Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    A while paragraph of personal attacks. OK.

Selfish is asking for a feature you don't use to be changed.

I've answered your question twice. You just keep ignoring my answer.

What category is that? People who don't use LFR but want to request drastic changes to it after which you still won't use LFR? That puts you, Dukenukem, and Arteous in the same category.

Yes, I'm going to dismiss your opinions. Just like a PvPer should dismiss suggestions for PvP changes from someone who doesn't PvP and never plans to PvP.

If you're trying to understand my point of view, why do you keep ignoring the answer I've given you twice now?
    The answer you gave gives no insight into why it's enjoyable for you. 'I enjoy running group content' as an answer gives absolutely no information on why you like it. If someone asked me what I enjoy about raiding and I answered "I enjoy raiding in a group" what information is that giving?

Where did I say I don't use LFR? I have been in many LFR's and I don't enjoy the experience because I don't find it fun for a multitude of reasons. The only reason I do it is because it progresses my character so that I can better enjoy the parts of the game I do find fun. It's the same with the daily grind, it wasn't fun, but I did it because it made me more able to enjoy other aspects of the game. I accept that was my choice, but it doesn't mean there isn't a better system. How would it hurt the average LFR player if they did share the same lockout anymore than it affects me that they don't?

The driving force behind MMO's is character progression. People can claim they do LFR to enjoy the content, but the uproar if they did remove the loot or changed it would be huge. I personally don't think they should remove the loot, but a large portion of the player base only runs LFR for the loot, including casual players. I think the fact that they had to change the whole loot system for LFR to eliminate the fighting shows why people are really there. Everyday there is a new thread by someone complaining that they haven't had any drops in LFR and the new loot system sucks. The reality is the majority of players are there for the purples, which I don't have a problem with. I think that was the point of the initial question. I find the number of people who have attacked the OP amusing, because he never said Blizzard should change the colour of the drops, only asked what the reaction would be if they did. However, people, based on a simple question, decided that the OP was obviously an elitist who thinks that LFR players don't deserve purples. Maybe he is, but nowhere in the initial post did he state that. It was a simple question that people immediately got their backs up over and went on the attack. Personally I don't think he deserved the venom he's received, but that response does answer his question. What attracted me to this thread was exactly that point. I was curious as to the response to the question (I think the answer was obvious), even though I don't care what color or ilvl the gear in LFR is. Asking a question does not equal stating an opinion.
    Last edited by ganush; 2012-11-09 at 06:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirque View Post
    I sincerely doubt OP is a heroic raider, cause honestly I don't see any reason why any heroic raider would give 2 shits what random casuals/scrubs do in their free time in this game, be it farm LFR or otherwise. :/
    Say that to Paragon when they got caught exploiting LFR for gear drops.

This is how and why raiders can see LFR as a tool for their gain -- "Even Paragon did it!!!".

Meanwhile, the players using LFR for it's intended purpose get screwed of gear...and threads like this want to rob them of even more.

Can't have nice things in WoW, the community will just ruin it by itself.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

10+ Year Old Account
    I really wish morons would get over the stupid item color obsessions. It's idiotic.

The only reason I care about item colors is for my Enchanting. Everything else is ilvl now.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ganush View Post
    The driving force behind MMO's is character progression. People can claim they do LFR to enjoy the content, but the uproar if they did remove the loot or changed it would be huge.
    Because it's THEIR end-game. It's no different if normal/heroic raiders now got LFR people in their raids stealing their loot drops...or asking Blizzard to make their gear have worthless stats.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Great! I don't disagree with that point in anyway, nor have I ever suggested anything resembling that? I'm not sure why you pull one line out of my post and act like I'm arguing against you. The OP asked would people be upset, I'm answering yes they would. So what is your point?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dancing Turkey View Post
    But you can keep the epic in your bags and it boosts your ilevel up If its worse than your blue item, theres no reason to equip it, but people do, because its purples! ;/
    Actually there is. You probably didn't notice it, but the game goes by worn ilvl instead of average ilvl now when it comes to getting into instances.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukem View Post
    (rare have different stat distribution on same ilvl than Epic)
    not since cata... uncommon, rare and epic are the same for ilvl nowadays, but you wont find a blue with the same ilvl as an epic, that's the only difference atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    The answer you gave gives no insight into why it's enjoyable for you. 'I enjoy running group content' as an answer gives absolutely no information on why you like it. If someone asked me what I enjoy about raiding and I answered "I enjoy raiding in a group" what information is that giving?

