Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    some people might do it, but if someone doesnt like pvp or doesnt wanna do it i wouldnt force him.

actually in the guild im in, me and my arena partner (our guilds druid) are amongst the only ones who do some arena next too it.
    we dont really do this too gear up for PvE, but both of us have been picking our pvp pieces too fill up non epic slots.

i actually had a guildie whispering me i should be using less pvp items, but the silly idiot doesnt realize i havent seen anything usefull drop that could take the pvp items their place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Answer from a former officer and raid leader... I'd ask the trial lock if the conversation happened pretty much as stated. If so, I'd gkick them. It's not any other player's place to whisper others in the guild and tell them they suck, don't care about their toon, etc. It's especially not the place of a trial member. Team chemistry is far more important than someone like that. If I'd had an issue with the veteran locks performance they'd already hav known about it.
    Absolutely agreed...

OP just mentioned a smaller guild, so I would choose the conversation part with a slight hope to be able to fix the issue, and keep the trial, if he redeems himself.
    Redeem means in that case, apologize, come to senses, bring issues to officers, refrain from bugging others, show your will to become a valuable asset to the guild community.
    Otherwise , /gkick

Or the vet could be making it up because he feels like his raid spot I threatened by the trial.. Investigate it and put it all out on the table instead of gossiping about behind eachothers backs.. its all just drama

Kick the trial, someone who can so effortlessly get started on the wrong foot like that will only continue to cause problems.

I've had this happen, quite recently actually. While I'm only a raider in this guild I know the GM and officers well and whatnot, we're good friends. Now there is this one warrior that sucked, I mean absolutely sucked. His dps with 460ish gear was sub 20k in msv10, he would always die to the easiest freaking mechanics, a good example is feng and the fire chains on stone guard and would promptly blame the healers for not healing him or claim that he didnt see the chains or whatever.

Despite the whole raid actually seeing him run away from the person he's linked with(not during jasper overload). We brought in a pug replacement for a couple of runs to see if we could actually get any progress without him. Then last week he snapped for some reason and started abusing the gm and officers so was promptly gkicked, and to this day he keeps talking shit and abusing random guild members to the point that I and others have actually gotten dozens of complaints of him abusing people, acting all elitist and just generally trying to stir shit in the guild.

The warlock there sounds like he's trying to usurp the veteran lock's position by constantly abusing him in the hope that he would do something stupid and be gkicked. That's what I reckon is happening anyway.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Just logged on and spoke to my friend, apparently the trial gquit after raging about how they weren't hardcore enough and they were all noobs and a few other words i wont mention on here. Everyone is quite happy as the harmony and cohesion of the guild is far more important than a raging pvp warlock .

The most important thing here is that a small, non-hardcore guild with decent progression doesn't really need two Warlocks. It sounds like the trial is trying to replace the veteran. Personally, I'd say the guy on trial should be kicked. If the veteran is performing well, and bosses are going down then there is no need for such petty min/maxing. If you were going to take 2 of one class then I'd go for shaman for the extra Stormlash totem during BL.

15+ Year Old Account
    The veteran got bracers form a raid... as such the GL and loot council if they use it have sided with the vet > the trail! It's as simple as that... if the raid and GL did not think he was pulling weight he would not have gotten an invote to the raid and be told to go farm and be benched while the rest raided.

Seems like an insecure trial trying to bash his way into the lock #1 spot... IMO some one on trial that starts drama so soon = CYA LATER! and this is comming from the POV of a previous GL, RL,loot council officer of different guilds!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FireKenesis View Post
    Just logged on and spoke to my friend, apparently the trial gquit after raging about how they weren't hardcore enough and they were all noobs and a few other words i wont mention on here. Everyone is quite happy as the harmony and cohesion of the guild is far more important than a raging pvp warlock .
    Best part is when you see those people apply to better guilds, get in as a trail, then fail miserably.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FireKenesis View Post
    Good good, see your problem resolved itself. :P

Something to keep in mind for the future. People like that will never aid your guild, only cause problems and misery.

10+ Year Old Account
    the trial has a bad attitude, but honestly by going directly to the warlock in question (privately) shows he is at least trying to help his teammate do moredots.

although relying hardcore on minimal gear upgrades, enough to bash someone else on their team for not doing it, just shows he is bad and wants to be carried by overgeared players.

if his gear is not 100% optimal, but still performs like a boss, he is doing it right. for the most part.

When I used to raidlead, I can tell you I'd immediately tell the Trial to stop harrasing a veteran player who obviously does what he can PvE wise to get geared up.
    Not everyone enjoys PvP, and I'd never force anyone to do it just to get gear. We weren't a hardcore guild either, though.

Thanks to Elyaan for the great sig!

Trial went about it in the wrong way. He could have gone with a "Don't know if you knew but there are some great bracers from CP's" or just said in gchat that the conquest pvp bracers are better than anything from heroics right now. The manner in which he approached the veteran is an immediate termination of trial status. It is NEVER ok to disturb team chemistry and cohesion if things are going smoothly and the team is progressing at the pace they want to. Guild is family.