Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    Was only an example, there are certain times when you need to heal 6 people for a small amount vs bombing 1 person
    Atonement.

(links still dont work, havent been around on the forums enough yet!)

Hey Guys Just getting an update.

I basically took LoD off my bars...got really strange to not use it, but my HPS has increases quite a bit.
    I'd like you guys to take another look at my logs & character to see if there's any other adjustments you'd make. I decided to go with the haste breakpoint in the 10.7k range (Im slightly above it right now due to an upgraded piece i got...havent had a chance to regem).

us.battle.net/wow/en/character/thrall/Shoozadin/advanced

Here's the logs for Malkorok (the one i struggled the most on) as well as the logs for Thok. (I went with EF for Thok and it worked nicely for when a few dps got out of range. I tried to keep a 100% uptime on EF on the entire raid).
    worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-83bc0f8d0k51nbvl/details/4/ Malkorok
    worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ykdtifawoh8ayz9z/details/10/?s=406&e=864 Thok

My overhealing is still really high. Is that normal for holy especially in the haste/EF build?

I worked on trying to blow HS on cooldown (wasnt before) as well as using my cooldowns as they came up (or saved them for high intensity portions of the fight).

Mana again is not MUCH of an issue, but I still run with a lot more spirit than I feel I maybe should. (We have 2 druids and a priest, so cooldowns are at my disposal if necessary).

I'll start by saying I'm not even going to try to analyse your Thok/Mal logs, as they're just almost impossible for me to work with (I find my healing can swing from amazing to awful week by week on them, with no change on my end feel wise).
    But as far as your character itself goes, you're running two good trinkets + the meta gem, with good CD usage you should be able to sustain 7170 easily with your gear level, and you'll be able to drop every single Haste/pure Spirit gem for your choice of Int or Mastery. If you still want to try for the 10k BP then you will probably need to stick to your current Spirit level, but as I'm sure voidspark or someone else would happily pop in with, 'don't put too much value on Haste'. For gemming in general you shouldn't ever gem pure Haste, theres very very limited situations where it may be useful, but most of the time it would be a net loss overall.

I'd recommend something like this, if you'd like to go down the intellect focused route: http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/8...a-a02b65e82bd1 (click optimize and it should set your Haste to 7170 from reforges, I'm too lazy to do all those as well).

Also don't worry about your overheal, I can easily run 40-50% and still not have huge problems, as long as you don't go oom then overhealing is just a good source of Effective Health (Illuminated Healing)
    Last edited by Xs; 2013-11-19 at 06:49 AM.

I guess I'll just put one addition done on Thok/Malkorok logs, which is quite in tune with what Xs believes I will say:

If you actually used your Divine Favor, you may find you don't need that much haste. You can toss it in with AW or with HA if you have the 4 piece. Same goes with Guardian to a lesser degree, remember it's now a 3 minute CD and can be a toss-up but especially good on stuff like Malkorok.

The only fight where I would actually recommend getting some haste is Malkorok, but again Divine Favor usage > more haste to compensate for not using it. Overhealing is not a concern, on many heroic fights I regularly see 60% or more (on Sha of Pride, it's more like 80% or something stupid).
    Last edited by nightfalls; 2013-11-19 at 12:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right now I am torn between SS and SH. Yeah, I like SS like a baddie but it really is the one I like the most. However, my question is what is the best way to use SH? I was trying it out tonight for two fights (I tried EF for two but it felt clunky) bur my HPS was lower than ever. It could have also been Immersus is not a good fight for it but I felt like I could never get stacks going.

So what IS the SH strategy? (Not gemming/gearing wise, actual using it wise). Or is SS viable (at least in non-progression content)?
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Aliyra/simple
    PM me if you ever want to add me for Hearthstone!