Where did I say I don't use LFR? I have been in many LFR's and I don't enjoy the experience because I don't find it fun for a multitude of reasons. The only reason I do it is because it progresses my character so that I can better enjoy the parts of the game I do find fun. It's the same with the daily grind, it wasn't fun, but I did it because it made me more able to enjoy other aspects of the game. I accept that was my choice, but it doesn't mean there isn't a better system. How would it hurt the average LFR player if they did share the same lockout anymore than it affects me that they don't?

The driving force behind MMO's is character progression. People can claim they do LFR to enjoy the content, but the uproar if they did remove the loot or changed it would be huge. I personally don't think they should remove the loot, but a large portion of the player base only runs LFR for the loot, including casual players. I think the fact that they had to change the whole loot system for LFR to eliminate the fighting shows why people are really there. Everyday there is a new thread by someone complaining that they haven't had any drops in LFR and the new loot system sucks. The reality is the majority of players are there for the purples, which I don't have a problem with. I think that was the point of the initial question. I find the number of people who have attacked the OP amusing, because he never said Blizzard should change the colour of the drops, only asked what the reaction would be if they did. However, people, based on a simple question, decided that the OP was obviously an elitist who thinks that LFR players don't deserve purples. Maybe he is, but nowhere in the initial post did he state that. It was a simple question that people immediately got their backs up over and went on the attack. Personally I don't think he deserved the venom he's received, but that response does answer his question. What attracted me to this thread was exactly that point. I was curious as to the response to the question (I think the answer was obvious), even though I don't care what color or ilvl the gear in LFR is. Asking a question does not equal stating an opinion.
    Of course it's about gear, who would raid normals/heroics if there wasn't gear? The simple fact that its crossed someone's mind indicates they have a problem with people having what they have and want to put the blame on casuals (would casual complain, if I complained to blizzard to change the colour of LFR drops to blue so that I can prove that I'm a raider and they aren't). Colour is just a colour, stats matter and so does my performance. The gear already has a tag on it to show that it's scrub gear from LFR, not sure what else people want.

If he truly just wants to know if someone in the community would bitch and moan over something blizzard decides to do only has to read the first page of any wow forum and you'll find someone complaining about something.

10+ Year Old Account
    As so it came to pass on the day The Great Pumpkin did decend from the sky:

The Great Pumpkin did see the many people of WoW and did see their gear. The Great Pumpkin did then become angry - Thy epics are LFR epics and are less epic then these normal epics! Thou art a noob! Lo unto thee! And with a great shake of his vine the Great Pumpkin did smite the poor noobs LFR epics and they became blue. And so it came to pass that there was much celebration among the raiders. For they wore epics. And they did feast upon the sloths and the orangutangs and drank deeply upon the tears of thy lowly noobs.

The Great Pumpkin sat in his Great Pumpkin Patch in the sky and did think. He returned to the now not so many people of wow and did spake unto the normal raiders - Thy epics are normal epics and are less epic then these heroic epics! Thou art a noob! Lo unto thee! And with a great shake of his vine the Great Pumpkin did smite the poor noobs normal mode epics and they became blue. And so it came to pass that there was much celebration among the Hard-mode raiders and they did chant - Thou shalt not suffer a noob! lol!!1!

And so then it came to pass each day there were less and less people wearing epics, as the hard-mode raiders gave way to only 25 man hard-mode. And the 25 man hard-mode gave way to only the world firsts. With each smiting of the epics there were less and less players. Until in the end there were only the bots. The Great Pumpkin did gaze upon the ruined landscape of Azeroth with only the bots dillegently farming and smiled. He did spake one final time: I'll be back!

(I can only hope that reading that was half as amusing to you as it was to me writing it.)
    I sat alone in the dark one night, tuning in by remote.
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light, but there was Brimstone in his throat.
    He'd show me the way, according to him, in return for my personal check.
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and lit another cigarette.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by subanark View Post
    Enchanters would be like: "But... my Sha crystals... I needz them to pay off my debt for leveling enchanting".

I would think that people realize by the time they can get into LFR that not all purples are better than blues (in particular, any epics of lower level).
    This actually would be my issue with it right now. As it stands, for regular min/max raiders, Sha Crystals are in high demand and still low supply. Our guild's supply (of which I carry at all times) has barely reached past one full stack after the first 3-4 weeks of us raiding in any capacity. With the current loot design of LFR (where I could get gear whether I actually need it or not), I can at least take any items that I don't need and use them for the guild in the form of enchanting mats for our Jade Spirits and Dancing Steels and bracer enchants. On top of the Valor that I can use for my weekly cap, this makes LFR worth running on a weekly basis even for encounters that I don't actually need anything from.

