Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Two problems with this

1-- Her wow character isn't even 85
    2-- Shes a democrat

Now many people will say "Boo hoo, no.2". Well give it a couple years and we'll begin seeing game time restrictions and federal taxes on virtual transactions/subscription fees.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiricine View Post
    Two problems with this

1-- Her wow character isn't even 85
    2-- Shes a democrat

Now many people will say "Boo hoo, no.2". Well give it a couple years and we'll begin seeing game time restrictions and federal taxes on virtual transactions/subscription fees.
    I'm stretching.. I'm reaching soo far.. ah.. couldn't quite keep up with you...

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    I'm stretching.. I'm reaching soo far.. ah.. couldn't quite keep up with you...
    Well its simple. Obviously shes a casual, which is already destroying wow, and we're going to have one of these people running the country.

As to the second point, we have taxes on cigarettes because theyre bad for you that basically double their cost. Its defintely not a stretch to see them applying the tax to other things. Maybe the time restrictions is a stretch, but watch a few more kids have heart attacks playing new expansions and they'll start talking about it.

Also, virtually all pro-video game censorship legislation is passed by Democrat agendas. Just ask Australia how thats working out for them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well its simple. Obviously shes a casual, which is already destroying wow, and we're going to have one of these people running the country.
    What's wrong with playing a game casually?

As to the second point, we have taxes on cigarettes because theyre bad for you that basically double their cost. Its defintely not a stretch to see them applying the tax to other things. Maybe the time restrictions is a stretch, but watch a few more kids have heart attacks playing new expansions and they'll start talking about it.

Also, virtually all pro-video game censorship legislation is passed by Democrat agendas. Just ask Australia how thats working out for them.
    Any money that a video game receives through subscriptions is revenue for the company. Taxing that revenue would be a very weird step. It just not lucrative enough to even bother. I really dunno where you're getting this from. Its just such a stretch to me.

I'm more bothered by the fact that her comments about wanting to drown someone in her tub and how some days it would be really nice to be able to kill people without having to worry about going to jail are completely forgotten in lieu of only bothering to remember the stupid republican attacking her over playing WoW.

No, seriously, stop being so easily distracted by the stupidity on one side to miss the ridiculousness of the other, because then you have no one else to blame than yourself when you're still stuck with blathering idiots.

What's wrong with playing a game casually?
    Nothing by itself, but over time, you begin to find the games you play more and more shallow. Take the IOS games that have come out recently, or most new releases of games, and you find that game developers have shifted from rewarding time investments and skill to making shiny things for children.

Any money that a video game receives through subscriptions is revenue for the company. Taxing that revenue would be a very weird step. It just not lucrative enough to even bother. I really dunno where you're getting this from. Its just such a stretch to me.
    You just basically described whats wrong with taxing just about anything. If you've been watching the direction things have been heading the last 100 years, you'll realize that there are many people with less sense than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Seems odd she's a democrat when the Horde is so very republican
    Say what? Are you talking about the players or the Horde itself under Garrosh?
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

15+ Year Old Account
    You just basically described whats wrong with taxing just about anything.
    are you a 'no taxes, never, no no no no' guy?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

In my red republican state wow subscription is already taxed http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/981828497

So your point being? been that way for over 2 years now

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    It strikes me as strange that someone who plays an online game would recieve this kind of scrutiny. Then again, new media, videogames and the culture surrounding it is frightening to those who are clueless.
    aka Republicans? (sorry, couldn't help myself - just read six republican quotes on the rape/abortion-subject, and I was actually stunned about words like this from elected politicians - but that's a whole different subject, and something I would imagine could cause quite a large amount of infractions on mmo-c).

OT: I'm pretty sure the original article benefited her more than it damaged her. I find it hard to believe that a democratic voter would back away due to it, however it's very likely that a nerd or two have noticed her name, and while standing in the voter-booth puzzled by all the names and what they represent have recognized her name. "There's no such thing as bad PR".

are you a 'no taxes, never, no no no no' guy?
    So long as those taxes don't actually come back to you, you shouldn't pay any. Most Americans that are employed and producing for the country shouldn't pay taxes because they don't get anything for them. 30% of all revenues generated by taxes are spent on a military that hasn't defended the country in over 200 years.

15+ Year Old Account
    So long as those taxes don't actually come back to you, you shouldn't pay any. Most Americans that are employed and producing for the country shouldn't pay taxes because they don't get anything for them. 30% of all revenues generated by taxes are spent on a military that hasn't defended the country in over 200 years.
    i´m not quite sure what your definition of anything is... roads, railroads, cleaning (garbage and stuff) ... isn´t it payed by taxes in the US? and i don´t know but weren´t there 2 world wars in the last 100 years and a couple others where the US was heavy involved? while i do agree that tax spending should be wiser and for the better of the country and its people, i don´t think you can say you don´t get anything out of the taxes you have to pay
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

And then they wonder why their politics/their country is not running well. Complaining about someone playing a videogame. Aren't there more usefull things to do? And get with the time already. Videogames aren't new and a taboo anymore.

I really can't look at elections/campaigns in the US on television, it's just so out of control. It's getting worse here too. It's looking more like an entertainment show than politics.

i´m not quite sure what your definition of anything is... roads, railroads, cleaning (garbage and stuff) ... isn´t it payed by taxes in the US? and i don´t know but weren´t there 2 world wars in the last 100 years and a couple others where the US was heavy involved?
    The railroads are already built, and states basically pay for their own road upkeep, which is the point of tolls. Local property taxes pay for local services, such as police, firefighters, schools, and garbagemen, and then you're left with federal income taxes that dwarf all of that. As far as the wars go you could definitely put WW2 in the "bang for your buck" category, but we're looking at one decent war 70 years ago (that the US ramped up for, its not like it was spending that much on military beforehand)

So Americans really don't get anything from federal taxes or federal spending, unless you include SS/Medicare.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Does she even still play wow? The picture of her armory looks really out of date.
    I expect she's been somewhat occupied for the last few months with the whole "campaigning" thing.

Good for her.

Deleted
    Clearly there are alot of gamers in Maine, specifically WoW players, who found it insulting the republicans tried to attack gamers.

I hate when politicians (regardless of ideology) do sleezebag type maneuvers like this so I'm pretty happy it backfired on him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mypally View Post
    Its too bad this was post talent changes. Imagine a CNN round table discussion on her spec. "Can you really trust someone who specs into shadowstep? News at 11"
    Oh god I stopped playing months ago, but this right here is sheer beauty.
    That fabric softener teddy bear...oooh I'm 'a hunt that little bitch down.