Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Pussyfooted around with a brewmaster (mind was full of fuck—first non-plate tank class and gearing was confusing the shit out of me) while I leveled my paladin to 87.

Then monk "clicked" for me and it's been drunken brawl after brawl since.
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

Rogues don't get better than other classes with gear, they don't perform as designed until you have gear. What GC was mentioning is that rogue damage (and other dps specs) is dependent on good secondary stats, whereas vengeance grants a massive amount of a primary stat equivalent (AP being similar to strength, but without the parry). Rogues are not meant to, and do not, outscale other classes.

not particularly happy with how hunters turned out.

the talents generally are not interesting, really weak, and pet-centric while the 87 ability is retarded in both design and execution. supposedly they were going to remove unnecessary abilities but i have found that i use exactly 1 less bind than i did in cata as MM (RIP wing clip). i miss having melee weapons, i miss entrapment, and i'm tired of my pet.

all in all i have lost utility, i am more pet centered than ever, i have low relative dps, and the only spec i care to play is still bogged down by stupid, clunky, and uninventive mechanics (MM).

boomkins still suck
    Photo Website: http://www.jeremynative.com Please check out

Playing a mage I love almost every aspect of it. They made fire so much better, frost so much better and Arcane so much better from a gameplay point of view. Sadly the class is completly crippled by the introduction of the level 90 talents. THey are all completly and utterly awful. You get a arbitrary increase in damage at the cost of restricting yourself, terrible design. Talents shouldn't make you feel like you'd do anything to not have to use them. Encounters no longer feel like "what will increase my dps the most" but rather "what would fuck me over the least" and that is never a good design. Keep everything as it is, introduce new 90-talents (obviously adjusting numbers acordingly) that we want to use and my class would be perfect.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm enjoying the playstyle of Fury warrior, but my damage is god-awful. With comparable gear, the 'correct' rotation/priority and gems/enchants I'm still sitting on the bottom of my raid's DPS meters at all times. Please tell me I'm not alone. Or if I am. WHAT TO DO

I stopped playing my hunter. Monk is fun I guess, but yeah, just logging on to my hunter is painful, let alone playing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm loving every bit of my hunter and shaman.

Monk, on the other hand... I love Windwalker so much but I'm starting to hate Mistweaver more and more. The mana regen is so horrible, leave alone aoe healing in raid. It is very difficult to rely on Renewing Mist and Uplift to save people when the mists jump to people randomly. The one you want to aoe heal may not end up not the one you're trying to Uplift on. Feh... I guess I just need more better gear and practice to be an effective healer but I've found Resto Shaman to be the class and spec that suited me the most.

So far what I can tell with my two lvl 90's

Loving the warlock, I'm still warming up because it was so a pile of shit during Cata, I stop playing this toon with no offcial main. So far I tried Affliction and Demo.
    Hunter: Pile of poo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremynative View Post
    boomkins still suck
    Are boomkins really that bad now? ): I've been one since BC, but I don't have the dps add-on, so I never know how I'm doing compared to everyone else.
    There has been an awakening... Have you felt it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Locks are really shining now, every spec has it's flavour and playstyle completely different from the others, and a great suit of strong/weak points between the specs that mostly overlap so between the 3 specs you can do pretty much anything.

Only thing seems to be our PvP viability at the moment, we're not the force we were in Cataclysm, in serious PvP.

Dont really like tanking that much on my prot pally anymore. it was annoying to get used to and now i just feel like something other than righteous defense is missing that i had before. not a spell, just an aspect of tanking. I hated ret at first too but I got used to it and now I'm enjoying the new rotation and how holy prism works well with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been enjoying my ret pally since late classic
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown
    "The world is a magical place full of people waiting to be offended by something"
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand Russell
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time"

Loving playing a moonkin/guardian
    "Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable."
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

General George S Patton

Got my mage to 90. Loving the playstyle as I always have (Thank god they removed the 3sec cd on Pyroblast for 5.1).

Also been levelling a Brewmaster and I'm lovin' the versatility it offers.
    Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to build bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaese View Post
    Pussyfooted around with a brewmaster (mind was full of fuck—first non-plate tank class and gearing was confusing the shit out of me) while I leveled my paladin to 87.

Then monk "clicked" for me and it's been drunken brawl after brawl since.
    Druid says hello. But on topic, have yet to try a monk. Might just level one for healing purposes, as I have yet to see a fight where Mistwalker doesn't trump Resto Druid.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a Rogue, I'm not.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mercutiouk View Post
    Ooo has the whole ice blast spam build died then? DK is likely my next character up (tho... we'll see, there's a few in the pipeline). I noticed in LFR the DK's are still doing crazy DPS on packs so assumed icy blast was still working nice.
    Has 2H definitely replaced DW now? That might account for the "slow" feel of it if so?
    Sorta. DW does the HB spam. 2H does not. Since all DK's are now 1s GCD baseline, the speed hasn't changed, but under about 5k haste you have a lot of rune downtime. 6k is much better, and if you can reach 7 or 8k it's really really smooth.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Druid says hello. But on topic, have yet to try a monk. Might just level one for healing purposes, as I have yet to see a fight where Mistwalker doesn't trump Resto Druid.
    i think he meant HIS first non plate tank

but OT, I love my hunter, glad i can play my favorite spec again (BM) and still loving surv, and the new pet tames are interesting. I love my shaman, enh and resto, im having a lot of fun, though its a bit jarring to get used to how totems work
    I see Stupid people!

Mage since '04.

Enjoying it less and less with each Evocate.