Deleted
    Hey, thanks for the rep in the Holy thread

Armory Link: eu.battle.net/wow/fr/character/hyjal/Pachinko/advanced
    Alternate Specs/Glyphs: No change
    Worldoflogs Link: Shaman N : worldoflogs.com/reports/w5s6xbbsvjuprhh8/sum/healingDone/?s=9948&e=10366
    Juggernaut N : worldoflogs.com/reports/w5s6xbbsvjuprhh8/sum/healingDone/?s=875&e=1328
    Sha of Pride N : worldoflogs.com/reports/cl0rbtu8b651mgf3/sum/healingDone/?s=7020&e=7379

Questions, concerns, expectations: I have some questions, first I think i don't use BoL to take the glyph, i used it like 3-4times for DL burst but not enough imo, should I take an other glyph? If yes, which one? You said me to change my reforging prio to Spirit>Mastery until the meta, i'll do that for the next try this night. I took Unbreakable Spirit, should I switch to Clemency? On Shaman it could be useful, but I realy love know I can use LoH 2times or the others CD def.

Description of Playstyle: HS/DL on BoL at the beginning of the fight, starting FE all the raid, when the first AOE pop, I usually use HA for FE more, and use CD when i think it's useful. I miss some FE, using it on one target already buff, or full life. I don't use HP as much as I can, I'll put a sound when it's available.
    Anyway, any tips?

Should I change Holy Prisme anyway? I looked some PoV and most of them took HM.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NarDz View Post
    Hey, thanks for the rep in the Holy thread

Armory Link: http://www.eu.battle.net/wow/en/char...hinko/advanced
    Alternate Specs/Glyphs: No change
    Worldoflogs Link: Shaman N : http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/w...s=9948&e=10366
    Juggernaut N : http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/w.../?s=875&e=1328
    Sha of Pride N : http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/c...?s=7020&e=7379

Questions, concerns, expectations: I have some questions, first I think i don't use BoL to take the glyph, i used it like 3-4times for DL burst but not enough imo, should I take an other glyph? If yes, which one? You said me to change my reforging prio to Spirit>Mastery until the meta, i'll do that for the next try this night. I took Unbreakable Spirit, should I switch to Clemency? On Shaman it could be useful, but I realy love know I can use LoH 2times or the others CD def.

Description of Playstyle: HS/DL on BoL at the beginning of the fight, starting FE all the raid, when the first AOE pop, I usually use HA for FE more, and use CD when i think it's useful. I miss some FE, using it on one target already buff, or full life. I don't use HP as much as I can, I'll put a sound when it's available.
    Anyway, any tips?

Should I change Holy Prisme anyway? I looked some PoV and most of them took HM.
    Thanks
    Sorted out the links, and put the armoury link into English.

1. Regarding your BoL glyph question, you're currently running the most versatile glyph set you can get, and the only real change you can make to that is swapping BoL for Protector of the Innocent, which is a much worse choice (equates to about 1% healing on most fights), that said though it does highlight something a bit worrying, you should be swapping the Beacon to which ever tank is MT at that time, for Shamans it should be on the DoT target unless the other guy likes standing in the oozes, work on that and you'll soon see a lot more merit from the glyph.

2. Regarding Unbreakable Spirit, it really depends on the fight. Personally I barely ever swap from Clemency because I'm so used to being able to throw out two of each Hand, and I don't need the LoH/Div Prot reduction for my regen/survivability, but depending on the fight or how your guild handles things you may want to swap between all 3 (some very select uses for Purity, I'd recommend checking the Wowhead page on it). If you get used to using Sacrifice as much as possible though, you shouldn't ever feel the urge to switch back to Unbreakable Spirit.

3. Regarding your Holy Power spending issues, I wouldn't be the one to ask, as I'm well renowned for being apparently the only Paladin regular on this forum to not use a Holy Power HuD. The idea you've put forth is probably going to work well, but if you're happy to work with WeakAuras then take a look in the Paladin UI thread as there are plenty of good ideas in there for visual indicator styles as well.

4. Holy Prism, similarly to tier 4 this is a very situational tier. Some fights favour Prism greatly, like Immerseus for example, where as others favour Light's Hammer, but if you're happy using Holy Prism I'd stick with that, as its the more annoying to use of the two. For some fights where you can guarantee there will be people stacked taking damage every 60 seconds then Light's Hammer will be the run away winner, using less GCDs and no mana, but it can also be more useful in other situations, just as a way to soften the blow of certain mechanics (as it not only gives a considerable amount of healing, but also applies Mastery).

Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    *chomp*
    I'd recommend something like this, if you'd like to go down the intellect focused route: http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/a...a-dd586b94b7ae (click optimize and it should set your Haste to 7170 from reforges, I'm too lazy to do all those as well).
    The link doesn't seem to work

Invalid Profile
    The specified profile could not be found.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterik View Post
    The link doesn't seem to work

Invalid Profile
    The specified profile could not be found.
    http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/8...a-a02b65e82bd1 try this one, think I deleted the wrong one (accidentally saved twice rather than just letting it update)

Deleted
    Hey All,

Here's my char: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rathias/simple

No WoL im afraid, just casual raiding, got all down in SoO LFR (epic I know), 5 down in SoO normal and a few more than that in flex...

The reason im posting is im going from raiding 2 days a month to 2 days per week and my holy pally could do with tweaking and improving, I tend to use the old HR, HR, HS, LoD rotation or sometimes EF. I should use EF more but I must like the rays of light animation from LoD as I keep using it...!

Im at 25% haste, 17K spirit, 33% mastery and I should be doing better I think, average heals from last weeks 3 hour 10 man raid had me as 2nd healer at ~90K HPS average for the whole raid, over 100K on 1 or 2 bosses, down at 70K on others, got first 5 bosses down, had a few wipes on norushen, soaking orbs issues mainly which we sorted out.

Im thinking of trying SH (never tried it) as I keep using LoD (a lot)..... is this viable with my stats, should I drop mastery & spirit and try for 45% haste with SH build?

Using holy prism on most fights except group stack ones (like Sha of Pride) then it's Thors Hammer

I have legendary meta gem, got it this week, ran ToT LFR last 2 wings last night and got first 3 Titan runestones, so not too long until I can get cloak with any luck.

Cooldown questions, all the 3 min ones together or one after the other or save them for certain phases or just use on cooldown??

Im using glyph for LoD healing 4 targets at 25% more, this is correct for 10man right? Especially as I can't resist using LoD...! And is this glyph still viable for a SH more haste build in 10 man??

I've recently got my first 2 pieces T16 gear so I got rid of all T15 gear for replacement SoO normal/flex/lfr non tier items with better stats ...hopefully this is better than T15 2 piece and T16 2 piece...?

All advice and tips welcome

Thanks for reading
    Last edited by mmoc64fa8c7857; 2013-11-21 at 03:24 PM.

Deleted
    Hi Smurf,

First of all, if you are specced Eternal Flame, you should practice using it as your HP dump instead of Light of Dawn. If you cant quit, try keybinding it to what you normally have Light of Dawn bound to.

If however, you can't quit the Golden Cone of Light, you should strongly consider speccing Selfless Healer. I see you are gemming an excess (imo) amount of spirit, especially now you have the metagem. Speccing SH will allow you to drop all the spirit gems you have and replace them with int/haste, int/mastery gems. I would suggest going for the 7170 haste BP for now, with your ilvl i think your mastery would drop to low if you went for the 10536 BP. Your spellpower is still very low for your ilvl, but that problem will be fixed with any new weapon, the int you gain from gems will help a lot.

More informed people than I will probably give you better advice, I'm currently 1/14 hc so I'm not the most qualified but thats my two cents.

Deleted
    When you go SH you need about 9-10k Spirit and then stack Mastey, after that Haste. There are no haste breakpoints with SH. Don't use LoD Glyph. That is a direct healing loss as 6*100 = 600 and 4*125 = 500, so just never ever use it ;-)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tungzten View Post
    When you go SH you need about 9-10k Spirit and then stack Mastey, after that Haste. There are no haste breakpoints with SH. Don't use LoD Glyph. That is a direct healing loss as 6*100 = 600 and 4*125 = 500, so just never ever use it ;-)
    You don't really need that much spirit for SH. 9-10k just tends to be the amount left many of us are left with after reforging it out in SoO ilvls.
    Last edited by Freia; 2013-11-21 at 05:00 PM.

