Page 1 of 31
... LastLast

Rush Limbaugh: We Are Outnumbered & Losing Ground

As Rush says here:

Do you feel you agree with Rush? Or David Pakman for that matter?

Do you feel the Republican Party is falling apart and will have to update its image, outlook and message for the next election?

Do you feel 2016 is the year when the Republican Party embraces sanity and dispels stupid?

10+ Year Old Account
    Most republicans and sanity are like fire and water tbh... I just /facedesk at Rush Limbaugh though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully they shatter and fracture and the party is never able to rise from the ashes of their shame and increasing irrelevance.

But seriously, they need to revise their social policies if they wish to remain a viable option for the younger generation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did Rush run out of pills again?
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

I'll say this, Fox News and right wing media outlets whining about smears and attacks on Romney is the best thing ever.

Also apparently the Romney campaign was legitimately shocked that they didn't win.

I have to say the responses so far have me buckling with laughter.

i think pakman is overstating the detriment of information etc to republican party. imo, GOP's biggest issue is religious fundamentalism that has been embraced by the party, and a serious shrinking of people that desire that type of government. plenty of republicans are fine on critical thinking, etc, but they do not control the party line right now. they are on a bus with insane drivers, and many have balied or refused to support it any more. that is why i think the GOP's numbers have gone down

Quote Originally Posted by Absolem View Post
    I have to say the responses so far have me buckling with laughter.
    Your Avatar is amazingly relevant to this Thread

10+ Year Old Account
    I would again say that the Republicans are not doomed, but that what "conservative" has meant for the last couple of decades, is.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    i think pakman is overstating the detriment of information etc to republican party. imo, GOP's biggest issue is religious fundamentalism that has been embraced by the party, and a serious shrinking of people that desire that type of government. plenty of republicans are fine on critical thinking, etc, but they do not control the party line right now. they are on a bus with insane drivers, and many have balied or refused to support it any more. that is why i think the GOP's numbers have gone down
    I disagree with you about the detriment of information to the 'dark side' (as i sometimes like to call them). I think the availability of facts and information to all has made a difference without a doubt.

I do agree with you fully about the rest though, there are probably a lot of people out there like that who just can't see themselves towing the line when their group has crazies in the driver's seat.

---------- Post added 2012-11-09 at 07:01 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by 08nolanni View Post
    Your Avatar is amazingly relevant to this Thread
    And yours startled me! :P lol

Quote Originally Posted by Absolem View Post
    I disagree with you about the detriment of information to the 'dark side' (as i sometimes like to call them).
    well, it came across to me as implying that republicans are by default either stupid or ignorant, or both. while i disagree with republicans on most things, i dont think this is the case, or a fair generalization. but maybe im reading too much into it

Quote Originally Posted by The EagleOwl Mage View Post
    they need to revise their social policies if they wish to remain a viable option for the younger generation.
    unless they of course change their act, or more than likely buckle down and keep things 1950's style and slide into oblivion on a national level, and to be honest i don't quit care which it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's a stupid thing to say. Information, science, critical thinking is the enemy of the republicans? The crap I am hearing.

I have seen plenty of people in critical thinking fields like economics or accounting that are pro republican. Even bigger, science has historically only had a budget boom under republicans.

The enemy of republicans was one, romney is a poor candidate. and two, they need to be willing to increase taxes. They didn't sell their ideas very well.
    Last edited by Collegeguy; 2012-11-09 at 02:08 AM.

Hopefully they shatter and fracture and the party is never able to rise from the ashes of their shame and increasing irrelevance.
    I'm not sure if you watched the last election but the popular vote was pretty much 50/50.
    As much as you and your opinions would like it to be the case, completely irrelevant they are not.

But seriously, they need to revise their social policies if they wish to remain a viable option for the younger generation.
    This is exactly how i feel. If the republicans finally embraced abortion, same sex marriage and immigrants, the democrats would never hold power in the country again.

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    That's a stupid thing to say. Information, science, critical thinking is the enemy of the republicans?
    climate change?
    text books from texas?
    their platforms on the state level?

Actually the data shows 18 and 19 year olds are heavily republican right now.

http://money.cnn.com/2012/07/26/news...isks/index.htm

But the polls also hint at a "schism" between those who weren't old enough to vote in 2008 and their older twentysomething counterparts, says John Della Volpe, the polling director at Harvard University's Institute of Politics.

In one poll, for instance, he found that 42 percent of 18- and 19-year-olds identified as "conservative," compared with just over one-third who said they were "liberal." By comparison, those proportions were nearly flipped for 22- to 24-year-olds: 39 percent said they were "liberal," and a third called themselves "conservative." It was much the same for older twentysomethings.

The youngest adults right now are turning conservative.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    I'll say this, Fox News and right wing media outlets whining about smears and attacks on Romney is the best thing ever.

Also apparently the Romney campaign was legitimately shocked that they didn't win.
    Can you blame them? He went into this election against incumbent President in a weak and struggling economy. According to the exit polls on CNN, the economy was the #1 issue at 60%, followed distantly by health care at 17%. Obama was re-elected with the highest unemployment rate of any president returned to office since Franklin Roosevelt in 1936. I'd say Romney had a good reason to be a little shellshocked.

Quote Originally Posted by Khoranth View Post
    This is exactly how i feel. If the republicans finally embraced abortion, same sex marriage and immigrants, the democrats would never hold power in the country again.
    Honestly doubt it long as their stance on healthcare remains what it is.

That matters little though now as healthcare reform will come and stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    I'm not sure if you watched the last election but the popular vote was pretty much 50/50.
    As much as you and your opinions would like it to be the case, completely irrelevant they are not.
    They couldn't beat a president with ~8% unemployment. They couldn't even win a battle ground state.

---------- Post added 2012-11-09 at 02:11 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Erenax View Post
    Can you blame them? He went into this election against incumbent President in a weak and struggling economy. According to the exit polls on CNN, the economy was the #1 issue at 60%, followed distantly by health care at 17%. Obama was re-elected with the highest unemployment rate of any president returned to office since Franklin Roosevelt in 1936. I'd say Romney had a good reason to be a little shellshocked.
    Yes I can blame them. People who were objectively looking at polling data and making predictions based on fact and reason rather than punditry and hope (Nate Silver for instance) saw this coming.