Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    You don't own the charactors you play on, they are owned by Blizzard, the same for the account you use it is all owned by Blizzard. The only thing you are actully selling is the time you have spent on the charactors. Selling the account is against the rules of the game and you have agreed to them, however if you get the account banned then there is nothing the other player can do, he will have to admit that he is buying accounts and therefore the account is banned.

What you did is wrong and getting the account banned would be a dick move. but now that ive said that....
    He would never know you were the one who got it banned. and you would be in no trouble from him as far as I know(im no law expert). now blizz is the one who you should be afraid of. maybe you can just say you didnt sell your account. you sold your username and password. what he did with them was his own business. prolly wouldn't hold in court though.

Deleted
    Not sure about law suits but depending on where you sold it, buyer protection may just take the money from your bank account and give it back to the buyer.

Ebay for example, the seller has very little power, Example:

THEORETICALLY!!:
    I could buy a very expensive item (or any priced) off a seller on Ebay. Once it arrives I can simply state that the box was empty on delivery, even if I can't prove that it was empty Ebay will generally take my side (always takes the buyers side) and issue me a refund, charging the seller.

Anyway, you sound like someone who is out to harm others... you sold it, let them have it or it will bite you in your arse.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Biske View Post
    He knows it's not legal..
    Well then creating a thread was pointless. Of course you can be sued for doing something illegal. That should be obvious to everyone.

500 dollars? wow my account quote for like 5 85s and some alts was like 950 bucks

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Well then creating a thread was pointless. Of course you can be sued for doing something illegal. That should be obvious to everyone.
    He never asked if he could be banned for SELLING it. He asked if he could be sued for getting it banned (IE FRAUD). Reading is hard, I guess.. even after you've been corrected by multiple other people before me.

Also selling accounts isnt illegal, it's against Blizzard rules and can get you banned, however Blizzard can't create laws (yet). One could argue that you are selling borrowed property however as others have pointed out you could easily argue you sold your time, password, you sold them unlimited access to your computer for 30 seconds and they happened to write it down.. a million different things.. It would never hold up in court on either side as its a really weird matter. Blizzard would never go after you just because it would cost them a lot more then just ignoring it.
    Last edited by Mondroc; 2012-11-06 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlance View Post
    500 dollars? wow my account quote for like 5 85s and some alts was like 950 bucks
    Had 3 90s, 15k achievement points and a bunch of shit you can't get anymore... I'm not going to get it banned because it is a dick move. So.. let this thread die? or a mod delete it?

Quote Originally Posted by Omang View Post
    if I was to get my account banned after selling it could I be sued for fraud?
    No you couldn't be sued. However bought it knows it is against the rules for transferring the account to their possession. The person could get upset, but there would be no legal implications. You may feel it is unethical, but lets get real, if ethics mattered the world would be a lot different place.

Yes Sir, for beeing an asshole you can always get in trouble.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mondroc View Post
    He never asked if he could be banned for SELLING it. He asked if he could be sued for getting it banned (IE FRAUD). Reading is hard, I guess..
    The fraud happens when you sell the account.

Whether it gets banned or not makes absolutely no difference whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    What he wants to know is if he can be caught. And the answer to that is "highly unlikely" since I've never heard of a case of someone selling their account and being sued. I've only heard of big time gold sellers and such being sued.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frizzlewits View Post
    its against blizz rules to sell accounts.
    they will ban the account if they find out.
    They only catch you if your an idiot though. Just keep the dealing outside of ingame chat logs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Going to close this here.

Selling accounts is against the TOS. It's also against discussion here. Seeking legal advice from a gaming forum is also not something you should be doing. Put simply: don't do it.