Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Troll "Beast Slaying" and Throne of Thunder

"Damage dealt versus Beasts increased by 5%."

7 of the 12 (13 HC) bosses in Throne of Thunder are beasts.

Considering people often race change for a minimal DPS increase (300 int, agility, strength from Pandaren racial) or better regen (BE > Panda for mana regen, Human > Panda for mana regen etc) does anything think this is going to lead to some issues? A 5% flat increase is a lot. It's a huge amount. When people are doing around 120-150k dps, that 5% bonus grants an additional 6,000 - 9,000 DPS. Raid wide you're probably going to be increasing your DPS from anywhere between 72,000 - 108,000 dps.

That's a lot of DPS. It also doesn't include the other troll racial Berserking which for some classes offers the highest DPS output (mages as a prime example).

Anyone else feel concerned?
    Last edited by mmocdf700697f3; 2013-01-22 at 03:22 PM.

oh shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Racials are outdated in this game, also BE racial got nerfed to ground so ppl would reroll panda, was 6% now is 2% mana every 2 mins. I doubt they fix racials too much since it gives them pretty nice ammount of cash when ppl reroll.

brb gonna force guild dpses to reroll troll hunters next patch

Deleted
    That's hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Vapo View Post
    Racials are outdated in this game, also BE racial got nerfed to ground so ppl would reroll panda, was 6% now is 2% mana every 2 mins. I doubt they fix racials too much since it gives them pretty nice ammount of cash when ppl reroll.
    I think its the opposite. Racials are a relic of a time when there was actual diversity and talent trees actually mattered. I don't see them lasting too much longer.

Yup, INC nerf to 1% or does not affect raid bosses. So now also because of racial stuff, some classes will be harder to top meters with or some combinations? Yay.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zstr View Post
    brb gonna force guild dpses to reroll troll hunters next patch
    Lol

and don't forget the damage increase with ranged weapons
    if Marksman is good in 5.2, expect to see every top hunter switching back from orc to troll.

Most likely they'll change some of the boss races to unspecified. Generally, they're ok with 1 boss per tier being counted as a "Beast" but not much more than that, this having over half the raid be beasts is a bit short sighted.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by GuniorBinda View Post
    Lol

and don't forget the damage increase with ranged weapons
    if Marksman is good in 5.2, expect to see every top hunter switching back from orc to troll.
    As of the changes right now, Marks might move up from somewhere in the worst 3 DPS specs in the game to somewhere in worst 5.

It's not looking good for Marks. SV will dominate though.

As a troll, please delete this thread

Ah yes, as if the horde racials weren't too attractive already, now everything's a beast. Fantastic.

I wish I had the spare dough to transfer my entire guild horde. Their racials are already far better without any beasts.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    oh shit lol
    Love the avatar.

OT: I doubt we will see a massive swap to the rise of the trolls.

high end players always race changed for the tinniest advantage. i have a friend in a US50 guild who goes tauren for progression (7 MORE STRENGTH!) and then back to belf for farm every tier. when you are pushing for top ranks .01% matters. blizz gets money from the constant race changes, so why do they want to stop it?
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Deleted
    5% is way too significant, I guess it'll be brought down to 1%.

What are the 7 bosses?

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Love the avatar.

OT: I doubt we will see a massive swap to the rise of the trolls.
    If it's 5%, you most definitely will.

Tried to tweet at Ghostcrawler, wanted to see if he had a response or not :P

10+ Year Old Account
    5% damage to beasts is, ultimately, far more useful when leveling - when we see the most beasts. Remember that 'beast' is not a all-encompassing word.

To use an example, if this were around during ToC, it would be helpful on the first fight but only during the worms, and totally useless on the rest of the instance.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Quote Originally Posted by CausalXXLinkXx View Post
    What are the 7 bosses?
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/zone=6622/thr...under#comments
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Throne_of_Thunder

Judging by descriptions:

Horridon (Dino)
    Tortos (Turtle)
    Megaera (Hydra)
    Ji-Kun (Bird)

Those are the only ones that look to be beasts. Others:

Jin'rokh : Humanoid
    Council of elders: humanoid
    Durumu: Demon
    Primordius: Humanoid
    Dark Animus: Mech
    Iron Qon: Probably humanoid, maybe mech
    Consorts: Prob humanoid
    Lei Shen: Humanoid
    Ra-Den: Humanoid

Guess I should have suspected the OP was doing some sensationalism. Even the "probably" ones are definitely not beasts. Trolls will still have a pretty significant advantage on those 4/13 bosses though.

Quote Originally Posted by Vapo View Post
    I doubt they fix racials too much since it gives them pretty nice ammount of cash when ppl reroll.
    Why the ---- do people say things like this? You KNOW that's preposterous and ridiculous.

Scapegoat hunters are the worst kind of people.