Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    paragon is a great guild and it is sad that they cant get enough ppl for 25 man, and since they only do 10 man, they have lost a lot of the focus that were on them in the past but still they are prolly still the best guild in the world, they are certainly fast as hell, if im not mistaken they cleared MV hc b4 any of the 25 man guilds and that is quite an achievement in itself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    so true silmarilen, i remember the good old days in tbc when killing a boss took weeks, when kael'thas was still up and running when black temple was released and that was when there was no such thing as heroic when everything was on normal. the raiders currently have become complacent and have been dumbed down, sure the bosses are hard but not hard enough and the sense of accomplishment that you had in the old days of naxx(only managed to kill instructor and anub'rekhan but damn it felt good), twin emps(felt so good tanking them and killing them the first time or should i say the only time) kael'thas, lady vashj and sunwell is all but gone but damn they were the good old days when raiding was hard and you actually had to work harder for the kills.
    I think you're mistaken if you believe that tbc bosses were harder than todays heroic bosses. Raiders have just got progressively better.

so true silmarilen, i remember the good old days in tbc when killing a boss took weeks, when kael'thas was still up and running when black temple was released and that was when there was no such thing as heroic when everything was on normal. the raiders currently have become complacent and have been dumbed down, sure the bosses are hard but not hard enough and the sense of accomplishment that you had in the old days of naxx(only managed to kill instructor and anub'rekhan but damn it felt good), twin emps(felt so good tanking them and killing them the first time or should i say the only time) kael'thas, lady vashj and sunwell is all but gone but damn they were the good old days when raiding was hard and you actually had to work harder for the kills.
    Come on, let THAT myth die.
    Kael'Thas was buggy (aggro table not resetting when reaching phase4) and was killed the day that was fixed.
    So was Vashj. And many bosses in vanilla/BC.

Deleted
    EU realms up soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxvla View Post
    I would imagine most guilds that did clear Heart, did not clear heroic MV, like my guild. Tonight we cleared Heart normal in about an hour and a half then started working on heroic MV bosses we hadn't killed yet and will work on that the remainder of the week. That said I'm genuinely surprised there were no kills tonight. This EU bias is really getting out of hand though. If you think that EU guilds will log on and march through this like it's nothing when zero US guilds got a kill, you have a surprise coming. The raid lockout problem certainly contributed to the lack of kills, but it appears that this boss is actually hard. We may see a handful of kills because I do believe some EU guilds really are better, but it will be just that, a handful. Also, EU guilds will have the benefit of chatter about the mechanics and anything that may have been tried by US guilds tonight. Certainly most high end progression guilds are tight lipped about specific details that may give them an edge in times like these, but word does get out.
    Im not saying you are wrong, but its not a secret that some guilds in eu are wastly faster during progress, it have always been like this and its not stopping today.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winkle View Post
    I think you're mistaken if you believe that tbc bosses were harder than todays heroic bosses. Raiders have just got progressively better.
    i think you're very much mistaken about this. the raids have gotten a lot easier, compared to the raids in vanilla and tbc the raids from when heroic versions was implemented have gotten much much easier but ofc that will always be a personal opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by suicuique View Post
    Come on, let THAT myth die.
    Kael'Thas was buggy (aggro table not resetting when reaching phase4) and was killed the day that was fixed.
    So was Vashj. And many bosses in vanilla/BC.
    the fact remains tho, bosses in tbc and vanilla took a lot longer time to kill than they do currently, ofc it can be bcoz the raiders gotten better, i seriously doubt that, even if you discarded the amount of time they used on the "buggy" versions, they would still take more time to kill and they did.

Deleted
    Personally i would argue that both Rag HC and LK HC were probably the hardest fights of them all, although this was mainly due to having one really important phase which if fucked up was a guaranteed wipe.

You have let nostalgia go to your head, those fights were kinda extended by god awful class design and bugs that just kinda broke the encounter

Quote Originally Posted by Meteoria View Post
    Personally i would argue that both Rag HC and LK HC were probably the hardest fights of them all, although this was mainly due to having one really important phase which if fucked up was a guaranteed wipe.

