Page 45 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    Never press Exo. Ever. It's an absolutely terrible skill under all circumstances if you have an alternative.

Make sure you wait for GoAK to stack to 12 stacks before you cast ES, as it snapshots your stats when cast, and remember that since HoW scales with AP to a much larger degree than TV does (as TV is weapon-damage based), there are fringe cases during your opener with double str trinket procs where you may want to HoW at 5 HoPo rather than using TV - it doesn't matter if you waste HoPo if you fill every GCD with the highest possible DPET spell.
    I find myself having too much downtime between CDs if I don't use Exo (because my iLvl is so low, I'm not at the 40% recommended haste) so I'll definitely have to throw Exo in there unfortunately, but understandable once I actually hit the haste to not use it.

Will definitely watch my GoAK stacks before I ES! I did not know it snapshot my stats. Thanks a ton for the info, going to go test this all out on the dummy

- - - Updated - - -

So I've been testing the new priority (given by Praise) and I seem to be doing lower DPS on the dummy while trying to avoid Exo like the plague. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Dogchow View Post
    http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...done&source=37

There ya go! Sorry didn't realize that WoL was the dook :P I'll be sure to keep it out of here.

My opener goes like this:
    Exorcism>Judgement>CS>Inquis>{Pop all CDs ES/AW and GoAK}>HoW every other attack (Unless I have 5 HP then TV)

Priority list is:
    Keep Inquis up>HoW>Exo proc>Exo on CD>CS on CD>Judgement on CD>TV if @ 5HP (or everything else is on CD)

I do not use Mass Exo glyph or Inquis glyph.
    So okay I'm gonna give you the advice of a lifetime, get the craft able holy pvp 4 pc and use it to get 5 holy power from casting flash of lights before getting into combat, only do this if you know that you're gonna have a safe pull timer (I usually never trust LFR with this trick.)

In any case your rotation inside avenging wrath should look like:
    HoW -> CS -> HoW -> TV this isnt concrete because feel free to replace TV or CS with divine storm procs, ES, or Inquisition (although if you reach 5 holy power TV technically would take priority.

But yeah these guys are absolutely right exorcism is terrible dog shit garbage only time it's really good is if there like a ton of targets because of mass Exo glyph not DR'ing the cleave it does, even then HotR and Judgement with SoR would out do it.

Do you know how to use weak auras? Or track ICD tribket CDs/RPPM a procs? This really helps out in snapshotting ES, for example I usually won't ES on pull until both trinkets are up + 12 stack GOAK, and if there is an AoW proc, the better the damage snapshots, mind you this isn't really an absolute requirement but it's good for getting more bang for your buck. Imo if you're gonna have to wait more than 10 seconds between getting a trinket proc, having wings or a GoaK, it's probably not worth.

Quote Originally Posted by MBDTF View Post
    So okay I'm gonna give you the advice of a lifetime, get the craft able holy pvp 4 pc and use it to get 5 holy power from casting flash of lights before getting into combat, only do this if you know that you're gonna have a safe pull timer (I usually never trust LFR with this trick.)

In any case your rotation inside avenging wrath should look like:
    HoW -> CS -> HoW -> TV this isnt concrete because feel free to replace TV or CS with divine storm procs, ES, or Inquisition (although if you reach 5 holy power TV technically would take priority.

But yeah these guys are absolutely right exorcism is terrible dog shit garbage only time it's really good is if there like a ton of targets because of mass Exo glyph not DR'ing the cleave it does, even then HotR and Judgement with SoR would out do it.

Do you know how to use weak auras? Or track ICD tribket CDs/RPPM a procs? This really helps out in snapshotting ES, for example I usually won't ES on pull until both trinkets are up + 12 stack GOAK, and if there is an AoW proc, the better the damage snapshots, mind you this isn't really an absolute requirement but it's good for getting more bang for your buck. Imo if you're gonna have to wait more than 10 seconds between getting a trinket proc, having wings or a GoaK, it's probably not worth.
    Yes I know how to use weak auras, but I use fortexorcist to track CDs/procs. Unfortunately atm I HAVE to use Exo because I'm only at 26.79% haste and if I don't use it I'm sitting auto attacking for 2 seconds between CDs.

Deleted
    Yes I know how to use weak auras, but I use fortexorcist to track CDs/procs. Unfortunately atm I HAVE to use Exo because I'm only at 26.79% haste and if I don't use it I'm sitting auto attacking for 2 seconds between CDs.
    Oh, you're always going to have to use Exo at some point, because our ability CDs and our GCD are reduced to the exact same degree by haste. You'd need well upwards of 21250 haste to be able to actually drop Exo from your rotation completely.

No, what's critical, and what we're trying to reinforce, is that you must under no circumstances use Exo ahead of anything else. You should obviously use it when you have nothing else to press, but if you have any alternative skill to press, use that instead.

