, hell even if they're tagged for pvp i'll probably just let them be. I will only continuously kill a low level player if they were the cause of death on one of my alts (assuming they were again a higher level than me). If they did that, they'd be dying - a lot. Unless you know, they're not retarded and just log out like most people do after 1 or 2 deaths.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Agile Emily View Post
    Because, even within the rules of a game, killing a low level in one shot over and over and over and over and over again is basically that - bullying. You're deliberately going out of your way to make someone else's playing a misery. You don't even get anything out of it.

Me? If I see someone low level, or my level, or even higher, I'll kill them. But only the once. Any more is just pointless.
    Then its their own dumb fuck stupidity for rolling on a PVP server. The same thing happens on FPS games where players have been playing longer and have better upgrades. you knew the risk of of playing on a PVP server when you roll on one. if people cant stand being one shot by people of much higher levels then they either go get a main character and fight back, or they log off the game for a while.

you wouldn't go onto a BF3 forum and complain that someone one shot you as a newbie. you just pick yourself up and get on with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Honestly? Firstly the use of "bully" against those who kill lowbies is due to the fact that the lower level player has no way of defending himself/herself against an overpowering foe.
    Cyberbullying is more often than not targeted against someone in someone's viscinity, say someone in school. How that is related to overpowering someones pixels is beyond me
    Honestly.

PvP happens. Ganking and camping are totally different.

Learn the difference and why folks will consider it griefing, too.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

10+ Year Old Account
    That guy in my MW3 lobby had perks I didn't have, despicable, he shouldn't have shot me

Deleted
    While I was leveling my shaman, a 90 mage decided to corpse camp me. Logged my feral and I decimated him and started to corpse camp him. Needless to say he took off pretty quick.

If you roll on a PvP server, you need to expect ganking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundermoose View Post
    Better question is, why do you care?

A bit of trashtalking is as much part of a PvP server as the PvP.
    For sake of discussion? Thats another lame way to disagree with ganking on a pvp server by the ole "why do you care?" routein.

---------- Post added 2012-11-05 at 04:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by bobo333 View Post
    i'm 6ft2, 30 years old, pretty fit and much stronger than your average 10 year old. even though i totally could, i don't go around punching ten year olds
    Theres a difference between a game, where virtual pixels covers your screen and real life. Lets distinguish that first.

Learn the difference and why folks will consider it griefing, too.
    It's off topic, but I personally think that griefing should be allowed in MMO's, as long as the victim has an in game means of retaliation... to my knowledge, there aren't any games around today that get this part right.

When bad behavior can be performed and policed by the players themselves, it changes the dynamics of the game quite a bit. Who you're friends with becomes more meaningful, among other things. But I digress

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymzkerten View Post
    This x1000. When I first started playing this game I was joining some friends on a PvP server, and eventually my wife started playing with me. When we got to 60 we got into a raiding guild that we really liked, but being on a PvP realm was a constant nightmare. We weren't going to leave this guild, and there was no way we were going to convince the entire guild to xfer to a PvE server (when that feature became available), so we were just stuck there having to deal with random chances at rogues camping you for no reason other than to piss you off. There were times that my wife was practically frustrated to tears because of a rogue, always the same rogue, that would follow her and camp her.

We had to deal with this until about halfway through Wrath when that guild finally died off, then we transferred to a PvE realm with one of our friends from that guild. Yes, we were eventually able to transfer off of the PvP realm, but it's not just as easy as deciding you are done with that scene and leaving.
    But you knew the consequences of rolling on the PvP server, yet you decided to ignore them and do so anyway. You found a guild on the PvP server and decided to attach yourself to it. That was a choice you and your wife made. How is it someone else's fault because they decide to engage in pvp combat and you didnt want to?

Im sorry that your wife was frustrated where she began to cry because of it, thats unfortunate but kind of sad at the same time to cry over a game.. Did you ever think to do some battle grounds to get some pvp gear to defend yourself out in the open world? It would have helped quite a bit.

---------- Post added 2012-11-05 at 04:49 PM ----------

Works out great when your guildies participate in PvP.

For someone on one account in a guild that doesn't participate, their only choice is to logoff and play another toon.

That's the issue in all of it.

If it works perfectly it works. Most of the time it doesn't, and that's when folks now consider it griefing.
    PvP on a PvP server, working as intended. And yeah, the solution would be to log off and get on another toon. Afterall they did CHOOSE to roll a pvp server.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymzkerten View Post
    This x1000. When I first started playing this game I was joining some friends on a PvP server, and eventually my wife started playing with me. When we got to 60 we got into a raiding guild that we really liked, but being on a PvP realm was a constant nightmare. We weren't going to leave this guild, and there was no way we were going to convince the entire guild to xfer to a PvE server (when that feature became available), so we were just stuck there having to deal with random chances at rogues camping you for no reason other than to piss you off. There were times that my wife was practically frustrated to tears because of a rogue, always the same rogue, that would follow her and camp her.

We had to deal with this until about halfway through Wrath when that guild finally died off, then we transferred to a PvE realm with one of our friends from that guild. Yes, we were eventually able to transfer off of the PvP realm, but it's not just as easy as deciding you are done with that scene and leaving.
    As I said earlier, this is a player issue, not a game one. Social reasons locked you to a PvP realm, not the games rules

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arainie View Post
    Completely depends on what you define as ganking.
    Corpse camping is not okay, and I don't think anyone in their right sense actually does it. Those who do it lack love in real life, no need to prove that!

World PvP is not when a level 90 visits a level 20 contested zone and kills everything in their way with no other purpouse for being there.
    A lot of times, players corpse camp to get world pvp riled up. I have seen countless times where corpse camping was happening, and I have got on my high level to help out and it turns into an all out brawl. It makes it worth actually going out into the open world looking for conflict.

I'll kill anything red once, unless I'm doing dailies, then I wont bother. The only thing I have a problem with is camping.

Eventually they will notice they are just a little sick, when they find they gain pleasure from being a nuisance.

Calling it internet bullying is the wrong term. As im sure this pvp on a pvp server stuff is just random.

Just know that 90% of them can't hold their own against a competant player. The other 10% are trying to goad a main out, though

Totally legit statistics there. too. *nods to self for 45 seconds*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laerath View Post
    To me ganking is if you pass my path while i am out in the world doing quests or farming mats you die regardless of level.

Continuous ganking of lowbies with no other purpose for being there is a waste of time imo.
    Farming certain ores / herbs / leathers in a low level area for the sake of AH profits and killing lowbies at the same time = priceless

---------- Post added 2012-11-05 at 04:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jagscorpion View Post
    my question is, how is this thread different than the one you started within the last week, http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-on-PvP-Realms
    Its in regard to the term "internet bullying"

Completely different topic.

Killing a player who is a lower level is fine, doing it a few times is fine. Deliberately targeting an individual and killing them constantly so they get angry and pissed off it just being a douche.