You have let nostalgia go to your head, those fights were kinda extended by god awful class design and bugs that just kinda broke the encounter
    This. When Paragon got world first Rag 25 HC they spended 500 wipes on it and thats pretty fking much.

10+ Year Old Account
    god awful class design and bugs that just kinda broke the encounter
    Yeah back when classes were actually different!

Now all healers can aoe and tank heal, all dps can aoe dps, it makes fights much much easier. Pretty much all specs are viable now, back then most were crap.

Today's raiding is much harder than vanilla/tbc raids, if you think they weren't, you either didn't raid, or are blinded by nostalgia. A reason you may think they are harder, is classes had much less flexibility back then.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2012-11-07 at 12:23 PM.

Deleted

well the thing is, the same things can be said of the current encounters, but you're prolly right the nostalgia have gone to my head and as i said, it is just my personal opinion.

EU maintenance extended again, this time to 15:00 CET

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchmagoz View Post
    EU realms up soon.
    blizz' definition of soon, is extending the maintanence another hour or 2 but i hope you're right.

Deleted
    Yeah back when classes were actually different!
    Which is why feral druid tanks and prot pallies were semi-shunned from a good chunk of guilds for not being a prot warrior, or hey! lets go with Vanilla WoW class design, PALADINS DESIGNATED BUFFERS! You're a warrior? get tanking lad (excluding late vanilla where fury became very good)

I'd rather see all classes get some slight homogenization and all be viable than that system

They are probably doing either:

A) Resolve the reset bug for some US guilds(and prevent same from happening to EU)
    B) Solve other issues that they are having eg. Server stability

EU always gets the polished content since EU gets all patches/resets 1 day later than US, so if something is bugged for US, it will be fixed by the time EU realms get up again.

Quote Originally Posted by Bendeis View Post
    EU maintenance extended again, this time to 15:00 CET
    because of the lockout bug US guilds didnt have as much head start as normal, so they are delaying for it to catch up

I agree that Pre-nerf Rag HC is the hardest boss ever made and I really wish we get another fight like that again in Mists of Pandaria.
    Ashr

Quote Originally Posted by Ashrr View Post
    I agree that Pre-nerf Rag HC is the hardest boss ever made and I really wish we get another fight like that again in Mists of Pandaria.
    from what i heard of beta sha of fear was very hard, i wonder what hes like on heroic

Deleted
    In beta Sha of Fear wasn't actually killed if i have my facts correct

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by silmarilen View Post
    because of the lockout bug US guilds didnt have as much head start as normal, so they are delaying for it to catch up
    nah, its a conspiracy!! they want the US players to have all the advantages that theycan get!!

jokes aside, it is understandable that they would extend the maintanence a bit due to the problems that many US guilds had with the lockout bug. the US may get the content faster which is always an advantage but the EU always get the polllished content or rather a more pollished version of the content which may proove to be an even bigger advantage, i do expect most EU guilds to get a lot of world firsts out of this.

Deleted
    i think you're very much mistaken about this. the raids have gotten a lot easier, compared to the raids in vanilla and tbc the raids from when heroic versions was implemented have gotten much much easier but ofc that will always be a personal opinion.

the fact remains tho, bosses in tbc and vanilla took a lot longer time to kill than they do currently, ofc it can be bcoz the raiders gotten better, i seriously doubt that, even if you discarded the amount of time they used on the "buggy" versions, they would still take more time to kill and they did.
    You have no idea what you are talking about. Vanilla raids were extremely easy, players just sucked back then. The only hard raid in vanilla was Naxx 40. And I'm not talking about overtuned and bugged bosses. I'm talking about correctly tuned bosses that had proper mechanics. Back in vanilla and TBC the hardcore guilds didn't raid as much as they do now. It wasn't until late TBC the hardcore guilds woke up early to raid.

Stop talking about things you don't know shit about. You say you seriously doubt that raiders have gotten better. Are you retarded? Of course they have gotten better. Even casuals have become better at the game. You can't compare the vanilla standards to the standards today. People sucked at the game in vanilla. Just look at any old-school PvP movie.