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    Oh, you're always going to have to use Exo at some point, because our ability CDs and our GCD are reduced to the exact same degree by haste. You'd need well upwards of 21250 haste to be able to actually drop Exo from your rotation completely.

No, what's critical, and what we're trying to reinforce, is that you must under no circumstances use Exo ahead of anything else. You should obviously use it when you have nothing else to press, but if you have any alternative skill to press, use that instead.
    I've been doing exactly that and it has increased my pretty noticeably. Thanks a lot for the quick info both MBDTF and PraisetheSun, I really appreciate it!

I've been doing exactly that and it has increased my pretty noticeably. Thanks a lot for the quick info both MBDTF and PraisetheSun, I really appreciate it!
    np, if you have questions I'm usually in game illmatic#1330

(as you can see I don't really check MMO-C as often as I should)

Hello everyone. I was wondering if someone wouldn't mind looking over my logs and giving me a review. The last step in my trial process for the guild I'm in is to have your logs reviewed and critiqued by someone other than yourself who plays the same spec/class as you do.

The logs are from about a month ago, my item level was around 577: www warcraftlogs com /reports/xvNgwRq16dK74JXp#type=damage-done&boss=-2

Sorry about the 'link', I haven't posted enough times on MMO-C to be able to post links.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcarius View Post
    Hello everyone. I was wondering if someone wouldn't mind looking over my logs and giving me a review. The last step in my trial process for the guild I'm in is to have your logs reviewed and critiqued by someone other than yourself who plays the same spec/class as you do.

The logs are from about a month ago, my item level was around 577: www warcraftlogs com /reports/xvNgwRq16dK74JXp#type=damage-done&boss=-2

Sorry about the 'link', I haven't posted enough times on MMO-C to be able to post links.
    why don't you use DP/LH for fallen protectors?

You have only one hit of SoR during the fight, SoR is really worth swapping to imo when you get into the Sun transition due to how many adds are active.

Also not enough censure damage, you're aware that you can have 5 stacks running on all of them at the same time.

The time between your first two HoW's on norushen is 6 seconds, why is that?

Your opener is kind of odd, its a waste of time/gcd's popping wings/GoAK on pull but waiting til 4 seconds to use inquisition. Use the holy pvp 4 pc before pulls in order to start the fight with 5 holy power and not waste abilities ESPECIALLY inside Wings that arent effected by 30% more damage, it maybe 4 seconds, but those 4 seconds matter.

You also either don't use your pot prepull, or don't use your second potion on a lot of these fights.

You didnt even use Seal of Truth on Sha of Pride

again, no LH for Galakras?

You did pretty okay on IJ as far as DPS is concerned.

As far as everything past that your performance seems to be okay. But your DPS especially @ a 577 item level seems to be below average.

You have only one hit of SoR during the fight, SoR is really worth swapping to imo when you get into the Sun transition due to how many adds are active.

Also not enough censure damage, you're aware that you can have 5 stacks running on all of them at the same time.

Your opener is kind of odd, its a waste of time/gcd's popping wings/GoAK on pull but waiting til 4 seconds to use inquisition. Use the holy pvp 4 pc before pulls in order to start the fight with 5 holy power and not waste abilities ESPECIALLY inside Wings that arent effected by 30% more damage, it maybe 4 seconds, but those 4 seconds matter.

You also either don't use your pot prepull, or don't use your second potion on a lot of these fights.

As far as everything past that your performance seems to be okay. But your DPS especially @ a 577 item level seems to be below average.
    \

To be fair, switching to SoR during Sun's desperate measures only really works if you've got adds around, generally our tanks move He and Rook to a seperate add each for cleaving benefits and most of the small adds congregate in the middle, meaning that SoR would be a DPS loss if you're staying on the bosses (like you usually should be unless aiming for padding/ranks).

He also went up one of the towers for Gala, and died at 5:17 and I don't believe he was rez'd (note the 103m total damage), meaning he was meant to go for the 2nd. Using LH when doing towers? Doesn't make as much of a difference as if he was on ground duty the whole fight.
    Last edited by Serani; 2014-10-07 at 03:09 AM.

I go deep on protectors and I've never used SoR once on it ever
    Smitus of <Solace>, previously of <SNF>

We didn't tank everything in the middle. Rook and He were/are moved out and melee are on those. I'm generally on He during Sun's DM.

As for Censure, I was working on that. I ended up with Rook and Sun pretty close and He further behind. Working on that.

I have no idea why there is a 4 second gap between HoW uses. That might have been one of those fights where I had a wrong piece of gear on and was missing some haste.

That Sha. I just didn't pay attention to my seals. This was my first raid week in Shade of Arrows, I thought I had all of my WeakAuras and TMW stuff set up. It wasn't until later in the night until I realized half of them weren't working.

I was in the towers for Galakras. I died from Drakefire and didn't get a rez.

I lied. My item level that week was 574. I wasn't 577 until the end of that first week.

Either way, thank you for taking the time to look over my logs.

