Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    There would be massive outrage.

People are flipping out over doing dailies for valor gear.
    Disregarding the ilvl upgrade system, the suggestion of blue gear from raiding would infuriate people. Even if the ilvl and stats didn't change, just having blue text would cause them to enrage.

I can see the reasoning of restructuring, though. Greens from dungeons, greens/blues from heroics, blues in LFR, epics in normal.

Would be kind of neat if upgrading a blue item to max with valor upgraded it to epic quality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Would be kind of neat if upgrading a blue item to max with valor upgraded it to epic quality.
    The self-entitled raiders would have a cow, then.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    The self-entitled raiders would have a cow, then.
    I meant if they went to blues from LFR, no valor gear, and greens with a blue from last boss in heroics.

But upgrading a blue from LFR could upgrade to an epic.

You'd probably still be right, though.

As a heroic raider and someone who does enjoy LFR to help gear my alts (and even my main at the start of a new tier) I wouldn't really care if they made LFR drop blue items but I don't really see what anyone would gain from such a change.

I don't understand those people who moan about being "forced" to spend 30 mins-1 hour a week to potentially get upgrades for their mains even though they are raiding heroics but that's another topic.
    Last edited by Paulosio; 2012-11-08 at 05:31 PM.

L-o-t of passive aggressive rage in this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukem View Post
    I know its not just color swap (rare have different stat distribution on same ilvl than Epic) but that can be fixed (just adjust ilvl).

The main Question is: Would people doing LFR as main source of gear/fun/content find it ofending to be forced to wear Blue instead of purple? (same stats, only diferent color with the same "Raid Finder" label under name)
    I'll answer your question with a question, would you be outraged if you were required to complete LFR before you could attempt Normal and you had to complete Normal before you could attempt Heroic? And you only could complete one per week and had to live with blues from LFR and Normal until you could clear Heroic?
    Last edited by Seranthor; 2012-11-08 at 05:35 PM.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

I'd probably be happy, because I'd like to see epic gear more harder to obtain. Brings back the ''epic'' in epic more

People have already shown that they would be outraged with such a change..

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    My goodness. are you still crying about your ´purples´ that make you special?
    he's got the right to just like your crying about 5 man heroics not dropping epics that make you speical.

Honestly i wish lfr din't drop any loot. just gave valor.

LFR was a tool for people to see the endgame content that either could not spend time a normal raiding person spend, just doesn't have the skill to do, or the time commitment needed to actually be a raider and be able to see boss x die and have some kind of closure to the current storyline. It was not meant to be a loot pinata for every person to knock arround.
    Last edited by Arteous; 2012-11-08 at 05:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukem View Post
    I know its not just color swap (rare have different stat distribution on same ilvl than Epic) but that can be fixed (just adjust ilvl).

The main Question is: Would people doing LFR as main source of gear/fun/content find it ofending to be forced to wear Blue instead of purple? (same stats, only diferent color with the same "Raid Finder" label under name)
    Or let's just have one color.... all items are either white or green? Would the 'top' raiders mind?

Quote Originally Posted by velde046 View Post
    Or let's just have one color.... all items are either white or green? Would the 'top' raiders mind?
    that was early vanilla. when getting a few blues and having mostly greens separated the people with skill/commitment from the people who either were not skilled or now just show up for their gear or did not have the time to commit to raiding (wich meant taking them would screw your guild in endgame progression and they would not be there when you need them most of the time)
    Last edited by Arteous; 2012-11-08 at 05:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dancing Turkey View Post
    colour to me doesn't matter, an upgrades an upgrade, I don't get this weird obsession folks have with epics. I've seen people get rid of blues that were superior to an epic, just because it was purple.. So for me so long as stuff gives us progression ie. upgrades then it doesn't matter to me if its green, blue, purple or poop coloured lol.
    I wish that would happen more like it used to. People wearing blues just because they have better stats. That actually was a way to tell a good raider from just a raider. 'Just' would wear his epics no matter what, the good raiders didnt care about the colour but the stats...

I don't see any reason for that other than TO CAUSE the outrage.
    I agree with Kisho, you people must adjust your priorities. To bully people within a game is a very poor goal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatSageCorban View Post
    I think judging by this threads response, your answer is yes.

Then again so would the top raiders be if BLizz announced that eall gear would become one color except legendaries.... Because that's where the dismay stems from, real raiders disliking the fact that others get the same looking gear as they do...
    If eveybody would just focus a bit more on themselves instead of denying others stuff or greeding the stuff they dont have the world would be a much better place. Online and offline

Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    Like this and then every extra epic you get adds more sparkles
    My wife would be so so excited to raid then.

Of course there'd be an outrage! But its a very nice idea. LFR is a laughable parody of a raid anyways so it doesn't really deserve epics dropping.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lochglen View Post
    I am wondering if Blizzard are going to give the Alliance the 5 mounts because the worgen have running wild, the horde have 5 new mounts , i just think they should balance it out, how say you all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    hows about you give half your money to africa because you have more than them, and it's not balanced
    no? didn't think so

The color of the item does not matter :-D Wouldnt make me mad or happy...

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't mind, but due to sha crystals becoming less numerous and more expensive, I'm against such a thing.

Do not want a repeat of 4.0 when it comes to enchants.
    Last edited by Adramalech; 2012-11-08 at 05:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arteous View Post
    he's got the right to just like your crying about 5 man heroics not dropping epics that make you speical.

Honestly i wish lfr din't drop any loot. just gave valor.

LFR was a tool for people to see the endgame content that either could not spend time a normal raiding person spend, just doesn't have the skill to do, or the time commitment needed to actually be a raider and be able to see boss x die and have some kind of closure to the current storyline. It was not meant to be a loot pinata for every person to knock arround.
    Still why would you even care? As a 'real' raider. You play and enjoy the game your way (and get better gear for that matter). And someone else is enjoying it his way. Why would you even be remotely bothered by that? It does not take away anything from you....