If all of those extra Sha Crystals suddenly became Ethereal Shards, which hell I can craft for next to nothing, the supply of a very necessary material becomes even more scarce. I don't like that whatsoever.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Quote Originally Posted by dryankem View Post
    Of course it's about gear, who would raid normals/heroics if there wasn't gear? The simple fact that its crossed someone's mind indicates they have a problem with people having what they have and want to put the blame on casuals (would casual complain, if I complained to blizzard to change the colour of LFR drops to blue so that I can prove that I'm a raider and they aren't). Colour is just a colour, stats matter and so does my performance. The gear already has a tag on it to show that it's scrub gear from LFR, not sure what else people want.

If he truly just wants to know if someone in the community would bitch and moan over something blizzard decides to do only has to read the first page of any wow forum and you'll find someone complaining about something.
    Do you not see the irony in the fact that the group of players who so easily labels others as wanting to be 'special snowflakes' because they want to have the best gear is equally obsessed by the simple fact of whether their gear is purple in colour or blue? The reality is the purple makes you feel special and more accomplished, why else would they care? I don't care personally, but the initial question is an exercise in self examination that a lot of people seem to fail. Don't call someone out for wanting to be that 'special snowflake' if you are guilty of the exact same thing. It's just a colour and means nothing to your ability to play the game, but the vast majority want to be in purples because they want to be the special snowflake too.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Perhaps Raiders should get exclusive sparkly rainbow items to make them feel like special princesses ?
    One could say the same to LFR casuals. Honestly it was casuals who cried for epics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    One could say the same to LFR casuals. Honestly it was casuals who cried for epics.
    And normal/heroic raiders wanting to steal these LFR raiders epics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since the Point of LFR is to give non-raiders the ability to see the content? I am going to imagine so.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Most likely there will.

But as for me, I think that "YouShouldPutSomeEffortToGetThis" items should be different colour than others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dryankem View Post
    The gear already has a tag on it to show that it's scrub gear from LFR, not sure what else people want.
    ...Finally getting to sink in that this may affect them...like lockouts...

Raiders know how to behave if it starts to effect their little oyster.

In EQ2 they police class forums and such in their zest to protect their niche to not give the devs certain new ideas.

It is he who screams the loudest that gets the devs attention, and raiders played that game for many years over their turf. When the "little guys" learned, they applied the same tactics, and now the niche has a guard ready to protect their little oyster...by keeping mum on certain topics for fear it will get hit next.

Keeps them in their place.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like how the OP post a fair discussion of hypotheticals, and so many people QQ as if he's suggesting it to happen yet they tell him to get priorities straight... rofl

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymitylol View Post
    I like how the OP post a fair discussion of hypotheticals, and so many people QQ as if he's suggesting it to happen yet they tell him to get priorities straight... rofl
    LIKE! This is what keeps me coming back to the thread =).

Makes me wonder if the OP is doing a psych project?
    Last edited by ganush; 2012-11-09 at 06:49 PM.

LIKE! This is what keeps me coming back to the thread =).

Makes me wonder if the OP is doing a psych project?
    The fact the OP has yet to post outside the original shows me him and you are perhaps trolling and purposely inciting a flame war.

Edit: funny how things people don't agree with or like is instantly labeled as QQ
    Last edited by Stasso; 2012-11-09 at 07:00 PM.

You want me to explain why I like doing certain things in a MMO that involve a lot of other players? Not sure if serious.

So you use LFR, dislike it, and want it changed so it's so bad you will stop doing it. Usually a constructive criticism is offering suggestions that make a feature better so more people will use it. I don't see any of that in your suggestions at all. Extending a shared lockout is by it's very nature a limiting of content.

Why the double standard for LFR? This is a progression MMO. Almost every single thing in this game has a reward associated with it one way or another.

Nerf the loot from LFR and fewer people will run it. Does that prove that the people who do LFR only care about loot and not the content?

Nerf the rewards from challenge modes and fewer people will run them. Does that prove that people who do challenge modes only care about rewards and not the content?

Nerf the loot/mounts/titles from PvP and fewer people will do it. Does that prove that the people who do PvP only care about rewards and not the content?

Nerf the loot from heroic raids and fewer people will run them. Does that prove that heroic raiders only care about loot and not the content?

Nerf the exp from quests and fewer people will do them and switch to dungeon leveling or grinding. Does that prove that players in WoW only care about getting max level ASAP and not the content?

Everything in a progression MMO is tied to a reward and when you do reduce or eliminate the reward, fewer people will do it. This has less to do with LFR and more to do with the very nature of the game.
    Last edited by SamR; 2012-11-09 at 06:54 PM.