I thank you other folks for your responses as well.

I realize that 6.0/WoD will change everything, but I would love some advice for the now, just so I get an idea. I want to apply to a decent raiding guild for WoD and need to make sure my logs are up to par.

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/f3c6aPWr8hGKHRVz
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...klite/advanced

Currently on the target dummy I burst ~250k and I sustain ~120k.

7+ Year Old Account

[RET] Halp with my DPSorz

Well hello there!, my guild is a heroic raiding guild, and we are just getting into the H fights, we did a few weeks of N to get PC and probably rings, my damage started pretty poor but when i got the 2pc it rocketed up, but i still feel i should be doing better. I post this thread because everyone seems to have abandoned the "Fix my DPS" thread, sorry!

Armory link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...irgamed/simple
    Worldoflogs link: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...RLTN4#fight=26 (Disregard the 5 min Kormrok kill)
    Early HFC Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Yra379LpvKVb2wFW (Before getting any set pieces)
    Questions, concerns, expectations: So i was pretty hesitant to switch from my 4P T17 to a 2p-2p with T18, took me a while to get the confidence, although my dps has increased considerably, i still feel that its not as good as it could be, for a couple of reasons. Usually when the fight gets too tense or visually intense, i tend to screw my rotations and priorities a bit. Also i feel im not using the spells i need to use enough times.

For example: On HFA i switch to my T17 4P, grab LH and Glyph Exo, i switch to SoR when the main "Boss" is gone, and i mainly spam FV to get the empowered DS AND the Enhanced DS proc too, should i still use it if its only buffed by FV?Or should i alternate, 1 FV, 1 DS?

7+ Year Old Account
    Anyone here can help?, the FIx my dps thread seems to be deleted

Quick look at your armory and what I could see in your logs your DPS seems more than fine for your gear and heroic mode. At 2+ targets you want to alternate FV and DS.
    Last edited by Shoopuf; 2015-08-02 at 02:34 PM.

Hey guys, so in the last week i swapped from holy to ret spec ( i was ret 6.0-6.2 but in 6.2 i went holy ) anyway im trailing with a new guild who was on H archi progression. I noticed how low my dps was consitently and was wondering if there is anyhting i am doing wrong or anything i can improve on or is it simply a case of lack of gear? thanks in advanced

Logs from h archi : ( was only in on the first 6 attempts ) https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/1X2nhqRm9tbdWa7B

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...sonar/advanced

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asonarth View Post
    Hey guys, so in the last week i swapped from holy to ret spec ( i was ret 6.0-6.2 but in 6.2 i went holy ) anyway im trailing with a new guild who was on H archi progression. I noticed how low my dps was consitently and was wondering if there is anyhting i am doing wrong or anything i can improve on or is it simply a case of lack of gear? thanks in advanced

Logs from h archi : ( was only in on the first 6 attempts ) https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/1X2nhqRm9tbdWa7B

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...sonar/advanced
    You're consistently managing less than 40% Seraphim uptime. If you don't have the mechanical skill/presence of mind to manage close to 50% Seraphim uptime on progression fights, you will get better results with another talent.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...uras&source=11 44%

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...uras&source=11 43%

whilst i agree its not really 50% uptime ( that was my frist fight as ret sicne going holy ) its hardly consistenly below 40% there were 2 attemps i died early on and 1 attempt where i had FV ( and did less dmg then seraphim ) there was only once that i was up the whole time and scored below 40%... I need to get used to ret play style again yes, but i wouldnt say i dont have the "mechanica skill/ presence of mind".

I'm trying to iron out my play before I transfer off to Illidan so that I have an easier time finding a guild that is willing to bring another Melee that isn't a DK.

Logs

Armory

I'm mainly worried about parsing on fights like Zakuum where I can basically tunnel the boss outside of throwing a stray Sac. I feel like I'm doing something fundamentally wrong but I can't place my finger on it, I have SOME suspicions that my damage may be suffering due to the lack of my 2/4P but here I just feel like SOMETHING is off and it's NOT my 2P.

Also I am using FV/DP just because I don't have the 2P yet and I feel like when RNG is slightly better than average my damage is higher than Sera/AW... however I probably should have swapped to Sera/AW for at least Gorefiend since CD stacking for Vulnerability is a big deal.

Hey guys been lurking for awhile but this is my first post.

I have been running with another pally and just comparing DPS I notice he is always just that little bit in front of me, he has T18 4 set and EDH, I dont have either.

I was looking over logs after our run and noticed that his Hand of Light is doing waaaaay more damage than me even though I am getting more hits.

If you look at the Xhul fight for example, we both used FV, SW and lights hammer and still his HoL did alot more damage.

Is there something im missing? Its probably something obvious but its late here and I cant work it out!

Here are logs: warcraftlogs .com/reports/VXWTCmZ2Dwbxrz6J#type=summary

I am Obrim and the other pally I am looking at is Jertra.

Appreciate any insight! Thanks