Deleted
    Depends on the group comp. On some fights I run OOM with 9,7k spirit (especially if our lazy priests don't want to hymn...) on others I never droop below 50%, really depends.

Quote Originally Posted by smurftech View Post
    You have the gear right now to pretty much try anything you want, my personal recommendation would be to go with the 3.5k Haste breakpoint (will take a bit of reforging out, but you'll gain very little from 7.1k). Also if you really want to stop using LoD and start playing the EF spec, then just unbind LoD or take it off your bars entirely, just remember to put it back on once you feel comfortable not using LoD to excess anymore, you should be casting at most 1 LoD for every 10 EFs. You'll see a significant boost in raw HPS by doing this, although at first you may see a drop as you're getting used to how to take advantage of your strengths. But once you're used to it, you may even be able to drop healers.

As for the SH build, you can always give that a go, but you'd need to have your focus as something more like 2x Mastery = Int > Haste > Crit > Spirit, as Haste really doesn't do anything major for the SH build, just reforge out all your Spirit and make sure every item has Mastery > Haste > Crit.

Congrats on the Legendary meta gem, make sure you have a way to know when the proc is up so you can take full advantage of it, you could be turning it from a 1k spirit boost to a 10k spirit boost.

Cooldowns should never be used together, with the exception of Divine Favour. You have no problems putting out raw numbers anyway, cooldowns merely push you a little bit higher, so giving yourself 190% healing or what ever the theoretical max is with all cooldowns popped, is just going to have you running around looking for things to heal.

Take off the LoD glyph, its just awful. As for the tier pieces, the old tier 15 bonuses where quite poor, so feel free to drop them at will. I personally kept the 2 piece for a little while after picking up an upgrade piece, but thats because we where progressing through a lot of the stacked encounters at the time, so my Daybreak healing was significant, but I wouldn't recommend doing it as the difference in stats is massive.

Hey everyone back again for opinion

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...apsed/advanced

It looks like I can keep the 7170 haste BP, and get 1588 more int with a gem change, but I would drop a little over 7% mastery to 32.44% mastery buffed. Do you think the near 1600 int is worth 7% mastery?

*edit*
    (and keep comfortable at 15k spirit)

added note were 2/14hc and working on new ones every week
    Last edited by Elapsed; 2013-11-21 at 11:18 PM.

Deleted
    Thanks for all the replies.

Removed the LoD glyph, added the protector of the innocent glyph in its place. Tonights raid ended up being flex as 18 guildies wanted to go and we're changing raid dates soon anyway. Did first 8 bosses before time ran out, got no weapon drops yet again even with extra rolls...did get a 540ilvl helm (crown of boastful words)....day after getting and equipping legendary meta gem....I do need to track this proc as I didn't notice it as part of the aura bars in Elvui...
    Also got another 4 titan runestones - 7 in 2 nights

I ended up 2nd healer behind druid with 551 ilvl, he avged 84K hps, mine was 82K hps, other 2 were shaman at 55K hps and 2nd druid at 33K hps, they are fairly low ilvl tbh compared to me and first druid.

I think I will keep as I am for now and switch to using more EF, may even take LoD off my bars so im always using EF. Whats the way to go with this, pool holy power or keep 1 HP EF's on everyone or only use 2 or 3 HP EF's on people??

I did use more EF but it was only 10% of my overall healing, 5th biggest heal, LoD was 15% in 2nd place behind IH at 33%.

I didn't notice any detriment from dropping all the T15, daybreak always seemed to be massive overheal most of the time...

Thanks for the advice so far

Quote Originally Posted by Elapsed View Post
    It looks like I can keep the 7170 haste BP, and get 1588 more int with a gem change, but I would drop a little over 7% mastery to 32.44% mastery buffed. Do you think the near 1600 int is worth 7% mastery?
    I took your armory and subbed all the red slots for Int gems, left orange in yellow gems and went Int gems in blue sockets except for the socket bonus. Had you at +1440 int and -2400 mastery. Ran your numbers through my spread sheet and found you lost 1.8% healing. But i have never been able to math out Intellect gemming as better than picking 2ndary stats.

Quote Originally Posted by bouchbagette View Post
    I took your armory and subbed all the red slots for Int gems, left orange in yellow gems and went Int gems in blue sockets except for the socket bonus. Had you at +1440 int and -2400 mastery. Ran your numbers through my spread sheet and found you lost 1.8% healing. But i have never been able to math out Intellect gemming as better than picking 2ndary stats.
    I used AMR set the 7170 haste, set 15k spirit cap it changes some of the oranges to int/haste too and changes some of my enchant style too to get my numbers. Do you have your Spreadsheet uploaded anywhere I could get my hands on it?

Quote Originally Posted by smurftech View Post
    Removed the LoD glyph, added the protector of the innocent glyph in its place. Tonights raid ended up being flex as 18 guildies wanted to go and we're changing raid dates soon anyway. Did first 8 bosses before time ran out, got no weapon drops yet again even with extra rolls...did get a 540ilvl helm (crown of boastful words)....day after getting and equipping legendary meta gem....I do need to track this proc as I didn't notice it as part of the aura bars in Elvui...
    Also got another 4 titan runestones - 7 in 2 nights
    It uses the Clearcasting icon, if you have WeakAuras you can use this string:
    Code:
    dOtIdaGEuG2fQYRLIMjkXCvOztLBQO62qvFdKANiXEj7g4Wi(ji6Vi14ajddvmuuuTnuedxPoiiCAkoMcoNuOfkvTuKKAXOKwov9qKu8uvpgkpxYerrAQGAYuA6IUikkldv1ZuuUUs2ikGtIsTzP02rH6JiPQVIc5ZsLVRiJejLglscJgvA8ij5siPY0qbDnPGZdvUSW6qs0VHSgeSUrNnidFlblgzJHa143HZrFUelAIEobq6xEGEPpWJH8GM3ahD86wDRG1BrG8ggmef(81TMA7i4EsWAw6u3wNQGSTTIuuGIxJ8NXPXgGMZSb(nO7JodcaJBh6gmeqhdHCw0eq964GSTTIuu4ZbkEqdftyc)bonod6g0DiIvW6RkOXCKQuVUh5cbRJF5sJGvQuFvbDTdm1Rx7atW6Lb05crzqP(QcAmeEwjP61XCKQeSEzaDUqN5qWcemLnfLk1jyPbbkbRxjXNcw3IO7COj1R35qt0TEc(qNrbPjelpPOY5rs0Ti6cTaw1R35qt0eS0Ga6fx0KEHwaRoBqg(wcwmcH1cjOgzuqAcXYtQX5H1qgpAbS1yVPzqTipGh(9m9cTawAmUeaiC6NbOcL6TgGP4kyDlIUZHMeR6fAbS6hTa2rMIqwIDK6rS6maAwqzgEC0qUdaNbEtegRBr0fAbSIvLk1nw95rs0jadEsAqabRxjXNcwpXTd9TpQi13(OIuV46nGMk1XtmabRN42H(2hvK6BFurQVxUkuQ3AaMIRG1tC7qF7Jks9TpQi178OjLk1tVPRl8cwV2HZX2QpmdA(qbLoAcajWHt96RkORD4CSTQxhqWhLGfLbDwwygRjXPuVD5CfgbOEL6GfEyVPRl8LOmOxjbRzXCKbK6udZOaZmQwPorW6SSWmwtItNnidFlblgzJHa143HZrFUelAIEobq6xEGsDglkdmKdhLsa
    Shows a big icon and also plays a sound, you can tweak it as you like, thats just how I have it setup.

I think you'll be seeing very nominal differences in Flex, you're good enough geared for it to be almost a waste of time for you there. For reference purposes, you should be doing around 100k HPS per healer at the 540ish ilvl (what you should be aiming for at the half way point of SoO) if you're doing much less than this, specially in the case of a 3rd healer being way behind, you should consider dropping that extra healer for a DPS.